Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

What they have done to the Millie looks ok to me, after all you are only on board for a week or two, if it is cleaner, newer and fresher that's a bonus, you will be going home to your own taste abode at the end.

I am more concerned that there is enough money left for some decent entertainers on board, Celebrity have a reputation in general for having bland entertainment (if it was a colour it would be grey). It would be nice if they took a look at NCLs  programme of entertainment and revolutionized that accordingly.

I will be on the Millie in a few weeks and am looking forward to the cruise, i do try to enjoy every aspect of any cruise i have been on and Celebrity is one of my favourite lines.

Jazzman

Edited by jazzmanfive
spelling

Hello.

I was looking at the gym area - which seems to be smaller after the Revolution. Am also going to miss the big saunas with the port hole window in the men's changing room (presume the women's was identical).

Celebrity HO has told me the new, smaller changing rooms still each have a sauna in them - anyone able to confirm as it seems a tight fit, given the vastly reduced size.

Thanks

I LOVE that sauna room with the big port hole. There was always two port holes in the changing room...one in the sauna and one outside somehow...can't recall if the second port hole was in the rinse off shower area or just in the open space between the sauna door and that shower. Anyway, hopefully, the division to create two changing rooms on one side of the ship happened between those two port holes, so each changing room still has a port hole in the sauna.

18 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Strange, I was under the impression that Qsine would be fully replaced by Le Petit Chef on the post-Revolutionised ships but these recent Instagram posts clearly show the old Qsine dessert menu being served on the Millennium. 

Screenshot_20190211-210957__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-210939__01.jpg

I'm VERY interested to know what form Qsine is taking on the Revolutionalized M-Class ships. I have reservations for Qsine on Summit and I'd like to know which version of the restaurant I'll be visiting. Can anyone clear up this mystery? In the description of the Revolution, adding Le Petit Chef to ALL Qsine restaurants throughout the fleet was mentioned. Did that not happen??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, printingchick said:

I'm VERY interested to know what form Qsine is taking on the Revolutionalized M-Class ships. I have reservations for Qsine on Summit and I'd like to know which version of the restaurant I'll be visiting. Can anyone clear up this mystery? In the description of the Revolution, adding Le Petit Chef to ALL Qsine restaurants throughout the fleet was mentioned. Did that not happen??

They Cancelled plans for  Le Petit Chef on Millennium and Summit - not sure why. All other ships are expected to move to Le Petit Chef.

1 minute ago, jackaboo said:

They Cancelled plans for  Le Petit Chef on Millennium and Summit - not sure why. All other ships are expected to move to Le Petit Chef.

Thanks for the information! I'm a little disappointed, but I booked before I heard about Le Petit Chef, so I supposed nothing is really lost. (Although after watching the YouTube videos of Le Petit Chef, I was really hoping!!!) 

10 minutes ago, jackaboo said:

This is VERY interesting and a bit of a surprise.

Is this because the technology is pricey? 

How did you hear the LPC wasn't being installed?

Many said the experience was fine for 1 time yet not something the'd do again as the menu didn't offer enough variety.

We only ate in Qsine once in its original form.

The food was yummy-- yet for a couple to try different things --we ended up cancelling the last several dishes because we were full from the first few. The curries and middle eastern inspired dishes were our first choices and excellent

THIS was published here on CC late in Jan

"

Ship: Celebrity Summit

Dates: March 2019

Details: Celebrity will overhaul all the staterooms onboard Celebrity Summit, taking everything down to the steel and rebuilding with a new layout and design; rooms will also be outfitted with RFID locks, the line's high-speed Xcelerate Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Additionally, Summit will see its Main Dining Room redesigned with a lighter, airier decor; Michael's Club will be transformed into the Retreat Lounge, exclusively for the use of suite passengers; and a suites-only Retreat Sundeck will be added, as well. Other changes include: the addition of the Le Petit Chef experience at Qsine; Cellar Masters will be trasformed into a gastrobar; and the spa will be totally redesigned."

Edited by Fogfog

1 hour ago, printingchick said:

Booked on Summit 2020

We would return to Q sine..it was quirky, fun and had excellent food.. but we have no interest in LPC...just not a concept we  that we find entertaining

Also hope the Bistro in any form returns over the sushi place..We'd eat lunch there daily.

Edited by hcat

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Booked on Summit 2020

We would return to Q sine..it was quirky, fun and had excellent food.. but we have no interest in LPC...just not a concept we  that we find entertaining

Also hope the Bistro in any form returns over the sushi place..We'd eat lunch there daily.

