Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

14 minutes ago, sippican said:

Perhaps that explains why so many  groups of people in the Oceanview Cafe  tie up tables playing cards, etc. While those who wish to eat are walking around with trays full of food. I alwatys thought those tables were for dining.

Well, there you go.  The answer is that there isn’t other space for those people to play cards. 

15 minutes ago, smtcan said:

I think that an area serving food or drink should provide space for those who want to partake.  Outside serving hours the area can be used in any way required, but in a coffee shop the space should primarily be for those drinking coffee just as the buffet tables should not be occupied by card players when people are waiting for tables to eat.  JMHO.

I guess, l disagree.  I think those people have every right to use that public space to enjoy themselves.  I don’t think drinking coffee at a table is more important than playing cards.  That’s why they invented to-go cups.

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I guess, l disagree.  I think those people have every right to use that public space to enjoy themselves.  I don’t think drinking coffee at a table is more important than playing cards.  That’s why they invented to-go cups.

I wonder why it’s called cafe and not card room 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Some closeups of the cabin furniture to get a better view. On the desk I count one EU plug, one US and two USB ports. The lamps on the night stands also seem to have two US plugs and I think there's two USB slots in the lamps as well but not entirely sure of that. 

Screenshot_20190209-163828__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-163853__01.jpg

That outlet configuration is consistent with outlet plates that you can buy (my picture) so I think you are right about the two USB slots

3009DF6B-E3C9-4453-A265-3B82CA6F3784.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Impressive!  Looks very spacious with the lighter / brighter tones.  Except for the shower - bit confused on that from the photo; looks like a small box; but could be only a perception from the pic.

The cabins are the same size as they were before.  The spaces were not enlarged, and yes the showers are on the small side.  Now, the have an enclosure and are NEW. 

4 hours ago, lourdest said:

Pictures of the inside cabin, really liking what I am seeing...

image.png.1dfcd54d65441ae1ae49edb883f50baa.png

First thing I noticed is that there are only 2 shelves for 2 people to put their things.  On the EDGE there are 3 shelves on each side of the sink for a total of 6 shelves.  My wife isn't going to be happy.:classic_sad:

4 hours ago, lourdest said:

image.png.1a359c434bd390433f0fe34ceb52d6f2.png

MAY I ASK WHERE YOU FOUND THESE PHOTOS??

image.png.eb2714b9d827628d28aba5d77119b4fc.png

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART......DRAWERS IN THE DRESSING TABLE!!!

image.png.a3994d97320389317e8d2f7fcc4ce1c2.png

THE S-CLASS FOOT REST HAS BEEN ADDED.  HOPEFULLY THE CLOTHS LINES IN THE LARGER CABINS HAVE BEEN RETAINED

image.png.1dfcd54d65441ae1ae49edb883f50baa.png

OVER AND UNDER CABINET NIGHT LIGHTS.

Can someone confirm the USB ports?

I use my cellphone as a medical monitoring device, and need to have it charging by my bedside (nightime alarms suck, but keep me from sleeping through bad medical circumstances). Might bring a power brick to charge phone on nightstand (as a back up).

If the USB ports work, maybe I don't have to buy an extension/USB port for the Summit's 1st sailing out of dry dock in March.

38 minutes ago, yvrdave said:

First thing I noticed is that there are only 2 shelves for 2 people to put their things.  On the EDGE there are 3 shelves on each side of the sink for a total of 6 shelves.  My wife isn't going to be happy.:classic_sad:

Hopefully there is also a drawer directly under the sink for storage, just like the Edge.

@pd7277I found the pictures in Instagram user account cruisecelebrity.

I will be on the ship in 21 days so very curious of what it looks like.  We booked this trip before the announcement of the make over, so we are very fortunate to be on the Mille right after all the changes.  The Millennium was the first X ship that we sailed on (to Alaska) so it has always had a special place in my heart. Can't wait to experience the new Mille.

Lourdes

• Like 1

Comparing the mock photos versus the real deal.

Early mockup-September 1, 2017.

image.thumb.png.06ae78379376560aae035d7950bd94a8.png

April 27, 2018

image.thumb.png.5f001b8c998f67a21f169bee970e8379.png

Posted today (?)  Glad to see solid doors (not sliders or plexiglass) on the closet.

Appears they went from 3 to 5, and then to 4 drawers by the closet and clear doors not open shelving above it.

And added the 3 drawers to the dressing table. 

image.png.eb2714b9d827628d28aba5d77119b4fc.png

Can't wait to see the other cabins. 

Edited by pd7277

Just want to thank everyone who's been posting pictures of the updated cabins and public spaces. I'm liking the new look, doesn't seem as stark as the concept art pieces (not surprising). Just showed my wife the pics of the interior cabin and MDR / lounge areas, she's liking that a lot more than the look we saw on recent videos of Summit.

Definitely going to enjoy our first X sailing on Summit in 2020! 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Is it just me or does Luminea look exactly the same?

W4.jpg.f9c98f01b9c745e09d37d5314b9292af.jpg

I don't remember the color having the blue hue - my recollection is more neutral/beige.  And as I recall, the center tables for 4 were oriented with the chairs to the front and rear of the restaurant rather than to the sides.  But the furniture does look the same and my wife always needed a pillow.  I just picked one up off the seat at the entrance on the way in.