Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

If I'm not mistaken, Celebrity has been selling their mattress' for years.    Not sure if they are the same but they were described as eXhale.   Years ago they use to have a brochure about buying them.   

Every suite features plush furniture, eXhale™ bedding featuring our cashmere mattress

• Like 2

Those gigantic cocoon chairs in the MDR are unbelievable.   Imagine how difficult it will be for the servers to manage around them.   It seems to be another example of design by someone who has never been on a ship (or, in this case, in a restaurant) and certainly has never had to work on/in either.

However, lest we be deluded into thinking that this sort of absurd "form over function" psyche (psycho??!!) is exclusive to Celebrity, let me sincerely assure you that another cruise line, Regent Seven Seas, is also suffering through a similarly bizarre "upgrade", with such perplexing changes as a third of the cabin drawer storage being removed in order to allow for a "more minimalist" look to the cabins or the comfortable full-length sofas being replaced by love-seats flanked by two small useless end tables.

If it looks good on a mock-up, let's go with it, quite regardless of whether it makes any sense from the standpoint of passenger comfort or the ease of service on the part of the hard-working staff.

Edited by freddie
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, freddie said:

Those gigantic cocoon chairs in the MDR are unbelievable.   Imagine how difficult it will be for the servers to manage around them.   It seems to be another example of design by someone who has never been on a ship (or, in this case, in a restaurant) and certainly has never had to work on/in either.

However, lest we be deluded into thinking that this sort of absurd "form over function" psyche (psycho??!!) is exclusive to Celebrity, let me sincerely assure you that another cruise line, Regent Seven Seas, is also suffering through a similarly bizarre "upgrade", with such perplexing changes as a third of the cabin drawer storage being removed in order to allow for a "more minimalist" look to the cabins or the comfortable full-length sofas being replaced by love-seats flanked by two small useless end tables.

If it looks good on a mock-up, let's go with it, quite regardless of whether it makes any sense from the standpoint of passenger comfort or the ease of service on the part of the hard-working staff.

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

What is this (besides the obvious table and chairs)?  Am I beaming up?  Half a cocoon?

While they seem a little unwieldy. They probably aren't that difficult to move if you use two hands. I also think they are kind of neat. I wouldn't mind sitting there with my party, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, reecesavage said:

While they seem a little unwieldy. They probably aren't that difficult to move if you use two hands. I also think they are kind of neat. I wouldn't mind sitting there with my party, but that is just my opinion.

I'm wondering if they will help block the ambient noise from the dining room and allow you to hear the conversation from your tablemates better?  If so, I would gladly put up with the other worries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm wondering if they will help block the ambient noise from the dining room and allow you to hear the conversation from your tablemates better?  If so, I would gladly put up with the other worries.

That's true - they look pretty comfy - all grey and furry. I hope they people like them or they might end up in the Kelly Hoppen rocker warehouse... 😉

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, freddie said:

They are actually chairs we experienced years ago on Allure, either in 150 Central or their Italian restaurant, very comply and certainly nothing new.  Not sure why you think they won’t work.

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, freddie said:

No line of sight between the passengers and the server.  Someone talking with their hands, or making a sudden gesture, could send approaching food flying.

Also, might the armrest fabric be difficult to clean if people wipe their sticky hands on it?

0033FAAC-5029-465D-A0F6-B8B04608A016.jpeg

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

19 minutes ago, Oville said:

They are actually chairs we experienced years ago on Allure, either in 150 Central or their Italian restaurant, very comply and certainly nothing new.  Not sure why you think they won’t work.

Interesting.  These are at least easier for the server to approach from the side.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.34.00 PM.png

9 hours ago, hcat said:

Good question.

And if the additional  AQ class pax fill it up, won't this affect suite pax being able to dine there on a space available basis?   More staff definitely will be needed and not just front line..We found the kitchen on EDGE, while excellent, to be very backed up at times,  waited an hr for our entrees!  They also counted the useles outdoor tables when calculating table capacity.  Never saw anyone out there.

No outdoor tables for BLU on M class,,,

We sail in either a Suite or AQ; if AQ fills up BLU, I would definitely not be put out that there is no room for us, as Suite pax.
BLU was designed and meant for AQ pax, just as Luminae was designed and meant for Suite guests.  

We have certainly observed “busier” times in AQ than others and times where the restaurant was completely empty.  With the addition of potentially 26 more guests in BLU (13 cabins x 2 pax max) and the smaller size of BLU on M-Class than S-Class ships; pax will likely have to monitor the ebb/flow of peak/down times.  We figured this out while sailing last December.  As soon as a Theatre Show ended, BLU was filled to capacity with waiting times of up to 10/15 minutes.   IF we avoided that particular time, there were loads of seats available.   Timing it out may be key with the increase of AQ population on board.

What may be more affected is the small Persian Gardens on board.  Not only more AQ guests, but Celebrity also sells a limited number of passes to non-AQ guests; will they reduce or eliminate that?  and also, ELITE and above can use the Spa during a Port day; will that change?

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Oville said:

They were in 150 Central on Allure. But I believe they were only on the side tables, not throughout the restaurant.

P1100909.JPG

Edited by ecslady

7 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

No line of sight between the passengers and the server.  Someone talking with their hands, or making a sudden gesture, could send approaching food flying.

Also, might the armrest fabric be difficult to clean if people wipe their sticky hands on it?

0033FAAC-5029-465D-A0F6-B8B04608A016.jpeg

To be honest that fabric is really easy to clean. Anything wool related is the most difficult.

9 hours ago, freddie said:

You are reacting quite a bit from a picture of a few interesting MDR chairs.  They are not the main chair style in the MDR if you look at the other pictures. By your comments- have you worked on a ship?

15 hours ago, hcat said:

...We found the kitchen on EDGE, while excellent, to be very backed up at times,  waited an hr for our entrees!  They also counted the useles outdoor tables when calculating table capacity.  Never saw anyone out there.

No outdoor tables for BLU on M class,,,

We were on the EDGE with you, and a 1 hour wait for entrees was the short side. (It was 40 minutes for eggs in the AM too).  The kitchen does not have the capacity to handle the increased number of suites.  It was the only downside to the EDGE, and yes, the food itself was great and the ship is terrific.

We are booked on Millie for Jan 2020.

Rich

17 hours ago, pd7277 said:

What is this (besides the obvious table and chairs)?  Am I beaming up?  Half a cocoon?

Reminds me of the Daleks. Wonder if Kelly Hoppen's seen the show..? 😉

A96A6659-A98A-4202-8FB1-0D2F4DDEC0C8.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, vtcruising said:

Absolutely agree! We sail in the aft most of the time so need no convincing. We prefer to sail in 1138 or 1141 on M Class (in one of 5 Deck 11 aft AQ's) and corner aft S1's on S Class. We wanted the southern route for Alaska and none of the 5 aft AQ were available, though they were for the northern route. I went back and forth and finally went with a C1 aft for the southern route. If the reviews for the aft AQ look good despite losing the canopy below, I might head north instead and go with one of those (hate to miss out on Blu and the new spa). 🙂

This is from 1141 on the Summit (notice the canopy below):

image.thumb.png.edb8613a00ce433f463c05c3d312e327.png

No more canopy below. Now you can look right down on the outdoor cafe between the blades.

image.png.ee42eb815ff7dba58bee3d49ce2a5c7f.png

Edited by emileg

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That was my first thought. Let’s hope we’re right.