I was on Silhouette in November, and went to LPC.  My expectations were low; but I enjoyed myself....

I find that Qsine, while nice, wastes too much food.  I have vowed to never return as long as their wastefulness continues.

MY opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

Great as we were planning to avoid it. Fixed menus do ot appeal to us. 

Not really fixed, but almost.  Two choices for each course, but only the main menu matches the show.

My wife and I enjoyed the LPC on the Silhouette and we would repeat it on a different cruise. (But never more than one time per cruise).  My wife had the Onion soup as an alternative, but otherwise we ordered the main show options.

On the Silhouette, they mentioned that they are considered the possibility of different/menu items on various  nights in the interest of variety.  And to encourage repeats.

But I am not surprised that Celebrity would be leary of implementing the LPC across the fleet as it must be a struggle to find customers.

My wife and I did not care for the standard Qsine offering nor were we overly impressed with the Silk Harvest.  

49 minutes ago, jackaboo said:

This is most welcome news!  we love QSINE and its quirkiness and fun!    Not a fan of a fixed menu (i.e., LPC), so very welcome news that QSINE will remain on 2 of the ships within the fleet.

4 hours ago, TheReeferman said:

Hello.

I was looking at the gym area - which seems to be smaller after the Revolution. Am also going to miss the big saunas with the port hole window in the men's changing room (presume the women's was identical).

Celebrity HO has told me the new, smaller changing rooms still each have a sauna in them - anyone able to confirm as it seems a tight fit, given the vastly reduced size.

Thanks

I too am disappointed by the removal of the sauna with the window. It was a great place to just wind down after a day of touring. Seems the almighty dollar has taken over customer amenity. I reAlly missed the complimentary sauna/steam room on Edge.

3 hours ago, printingchick said:

I understood that Le Petit Chef would just feature on a couple of nights on each each cruise in Qsine, and not be available every night.  When we were on Reflection last Feb, they were doing a trial retro-fit with the projectors in the ceiling, but hadn’t completed it for our cruise.

8 minutes ago, IanK said:

I understood that Le Petit Chef would just feature on a couple of nights on each each cruise in Qsine, and not be available every night.  When we were on Reflection last Feb, they were doing a trial retro-fit with the projectors in the ceiling, but hadn’t completed it for our cruise.

I was on Reflection last month and, sad to say, LPC was a nightly event in Qsine

We're sailing out on the Summit Mar 25th on the first sailing post drydock and was just looking at dining options and saw Qsine.  I thought it was a mistake. I just booked it so I guess it's staying

Edited by deb1eric

Please forgive me . I couldn't do all 35 pages so didn't see the answer to this post .

On 1/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, ghstudio said:

One concern I have is what is the new deck plan for the M-class ships (and I guess s-class as well).  How many cabins are being added (especially to blu), what public spaces are being added/removed? Do non suite guests get Michael's club back?  S-class...what do the new 1A cabins with the current larger slant balconies (our current preferred cabins) become?  If a deck 12 suite area is created, how will it impact the deck 11 A1's (M-class)...and are the getting a private pool?   I just don't have even a reasonable feel for what I am actually booking as a non-suite passenger.  We are booked on the Millenium post conversion, but it's fully refundable so we'll see what happens.

I know celebrity is focused on suite passengers, but if I'm willng to pay what Celebrity is asking for a suite, I can pretty much assure you it won't be on Celebrity. We are just frequent feeling unloved 1A (s-class)/C2 or A1 (m-class) passengers

So where did Celebrity find the room for 30 additional cabins and the addition of The Retreat for suite guests ? What was removed ?

Edited by richstowe

17 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Copied from elsewhere.

One of the brand new installed Aqua Class cabins on Millennium

Image may contain: indoor

Few more of the new AQ cabins on Millennium 
How much better is that deck furniture compared with that on Edge 

Image may contain: indoor

THANK YOU!!!  I’ve been waiting for pics like these - much appreciated!    we have a new AQ room booked on the refurbished Summit later this year and have been struggling to find great pics like this.

2 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Please forgive me . I couldn't do all 35 pages so didn't see the answer to this post .

So where did Celebrity find the room for 30 additional cabins and the addition of The Retreat for suite guests ? What was removed ?

They removed the Starboard Spa and Barbershop area and installed the AQ's there.    Others are scattered around the ship.   I know they removed the acupuncture office on Deck 6 with 3 inside cabins. 

13 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Deck 12 is where the Suite Retreat has been placed.  

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.38.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.39.01 PM.png