Cruise Critic Community
singinalot

Greek isles reviews

Sitting here on a Friday night drinking my wine, dreaming about Santorini and doing way too much googling and trip advisering so ok let’s here it...

post the links or titles of some of your fav Greek isles reviews new or old so I have some new reading material 😀

I know this is off topic but....

I'm doing Windstar Greek Isles in Aug.

148 passengers on a sailboat.

When we were in Santorini, Dimitra was an excellent guide - http://santoriniguidedtours.com/

Also, when in Mykonos, try to take an excursion to Delos if you can. It's beautiful and very well preserved.

Edited by jv_nyc

I am planning a Greek Isles cruise in 2021 & have already read some good reviews here, don't have the links though. Also youtube is full of good stuff.

ETA: Just looked at your signature & your review was one of the best. Happy honeymoon planning!

Edited by Jax129

1 hour ago, Jax129 said:

I am planning a Greek Isles cruise in 2021 & have already read some good reviews here, don't have the links though. Also youtube is full of good stuff.

ETA: Just looked at your signature & your review was one of the best. Happy honeymoon planning!

Thank you so much! Can’t wait to do it all again. Lol. Wishing I were on vacation right now so needing to relive the memories

So glad you started this thread.  We're booked for September 2020 (partly because of your review :classic_biggrin:).  Will give me some good reading and research material.  

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So glad you started this thread.  We're booked for September 2020 (partly because of your review :classic_biggrin:).  Will give me some good reading and research material.  

Thats so awesome!!! Which ship?

theres a couple good reviews I can remember from this past summer philndebbieatsea (I think that’s her screen name) is a good one 

Here is my brief review of my cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik, Kotor, Santorini, and Katakolon on Rhapsody. Make sure to scroll past the first post, as I have port info and photos in the following posts. 

Just now, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Here is my brief review of my cruise from Venice to Dubrovnik, Kotor, Santorini, and Katakolon on Rhapsody. Make sure to scroll past the first post, as I have port info and photos in the following posts. 

Awesome! Going to check it out now

On 1/12/2019 at 3:28 AM, singinalot said:

Sitting here on a Friday night drinking my wine, dreaming about Santorini and doing way too much googling and trip advisering so ok let’s here it...

post the links or titles of some of your fav Greek isles reviews new or old so I have some new reading material 😀

Went to Santorini in October. Wanted to see the archaeological excavation Akrotiri. Took a public bus for 2 Euro. Paid 12 euro to se the museum. Took a public bus back. Enjoyed it very much.

Oh - and we walked down the 588 steps. No need for a visit to the gym that day.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, singinalot said:

Sitting here on a Friday night drinking my wine, dreaming about Santorini...

Ha! Dreaming about going back already?? 

Hmmmm .... would be one hell of an anniversary gift for you 😁💍

5 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Ha! Dreaming about going back already?? 

Hmmmm .... would be one hell of an anniversary gift for you 😁💍

🤣 we actually are going back! 10/3/19. We booked it probably a week or two after we came home. I emailed Maurizio immediately to let him know we’d need him again.  Almost the same itinerary with the exception of Rhodes and Crete. 😊😊😊 we’ll then come home and get married 3 weeks later...picked the wedding date after we already had this booked. 

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

🤣 we actually are going back! 10/3/19. We booked it probably a week or two after we came home. I emailed Maurizio immediately to let him know we’d need him again.  Almost the same itinerary with the exception of Rhodes and Crete. 😊😊😊 we’ll then come home and get married 3 weeks later...picked the wedding date after we already had this booked. 

Holy Cow Batman!!!

Mega congrats to you and hubby. 👍👏🏻

You’ll find some time for another photo review, yes? 😁

Say hi to Maurizio if he remembers me

... prob not....just mentione the flooding when we disembarked and the chaos at the pier and then he might remember lol!

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Remind me again ....Is Maurizio the person you used with Cabs 4 Rome?  We are now starting to look at our transfers in Rome...

- From airport to airbnb. 

- From Airbnb to cruise port. 

-  From cruise port to airport.

We really like the idea of using someone who got a high review and a re-book for your next trip. 

Just now, tcmagnum said:

Remind me again ....Is Maurizio the person you used with Cabs 4 Rome?  We are now starting to look at our transfers in Rome...

- From airport to airbnb. 

- From Airbnb to cruise port. 

-  From cruise port to airport.

We really like the idea of using someone who got a high review and a re-book for your next trip. 

He is 😀 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, singinalot said:

Thats so awesome!!! Which ship?

theres a couple good reviews I can remember from this past summer philndebbieatsea (I think that’s her screen name) is a good one 

Explorer.  Currently focused on our ABC island cruise in May then it's all about the Greek Isles.  We'll likely put a week or two of land stuff in Italy either before or after the cruise so I have lots of research to do.  :classic_biggrin: