Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

If anyone could answer this question I would appreciate it- can the balcony dividers be opened on deck 9, aqua class, after the ship was revolutionized. I understand that prior to the changes, this was not possible. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aralim said:

Generally, blank areas like that are spaces for some kind of crew-only access. It could be cleaning supply closets, service elevators, luggage storage, or even crew cabins in some cases.

Thank you Aralim!

• Thanks 1

I'm also interested whether people in Aqua are experiencing longer wait times for tables in Blu now that there are more than a dozen extra Aqua class cabins. May be difficult to assess though, we'd have to get feedback from someone who has sailed on a Millennium class ship in Aqua before and after the addition of the new cabins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Katie! Hope I did the right thing - citruscruiser just sent me this picture of the balcony of the cabin we booked - looks great for Alaska.

7208.thumb.jpg.bdd7c92727b1c4ba7a5951c4e1793f89.jpg

I’m sorry if I missed it but what cabin is this is a nice very large deck?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mazza said:

I have been lurking on Cruise Critic for the past few years after being active when I first joined in 2004 . But I feel I must post to thank everyone for posting the photos and the commentary on this thread. We are booked on the Millennium on 30 March for the China/South Korea/Japan cruise and all your information is very much appreciated.

In return, I will try and do a live review of our cruise which I've never done before - although I keep my trip journals at https://travellingcruising.me. This will be our 12th cruise with Celebrity and I think I'm as excited as my first cruise in 2004! 😄

Heven't seen you over on the Roll Call for this cruise - so saying hello here!

Edited by sippican
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think there are inaccuracies.  Celebrity recently published a fleet guide with comparisons of pre and post comparisons.   Constellation column for the Revolution is missing.  

She was the last ship to have the Solstizaton just in the past couple years.

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Interesting -- the Fleet Guide shows the Summit getting its next refurbishment in November 2020, which I hope is not accurate!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, panmalv said:

Interesting -- the Fleet Guide shows the Summit getting its next refurbishment in November 2020, which I hope is not accurate!

Summit is confirmed for March 2019.  The most recent list (which could be already outdated) is below:2036588860_UpdatedRevolutionSchedule.thumb.png.f9e652da34d1c17027af8072440773ee.png

We have a TA booked for the Infinity in Nov 2020; which doesn’t align with the above ... so take with a box of salt.

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mazza said:

I have been lurking on Cruise Critic for the past few years after being active when I first joined in 2004 . But I feel I must post to thank everyone for posting the photos and the commentary on this thread. We are booked on the Millennium on 30 March for the China/South Korea/Japan cruise and all your information is very much appreciated.

In return, I will try and do a live review of our cruise which I've never done before - although I keep my trip journals at https://travellingcruising.me. This will be our 12th cruise with Celebrity and I think I'm as excited as my first cruise in 2004! 😄

Thanks for stopping by and really look forward to your Journal.    I'm sure many of us will be following along and enjoy learning more from you.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lisamn said:

Thanks WonderMan3! I had missed those. They are great photos!! I'll be looking at them a bunch more.

One question - do you know if/how the couch works for extra guests? Is it a normal pull-out style? Does the side piece pull around somehow? There are 4 of us in a RS on Summit post-dry dock, and we've been wondering how it might work.

(Just to reiterate that these were photos I shared from another site. I was not on this ship.) Typically the couches in the larger suites have been pull-out style. With these renovations I'm not sure if that's still the case as I was in a Sky Suite on Edge and it was a trundle bed that came out of the couch. From the photo of this Royal Suite, the couch looks like the typical pull-out style (it looks different from the couch I had on Edge). You should verify with Celebrity to confirm though.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, vtcruising said:

Absolutely agree! We sail in the aft most of the time so need no convincing. We prefer to sail in 1138 or 1141 on M Class (in one of 5 Deck 11 aft AQ's) and corner aft S1's on S Class. We wanted the southern route for Alaska and none of the 5 aft AQ were available, though they were for the northern route. I went back and forth and finally went with a C1 aft for the southern route. If the reviews for the aft AQ look good despite losing the canopy below, I might head north instead and go with one of those (hate to miss out on Blu and the new spa). 🙂

This is from 1141 on the Summit (notice the canopy below):

image.thumb.png.edb8613a00ce433f463c05c3d312e327.png

I would guess after the revolting it will be spines of the hardscape o the bar below?

We sail in 1141 on one sailing and 1138 post revolting... so I guess will shall see...

Are they deep enough for a lounger?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I would guess after the revolting it will be spines of the hardscape o the bar below?

We sail in 1141 on one sailing and 1138 post revolting... so I guess will shall see...

Are they deep enough for a lounger?

I'm afraid you will be right.

We left it with the 2 reclining chairs and nice-sized table for room service and used the footstools to make a lounger-type set up - I'm not sure about 2 extra loungers? Maybe one might fit with a little rearranging?

image.thumb.png.e759c6048e1fafb6d8fb5d8142f1d976.png

Edited by vtcruising

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm afraid you will be right.

We left it with the 2 reclining chairs and nice-sized table for room service and used the footstools to make a lounger-type set up - I'm not sure about 2 extra loungers? Maybe one might fit with a little rearranging?

image.thumb.png.e759c6048e1fafb6d8fb5d8142f1d976.png

Will there be loss of privacy with the spines?

Certainly the bar loses shade yes? 

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I think you might loose some privacy if you are standing at the railing.    I believe one of the pictures from the Ocean View Bar you can see someone standing near the rail.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think you might loose some privacy if you are standing at the railing.    I believe one of the pictures from the Ocean View Bar you can see someone standing near the rail.  

Bathrobes in order 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The closer you are to the rail, the less privacy you will have, but they couldn't see us in our chair/loungers when placed like they are in the photo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, panmalv said:

9 hours ago, panmalv said:

Consistently inconsistent as usual.   It is funny.   If you go to the detail the Column for Summit says March 2019 but on top says November 2020 like you indicated.    Same document two different dates.    I guess we all know it is March 2019.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, bkbarrym said:

We use a queen bed at home and have found those "queen" beds on the ships to be far more generous in size and quite sufficient. Frankly, I don't understand the need to go larger (for regular size staterooms), particularly at the expense of cabin space. I guess they consider it a marketing feature, but does it really matter to most.

I agree...the king bed is too big for the cabin sizes..probably why they were Queen beds to begin with....It eliminates other furniture possibilities. It' s is a big structure whetever it is placed (  by bath or by balc) and dwarfs everything else.  We have lived just fine with a queen bed for many yrs...

Now Celebrity is pushing sales of the matresses That goes way beyond  selling a cookbook.

Edited by hcat

11 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

I'm also interested whether people in Aqua are experiencing longer wait times for tables in Blu now that there are more than a dozen extra Aqua class cabins. May be difficult to assess though, we'd have to get feedback from someone who has sailed on a Millennium class ship in Aqua before and after the addition of the new cabins. 

Good question.

And if the additional  AQ class pax fill it up, won't this affect suite pax being able to dine there on a space available basis?   More staff definitely will be needed and not just front line..We found the kitchen on EDGE, while excellent, to be very backed up at times,  waited an hr for our entrees!  They also counted the useles outdoor tables when calculating table capacity.  Never saw anyone out there.

No outdoor tables for BLU on M class,,,