Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Millennium Revolution -

15 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Kelly Hoppen strikes me as a form over function person.  She wants it to look good, but doesn't care if it's functional.  Good design is also functional.  She flunks by that criteria.  

Agree with that...non cruiser and dorm room decor lover!

Read  in  a dr'rs ofc magazine( April Better Homes & Gardens ) an article  called " In Praise of Beige "   Perhaps it may be making a design comeback!

Edited by hcat

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Agree with that...non cruiser and dorm room decor lover!

Read  in  a dr'rs ofc magazine( April Better Homes & Gardens ) an article  about  beige    Perhaps it may be making a design comeback!

Grey and greige (gray/beige) were popular colors in 2018. Our new refrigerator has a grey interior. 😉

We were back and forth about a SS or a RS on Millennium next year.  After seeing the pictures of the SS I'm glad we decided to stay with the RS.  Even the pictures of the balcony cabins look better than the SS.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

48 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Grey and greige (gray/beige) were popular colors in 2018. Our new refrigerator has a grey interior. 😉

Whoever designed all those "shades of grey" should be blindfolded and handcuffed.  😂

It's not the colors that are putting me off but the furniture, or lack of functional furniture in the sky suite photos I saw.

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It's not the colors that are putting me off but the furniture, or lack of functional furniture in the sky suite photos I saw.

Exactly!  The colors are the least of the problems.  When they take cabins that were functional--sky suites had a walk-in closet and give you half a closet in exchange with maybe a couple of drawers, a desk you can't use, and GOK what else, it's time to jump ship.  The regular cabins look halfway civilized.  The suites look really bad.  I cringe to think of what they may be doing to the PH.  I already know they removed one closet for a bunch of useless shelves.  We have a B2B booked in 2020.  28 days with insufficient closet space is NOT happening.  Luckily we have a spy boarding the Summit yet this year who has promised to check it out.  He's familiar with what the PH used to be, so will know what has changed.

Sky Suite Stateroom Picture

I found this on CruiseDeckPlans for a SS bathroom. As previously mentioned, there is no shower curtain. Do you think there is anyway to attach/hang a cheap clear vinyl liner to avoid water all over the place?

Edited by shirazcruiser

They did the same thing for the Edge Sky Suites and there were many leaky showers (we needed 2 extra towels for each shower to place on floor prior to showering and they were saturated - this was in November on first cruises). They tried a partial enclosure like the one above, which didn't work, then added shower curtains, which worked for our January cruise, but others reported that they still leaked. Someone onboard last week said they finally put a full enclosure on the Sky Suite showers (or at least hers had one).

Edited by vtcruising

13 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I found this on CruiseDeckPlans for a SS bathroom. As previously mentioned, there is no shower curtain. Do you think there is anyway to attach/hang a cheap clear vinyl liner to avoid water all over the place?

It used to be an issue when the clotheslines were no longer part of the accoutement....now no shower enclosures???

Edited by MizDemeanor

26 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I am sure X will install a fix...eventually.

It could be just the angle but the tub looks like a high step up and over..not easy for everyone!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

It could be just the angle but the tub looks like a high step up and over..not easy for everyone!

No grab bar...

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

The M-Class Sky Suites always had a tub with a high step up and over.  It's too bad they didn't change those tubs out for either Roman Tubs or a walk-in shower.  And I don't see a grab bar anywhere either.  

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" as someone complained about but:

No way to keep the water in the tub. I'm on a cruise in a suite, why should I need to pack a shower curtain?

High tub which has been a problem in Celebrity Suites.

No grab bar.

Shower jell, shampoo and conditioner located low in the shower, which is ok if you are using the tub but who does that?

No where to hang your wash cloth.

No where for women to put their razor, except on the end of the tub. 

Etc, etc.

I'm not a designer but I have to say I designed a functional shower in our house.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I think that this is an early photo and there is some sort of water barrier, the idea is in jest. BUT, no grab bar is not. 

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Exactly!  The colors are the least of the problems.  When they take cabins that were functional--sky suites had a walk-in closet and give you half a closet in exchange with maybe a couple of drawers, a desk you can't use, and GOK what else, it's time to jump ship.  The regular cabins look halfway civilized.  The suites look really bad.  I cringe to think of what they may be doing to the PH.  I already know they removed one closet for a bunch of useless shelves.  We have a B2B booked in 2020.  28 days with insufficient closet space is NOT happening.  Luckily we have a spy boarding the Summit yet this year who has promised to check it out.  He's familiar with what the PH used to be, so will know what has changed.

