Cruise Critic Community

Hi Everyone:  have not been on Carnival before.  I have a couple of questions.     Are there any perks that come with a Vista suite?  We are Diamond +on RCCL and we get certain perks. Just wondering if there are any ad-ons if you are in a suite.  Also any info. About Carnival Pride would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I have three Pride reviews in my signature, the latest being this past October.

Hi Jamman54:  thank you so much for that Oct. 2018 review of The Pride.

my husband & I have only been on the Legend about 10 or 12 yrs. ago.

We have been on the RCL Grandeur so many times that we thought we would try

something different. I hate flying!!!  Could you please tell me if you are allowed to bring wine or alcohol on board. RCL allows 2 bottles of wine.  Is their drink package worth it? Is it premium alcohol like Grey Goose or even Tito's?  Where is Sumerset? Is it near A.C.  We go to the Borgata at least once a month.  Again Thanks.  PS: Patti's pictures are great.

Hi Aftermidnight.

Carnival allows one bottle of wine per adult carried on. Some people think the drink package is worth it - it depends on how much you drink. Actually there are two drink packages - one for sodas and one for alcohol. 

5 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

Hi Everyone: have not been on Carnival before. I have a couple of questions. Are there any perks that come with a Vista suite? We are Diamond +on RCCL and we get certain perks. Just wondering if there are any ad-ons if you are in a suite. Also any info. About Carnival Pride would be appreciated. Thanks!

According to the Carnival website,  "Since your suite gives you VIP status, you’re the priority when it comes to getting on and off the ship. Plus, you’ll receive a ton of exclusive amenities making this the ultimate way to cruise." https://www.carnival.com/staterooms.aspx

2 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

Hi Jamman54:  thank you so much for that Oct. 2018 review of The Pride.

my husband & I have only been on the Legend about 10 or 12 yrs. ago.

We have been on the RCL Grandeur so many times that we thought we would try

something different. I hate flying!!!  Could you please tell me if you are allowed to bring wine or alcohol on board. RCL allows 2 bottles of wine.  Is their drink package worth it? Is it premium alcohol like Grey Goose or even Tito's?  Where is Sumerset? Is it near A.C.  We go to the Borgata at least once a month.  Again Thanks.  PS: Patti's pictures are great.

You can bring one bottle of wine per person. Must be in your checked bag. No alcohol can be brought on board other than that, although you can order online ahead of time to be delivered to your stateroom. 

I think the drink package is worth it. If you try to break down the price per drink, maybe not. But for us it's worth it just to not worry about the cost, and to be able to try whatever we want. You can get premium alcohol. Any drink up to $15 (I believe...)

We love the pride! Went in 2017 and going again this memorial day. 

11 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

Hi Everyone:  have not been on Carnival before.  I have a couple of questions.     Are there any perks that come with a Vista suite?  We are Diamond +on RCCL and we get certain perks. Just wondering if there are any ad-ons if you are in a suite.  Also any info. About Carnival Pride would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Although older the Pride is my favorite ship that I've been on. I think it has the best layout. You should get priority boarding since you're in a suite. There are some more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. For the alcohol package. It covers all alcohol up to $20/ per glass. if you average 5-6 premium drinks per day or 7-8 beers you'll break even. so you'll be fine with the premium. as others have stated you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne per person in your carryon.

here is a link to their cheers package FAQ's 

https://www.carnival.com/help#section-1

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I have three Pride reviews in my signature, the latest being this past October.

I just read your review of your Bermuda cruise on the Pride from November and enjoyed it very much! I hope your hip surgery was a great success and you will be in tip top shape for your upcoming anniversary cruise. Thanks for sharing so much about your vacation. We'll be on the Pride in August. 🙂

3 minutes ago, bbtbear said:

I just read your review of your Bermuda cruise on the Pride from November and enjoyed it very much! I hope your hip surgery was a great success and you will be in tip top shape for your upcoming anniversary cruise. Thanks for sharing so much about your vacation. We'll be on the Pride in August. 🙂

Thanks for reading. My hip surgery was a success and I'm ready to go. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride. :classic_cool:

OP, the above posters have given you great information. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride and your Vista Suite! :classic_biggrin:

11 hours ago, mmbaldwin said:

You can bring one bottle of wine per person. Must be in your checked bag. No alcohol can be brought on board other than that, although you can order online ahead of time to be delivered to your stateroom. 

I think the drink package is worth it. If you try to break down the price per drink, maybe not. But for us it's worth it just to not worry about the cost, and to be able to try whatever we want. You can get premium alcohol. Any drink up to $15 (I believe...)

We love the pride! Went in 2017 and going again this memorial day. 

Actually the wine must be in carryon, if in checked bag it will be removed and confiscated.   

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading. My hip surgery was a success and I'm ready to go. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride. :classic_cool:

OP, the above posters have given you great information. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride and your Vista Suite! :classic_biggrin:

Hey Jeff, did not know your had a hip replacement, glad to hear things are better.

18 hours ago, aftermidnight said:

Sailed on the Pride 5 times (both coasts and 4 different home ports).  Great ship and a fantastic crew, she has among the highest client repeat rate in the industry.