Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

I really appreciate the posting of the hot tub with the chair lift.  I had searched quite a bit and couldn't find any. 

I would like to confirm--Is this the suite retreat area?  If so, then this is fantastic and at least alleviates my concerns in regard to the modified M class ships.  I ask because the photo is a little different from the other suite retreat photos and it looks like quite a large area.  But that would also be good if it is a large area because there won't be as much of a concern about not being able to find a lounger, like on the Royal Caribbean Oasis class suite retreat area.  And there would be a chair lift:classic_biggrin::classic_cool:!!!

(Sorry, I tried to post the reply under the photo, but didn't do it correctly, so the photo is one post above).

Love the pictures of the RS.    Looks like bathroom is pretty much the same as from last upgrade.   I was on Constellation in July and found it to be almost the same.   I really like the new dining room table.  The previous one had these weird rounded legs that would hit you in the shin every time you would try to sit on the wall seating.

Constellation RS Bath in July 2018

B765625B-03B0-4B3A-82FB-0104DDEFC3BA.jpeg

EE656B37-024F-48FF-9D8C-9CCE2A3ACDD9.jpeg

90A8972A-4A89-4B32-9C03-6BB9508D0189.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

20 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

I really appreciate the posting of the hot tub with the chair lift.  I had searched quite a bit and couldn't find any. 

I would like to confirm--Is this the suite retreat area?  If so, then this is fantastic and at least alleviates my concerns in regard to the modified M class ships.  I ask because the photo is a little different from the other suite retreat photos and it looks like quite a large area.  But that would also be good if it is a large area because there won't be as much of a concern about not being able to find a lounger, like on the Royal Caribbean Oasis class suite retreat area.  And there would be a chair lift:classic_biggrin::classic_cool:!!!

(Sorry, I tried to post the reply under the photo, but didn't do it correctly, so the photo is one post above).

Yes it is. Posted by someone who is on board right now.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love the pictures of the RS.    Looks like bathroom is pretty much the same as from last upgrade.   I was on Constellation in July and found it to be almost the same.   I really like the new dining room table.  The previous one had these weird rounded legs that would hit you in the shin every time you would try to sit on the wall seating.

Constellation RS Bath in July 2018

B765625B-03B0-4B3A-82FB-0104DDEFC3BA.jpeg

EE656B37-024F-48FF-9D8C-9CCE2A3ACDD9.jpeg

90A8972A-4A89-4B32-9C03-6BB9508D0189.jpeg

Is there a way to close the “porthole “ in the RS bedroom at night, we hope!!?

7 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

Is there a way to close the “porthole “ in the RS bedroom at night, we hope!!?

Yes there is a switch next to it and it pulls down a shutter inside the porthole.    Your room attendant will close it and your drapery every evening when they do turn down service. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes there is a switch next to it and it pulls down a shutter inside the porthole.    Your room attendant will close it and your drapery every evening when they do turn down service. 

Thanks, you are certainly the Celebrity top expert.

31 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

Thanks, you are certainly the Celebrity top expert.

Far from an expert but thanks for the complement.   We stay in RS's about 50% of the time -   I remember having the same question on my first cruise in a RS.   

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Glad to see the sweet 16's were not changed. I like the muted tones in the rooms. And I am not usually a fan of that type of look. Looking forward to our Summit 2020 cruise now for sure.

I'm actually surprised it is not as muted as the artist's conception.    What comes to mind is the new Rendezvous Lounge.   The one picture posted looks like it has more color than I was expecting.    Also some of the carpet in the public areas are a bit on the wild side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

With all the warnings to avoid over exposure to the sun and to use sun screen I'm surprised Celebrity is moving away from covering out door areas.

I'm shaking my head at the photos of the retreat .... once again, no real shade provided.

We have been gobsmacked at the lack of shade on our last few Yacht Club sailings and spoke to senior staff about this.

They said that the wind would blow away umbrellas. When we said that this didn't seem to be a problem on ANY of the NCL Havens with their outdoor areas with umbrellas, we would get a look similar to one of our cats when denied a treat - confused and not comprehending the situation!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I'm shaking my head at the photos of the retreat .... once again, no real shade provided.

We have been gobsmacked at the lack of shade on our last few Yacht Club sailings and spoke to senior staff about this.

They said that the wind would blow away umbrellas. When we said that this didn't seem to be a problem on ANY of the NCL Havens with their outdoor areas with umbrellas, we would get a look similar to one of our cats when denied a treat - confused and not comprehending the situation!

It’s a strange one in this day and age. We are all aware of the dangers of skin cancer ( my wife has had it twice) yet this does not appear to be recognised on many cruise ships. We love the S class because they have large areas either side of the pool undercover. 

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Here are the Royal Suite photos shared on another site. Looks nice. I see the same type of robes and Co Bigelow products that they had on Edge.

E7748FD6-82DF-4B68-8B07-AC8C762D5143.jpeg

ED316571-0377-4C31-B535-37D461E003C0.jpeg

CCAED21E-B876-4ABF-A120-B71A5654D519.jpeg

1391AA48-7ED9-4984-954D-4C6DBDA8CE9D.jpeg

F9B4781A-A104-4B10-99E2-D8AD3CBC275A.jpeg

695EDB55-5173-4B28-B356-634C63855164.jpeg

D42E27DF-B174-428C-81DD-B170002AC012.jpeg

8D62ED1B-7F3F-4218-A4EE-7038F7F84A71.jpeg

D709A209-0681-47BE-BDF4-2AE332FDE881.jpeg

B15C72DA-7748-4339-95BB-8E37B1EDA4C2.jpeg

26FD42D1-8BB7-4D3D-A7AF-C6D1244D3C0E.jpeg

I agree looks nice, if I am in a suite  like that I wanted to look luxurious.  The furniture in the living room and dining room do not scream luxury to me .

55 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm actually surprised it is not as muted as the artist's conception.    What comes to mind is the new Rendezvous Lounge.   The one picture posted looks like it has more color than I was expecting.    Also some of the carpet in the public areas are a bit on the wild side.

Jim where did you see photos of the rendezvous lounge, would love to see it.

Norma

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Yes it is. Posted by someone who is on board right now.

Thank  you so much for the clarification that the photo is of the suite retreat area and for posting the photo.  We are so relieved that Celebrity appears to be at least going down the path of accessibility for the modified M class ships.  This is great news!