Actually the Penthouse pics that have been posted so far look really good, and I think the Celebrity Suite looks pretty good as well - don't like the useless chair they put in the CS living room though and the balcony furniture is still questionable looking.  The Sky Suites look awful - so much so that I wouldn't even consider doing a last minute bid upgrade on one - I'd rather have a standard balcony cabin.  Family Verandahs look good.

4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

2 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

Actually the Penthouse pics that have been posted so far look really good, and I think the Celebrity Suite looks pretty good as well - don't like the useless chair they put in the CS living room though and the balcony furniture is still questionable looking.  The Sky Suites look awful - so much so that I wouldn't even consider doing a last minute bid upgrade on one - I'd rather have a standard balcony cabin.  Family Verandahs look good.

I am flabbergasted that after the experience we had on the EDGE , that Celebrity is doing these showers in SS in other ships. They do not work and all the people who had them had issues. For some reasons not all SS had  these showers. 

I cant believe they are continuing to do them. We were flooded every night and dreaded showering. 

My biggest fear was that they are going to ruin S class during their revolution. We love Celebrity but really  can’t believe they didn’t learn their lesson. Our only hope is that they can’t put the faux balconies.

Sorry,

a Debbie downer

4 minutes ago, Littlegov said:

I am flabbergasted that after the experience we had on the EDGE , that Celebrity is doing these showers in SS in other ships. They do not work and all the people who had them had issues. For some reasons not all SS had  these showers. 

I cant believe they are continuing to do them. We were flooded every night and dreaded showering. 

My biggest fear was that they are going to ruin S class during their revolution. We love Celebrity but really  can’t believe they didn’t learn their lesson. Our only hope is that they can’t put the faux balconies.

Sorry,

a Debbie downer

Ok....a time out to clarify what you really wanted to say....its late nite here on the east cost and maybe a do over....

Edited by MizDemeanor

On 1/11/2019 at 4:14 PM, ghstudio said:

One concern I have is what is the new deck plan for the M-class ships (and I guess s-class as well).  How many cabins are being added (especially to blu), what public spaces are being added/removed? Do non suite guests get Michael's club back?  S-class...what do the new 1A cabins with the current larger slant balconies (our current preferred cabins) become?  If a deck 12 suite area is created, how will it impact the deck 11 A1's (M-class)...and are the getting a private pool?   I just don't have even a reasonable feel for what I am actually booking as a non-suite passenger.  We are booked on the Millenium post conversion, but it's fully refundable so we'll see what happens.

I know celebrity is focused on suite passengers, but if I'm willng to pay what Celebrity is asking for a suite, I can pretty much assure you it won't be on Celebrity. We are just frequent feeling unloved 1A (s-class)/C2 or A1 (m-class) passengers

There are 13 new Aqua Class cabins on Deck 10, taking much space for the spa and gym.  I don't really care about the spa but the lost space in the gym makes a big difference to me.  The aerobic/spin studio is very small.  We were told by a crew member that 55 cabins in all were added.  Michael's Club is gone, replaced by the Retreat Lounge for suite guests.  Forgive me if this information has already be shared on this thread.  I have just started reading through it.

We had that fold out half shower door in our CS on Edge in January.  Yes it leaked and we used a lot of towels to mop the floor after a shower.  I am very surprised that Celebrity did not fix the high tubs in the Millennium suites.  It has been an issue for years!

The new shower partial 'wall' is similar to one we had in a hotel in Rome....we actually just assumed it was a European thing. We had no issues with water splashing/leaking anywhere on walls or floors. That barrier simply looks too short. From the picture, it only looks to go about 1/4 way down the tub. The one in Italy was 1/3 or maybe even 1/2. 

While I can appreciate it looks like they(X) might be trying to bring different things from around the world, they seem to have come up short with this one...literally. I would have no issue with this style, provided it actually kept the water in the tub. IMO, it looks better and is easier to clean. It just needs to be a little longer.

1 hour ago, jmfdr said:

Michael's Club is gone, replaced by the Retreat Lounge for suite guests.  Forgive me if this information has already be shared on this thread.  I have just started reading through it.

Actually, Michael's Club is not gone, just renamed. Thet have also added the Retreat Sun Deck on deck 12 for suite guests.

Edited by sippican

Sorry...I've been pouring through the pages here and haven't found what I'm looking for. Did they keep the heated T pool or convert it to a regular pool?

3 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Sorry...I've been pouring through the pages here and haven't found what I'm looking for. Did they keep the heated T pool or convert it to a regular pool?

What is a "T pool"? And where was it?

The new CS decor amazes me. There used to be a large sofa with its back against the wall, orienting your view outward towards the expansive curved windows. The TV in a cabinet across the room. Now, the sofa is in the middle of the room with is back to the view...facing a wall mounted television feet away. You’re on a cruise...and the TV has importance over the view. Celebrity TV programming must have really improved.