Cruise Critic Community
cntrydncr1

12 voucher package gripe

I'm afraid I'm typically an inside cabin person since I prefer to keep the cost as low as possible.  If sailing in insides mean I can sail 3 times a year vs fewer cruises in a balcony, I'm going inside.  I do love those nice, dark inside cabins and sleep so well!

I also realize that the insides on Armonia are small but I spend very little time in the cabin.  And haven't been terribly impressed with the anytime dining on other ships on other lines.  I just really prefer a set dining time.

But thanks for that info.  I had mostly looked at Fantastica just for the cabin location.

I was wondering about this too. I've been waiting for March in hopes that a new promo for European sailings opens for the US. Wanting to book for November but planning to just hold off and see as it's not prime Med cruising time anyways. I definitely would keep bugging them as it seems wrong. The 12 vouchers are still listed on the website too for new bookings and just says until the last winter sailing with no even reference to what year. If you're just looking at MSC for the first time for all you know that's winter next year!

We have been told that since we booked prior to any package changes and before they planned to end the vouchers that they would be honored or we should "pitch a fit" with customer service on the ship.  I don't think we should have to do that but time will tell I guess.  I have had no response from the email I sent them but my niece spoke to her MSC person and this is what she was told.

9 hours ago, cntrydncr1 said:

We have been told that since we booked prior to any package changes and before they planned to end the vouchers that they would be honored or we should "pitch a fit" with customer service on the ship.  I don't think we should have to do that but time will tell I guess.  I have had no response from the email I sent them but my niece spoke to her MSC person and this is what she was told.

Your the only other person that I've come across since I've been watching this since November, that has said they've been told the vouchers would be honored for pre August bookings.

Your right, we should not have to freak out at the ships GS, especially as they are notorious for refusing to deal with what they regard as shore customer service issues.