Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Great photos...Can someone label the areas?

The rugs are "dizzingly" hideous..Everything else looks nice..but chairs seem low to the ground....many areas seem to be showing darker in photos than I expected

Obviously it is a personal preference.  

I think the carpets look very classy and I like them.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I'm shaking my head at the photos of the retreat .... once again, no real shade provided.

We have been gobsmacked at the lack of shade on our last few Yacht Club sailings and spoke to senior staff about this.

They said that the wind would blow away umbrellas. When we said that this didn't seem to be a problem on ANY of the NCL Havens with their outdoor areas with umbrellas, we would get a look similar to one of our cats when denied a treat - confused and not comprehending the situation!

I thought there was plenty of shade on the YC pool deck.  I was on the Seaside.  Spent most of my time in the shade.

My cruise on the Millennium is now listed in the Celebrity app as "reservations on ships available in this app", before the dry dock this was not the case so part of the Revolution process seems to be adding the technology to use the app onboard. 

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

I'm not.  People will pay for that sunshine.  I don't expect Celebrity to be concerned with sun exposure except as far as it affects the bottom line.  And, as a capitalist, I agree with them.  Wear sunscreen. 

I worry more about their employees

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The 7th photo from the top seems to be cafe Al Bacio and seems untouched? The carpet pattern is a more traditional print and not in line with the other more artistic contemporary patterns. Additionally, the chairs look older style. Did they not refresh that area?

I think you're right. Here is a pre-Revolution photo:

13563.jpg

I was wondering about the photo of Cellar Masters. That looks like it wasn't renovated either. Compare to this photo pre-Revolution: 231971468797446.jpg

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I agree about Gilchrist and Soames, but I bring them home anyway. 😕 I love the Malin and Goetz product lines. What's most important to me are the body lotions. If I'm going to be out sunning I'm going to need to moisturize my skin after showering off the sunscreen. I take the little bottles with me to use at the gym after my workout, steam, sauna and shower. Which is actually my routine on a cruiseship too! 

The brand I liked the best was Penhaligons, which was provided at the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans.  Led me to start using their fragrances – so a win for Penhaligons too.  [I understand their products are currently used on Cunard.  If it's not an exclusive, Celebrity should consider using them.]

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I was wondering about the photo of Cellar Masters. That looks like it wasn't renovated either. Compare to this photo pre-Revolution:

That's disappointing. I can half understand Cellar masters since that was created during the Solstic-zation refurb. but as i said earlier the carpet pattern and furniture design at the Cafe Al Bacio area doesn't match the overall aesthetic of the new designs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You are gonna laugh. But we take our own with us 🙂

Not to get off topic here, but nothing funny here - unless it is specifically designed for these waste systems, you are causing a potential nasty problem for you, the cabins around you and the engineers who will need to fix it. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's disappointing. I can half understand Cellar masters since that was created during the Solstic-zation refurb. but as i said earlier the carpet pattern and furniture design at the Cafe Al Bacio area doesn't match the overall aesthetic of the new designs.

Agreed. Seems as if someone has taken pics of two different ships and mixed them up! 

Modern chairs in one area, others old. It just doesn’t flow. 

6 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Not to get off topic here, but nothing funny here - unless it is specifically designed for these waste systems, you are causing a potential nasty problem for you, the cabins around you and the engineers who will need to fix it. 

Hmm. Did not know this and never really thought about it before in all honesty. We may need to adjust our butts to the harsh stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmm. Did not know this and never really thought about it before in all honesty. We may need to adjust our butts to the harsh stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

We bring baby wipes – and the plastic bags that our daily newspaper comes in.  If you don't flush, you don't clog.  And the bags protect the stateroom attendant from nasty smells.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Miaminice said:

😂 Lather is just the purpose of the soap written on the package.

Soap says „lather“, another product „refresh“...

Miaminice:

I must owe you my sincerest apologies. I decided to confirm my suspicions with Lather Toiletries and apparently they DO NOT supply anything to Celebrity Cruises! I have just been in touch with a company Rep. via Facebook.

Apparently I wasn't the ONLY one to make this mistake; there is a travelblog guy that was on an Edge preview cruise and made the same conclusion that I did, which as you did suggest, was based on some of the package labeling.

https://www.johnnyjet.com/first-look-celebrity-edge-cruise-ship/?fbclid=IwAR0VAuzXdeSTQKpn2__AcE6LCsUbG0Lml3VnfgtSi_FJb0qYpPIYhitxssU

I did find a photo on his blog of the shower dispensers from the Edge ship; this should be from a standard cabin:

Celebrity-Edge-Nov-25-2018-11.jpg

My apologies again to you and I'll try to be less strident in my opinions until I know they are fact! 

• Like 2

This is, if I'm not mistaken, the access to the new A1 Aqua class cabins on deck 10. Those first few cabins seem to be located in a quite public and potentially busy area. The ones further down seem much more private, even with a door to close off access to the corridor. 

7A96E86E-C136-41AF-9AF8-93D907113533.thumb.jpeg.d030d765f9ab34319802e2534bbb769a.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Has anyone been able to tell if they have electrical outlets on the lamps next to the bed and USB ports on the phones like Edge?

Post 652 shows a picture of the lamp with an electrical outlet and USB ports.  There are also other ports either at the desk or vanity.

11 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Post 652 shows a picture of the lamp with an electrical outlet and USB ports.  There are also other ports either at the desk or vanity.

Thanks... I think I must have missed that.   I really think this will be handy.   I like brining a large format alarm clock with us so I can see what time it is when I awaken in the middle of the night. 

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

13563.jpg

This doesn't look like Millennium to me...I don't recall the glass partition above the booth (where did the booth seating go?) or any big yellow chairs in that location...and the grand piano is missing. I don't recall that sculpture either... The chairs have arms...and the carpet is different, or not. I feel like I'm playing the differences in the two pictures puzzle.

I agree that Bacio doesn't look like it was renovated at all though.

Edited by Anita Latte
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

This doesn't look like Millennium to me...I don't recall the glass partition above the booth (where did the booth seating go?) or any big yellow chairs in that location...and the grand piano is missing. I don't recall that sculpture either... The chairs have arms...and the carpet is different, or not. I feel like I'm playing the differences in the two pictures puzzle.

I agree that Bacio doesn't look like it was renovated at all though.

I know! I don't remember that glassed in area either. But I've been wrong on the toiletries topic so I didn't want to say anything. The last time I was on the Millie was 2015.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, Marsic said:

I have no clue why this post is showing a quote box above--and I can't seem to delete it

Anyway--- waiting for admins on other site to approve request to join closed group so I can see pics

I mentioned the pics posted here and showed them to DH and he said that he often sees site/space room pics (architect) that lighting makes the space/flooring etc look really bad or distorted. 

Won't know til we see it in person. 

The pics posted are confusing as some look like old before shots with the old color scheme. I cannot imagine they maintained old scheme in one area and a different one in another room/floor.

Hope current pax post more here with reviews.