Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Millennium Revolution -

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Arno. said:

That picture reminds me of an old Laurel and Hardy movie involving a dunking chair:

 

 

Old_woman_draught_at_Ratcliffe_Highway.png

Except the new one on the Milly is more fun!!!  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, when something new is intruduced some people tend to be negative as a rule- so it seems. I like most of what I saw- not all- of course- but I like the idea in general that X is keeping their Millenium Class ships up to snuff!

The new aft deck bar- one my favorite´s looks nice- and fresh- I loved the old teak chairs and tables- so very " ocean liner like" !

The cabins and bathrooms are stunning- and were in dire need of an update- what an incredible job to redo all those cabins and bathrooms! No more shower curtains- oh i know how  we all will  miss them- so nice when they attachted themselfes around ones behin...!

I can´t wait to see what they have done to Al Baccio, Martini Bar ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

 

Co Bigelow products are only in suites. Not sure if there is a change in product for standard verandah cabins. Maybe someone who was in a verandah on Edge can advise if the products were different from verandahs on S or M class.

The toiletries on The Edge IV room are from Lather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The toiletries on The Edge IV room are from Lather. 

 

We had the  Bigelow products in a Concierge IV Cabin on the Edge inaugural in December. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

And now we have seen the photos on the Royal Suite about 5 times now!

 

I'm really surprised at all the negativity on this board 👎

 

OMG this company is doing SO MUCH for everyone and all they can do is COMPLAIN!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite agree- people do complain about the slightes things. BUT- X does everything it does to make a profit! Not to humor us...! Their 500 Million Dollar invest in the existing fleet is a clever investement!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ecslady said:

 

We had the  Bigelow products in a Concierge IV Cabin on the Edge inaugural in December. 

We had Bigeliw in our Edge concierge IV - maybe it has since changed...

 

 

499F70E0-5164-443F-AE10-91BA7A095EA5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We had Bigeliw in our Edge concierge IV - maybe it has since changed...

 

 

499F70E0-5164-443F-AE10-91BA7A095EA5.jpeg

I think this shows there are different toiletries for the higher class rooms. 

Fun Fact: I was a bank branch manager in Manhattan many, many years ago and the original Bigelow Pharmacy was my customer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had Co Bigelow products in an S3 on Edge.  We didn't like them.  Would prefer the Neutrogena products from Hampton Inn [which are actually quite nice].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The toiletries on The Edge IV room are from Lather. 

😂 Lather is just the purpose of the soap written on the package.

 

Soap says „lather“, another product „refresh“...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I am amazed to see how much time people invest in worrying about the brand of a ship’s toiletries... even more so in the context of a fabulously remodelled cruise ship taking you out to see the world...

 

Note to self: if toiletries ever become an issue over all the joy of cruising, stop cruising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT? THE NEW DORMAT IS A TRIFFLE GREYER- i just can not bear it! That is too much!

Do they not consider their customers? One might get a fit of the vapors stepping on a GREYER doormat!

Where are my smelling salts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

😂 Lather is just the purpose of the soap written on the package.

 

Soap says „lather“, another product „refresh“...

Not in this case. Lather is an actual toiletries company. 

https://www.lather.com

http://www.latherhotel.com

Edit:

Here's a review of the preview cruises that's confirms what I said. It's a brand that's used in many higher end hotels:

https://www.johnnyjet.com/first-look-celebrity-edge-cruise-ship/

Edited by kwokpot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arno. said:

That picture reminds me of an old Laurel and Hardy movie involving a dunking chair:

 

 

Old_woman_draught_at_Ratcliffe_Highway.png

 

This could be how they kept the Edenites off the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Note to self: if toiletries ever become an issue over all the joy of cruising, stop cruising!

The greatest joy in returning home from cruising is the realization that toilet paper does not have to be made of thin sandpaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

I'm still holding out hope that someone will post photos.  Celebrity SHOULD post floorplans for us to view.... 

 

I just picked up a copy at future sales on reflection.

I will attempt to scan them.

The new OV poertside cabins in the former Wine Cellar appear to be much smaller, perhaps by the width of the new hallway..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderman3: Regarding the bath products, the Edge IV's product are also in the large bottles and a different company than Bigelow. No more little tubes of products. This was explained as "cutting back on the use of plastics".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are currently looking to book a cruise on millennium for 2020 and I am amazed that there are absolutely no pictures or video  on the Celebrity UK website about the new look, nor any changed deck plans. 

 

I have tried looking at the area about the "Revolution" but all the links just revert back to the home page. 

 

Edited by jo-b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Wonderman3: Regarding the bath products, the Edge IV's product are also in the large bottles and a different company than Bigelow. No more little tubes of products. This was explained as "cutting back on the use of plastics".

Exactly. The different company is called LATHER. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jo-b said:

We are currently looking to book a cruise on millennium for 2020 and I am amazed that there are absolutely no pictures or video  on the Celebrity UK website about the new look, nor any changed deck plans. 

 

I have tried looking at the area about the "Revolution" but all the links just revert back to the home page. 

 

The deck plans are here

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Millennium-Deck-plans.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

Well, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of the Royal suites; so I'm preparing to be disappointed when I finally see photos of the Penthouse.  I may be releasing the FOUR I currently have deposits on.

 

I'm still holding out hope that someone will post photos.  Celebrity SHOULD post floorplans for us to view.... 

How awful for you.  I'm sure the butlers will be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

Well, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of the Royal suites; so I'm preparing to be disappointed when I finally see photos of the Penthouse.  I may be releasing the FOUR I currently have deposits on.

 

I'm still holding out hope that someone will post photos.  Celebrity SHOULD post floorplans for us to view.... 

X has had a couple of pictures of the Penthouse online for months now. If you don’t like the look of the Royal Suite, you probably won’t like the PH either. The layouts haven’t been changed, just the decor as has been mentioned.

 

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, citruscruiser said:

Wonderman3: Regarding the bath products, the Edge IV's product are also in the large bottles and a different company than Bigelow. No more little tubes of products. This was explained as "cutting back on the use of plastics".

 

Out of curiosity, can you bring the big bottles home, or are they 'secured', and are simply refilled after each guest? I like taking the toiletries home (assuming their good)... they remind me of being on the ship when I use them in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gg88 said:

 

Out of curiosity, can you bring the big bottles home, or are they 'secured', and are simply refilled after each guest? I like taking the toiletries home (assuming their good)... they remind me of being on the ship when I use them in the morning.

Sorry they're NOT meant to be taken home;however, you can always ask for extra bar soap and take that home!

Edit: I'm one of those hotel toiletries hoarders too, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

 

IMG_20190211_100306170.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...