LUGGAGE TAGS

Hey @FionaLouise, my wife and I chose cruising as our form of vacation when we first got married. We love it!

The luggage tags will most likely be emailed to you from Royal Caribbean. It'll be in your Guest Ticket Booklet, and that gets emailed to you somewhere around the 45-day mark. For reference, we received our book through email on December 1, and we're sailing on January 19.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

hi guys, 

we have completed our online check in and wondering how and when we receive our luggage tags?

Thanks in advance, first time sailing haha.

When your eDocs become available, approximately 45 days prior to your sail date you can print your luggage tags then from your eDocs. RC does not mail out luggage tags. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bh88 said:

Hey @FionaLouise, my wife and I chose cruising as our form of vacation when we first got married. We love it!

The luggage tags will most likely be emailed to you from Royal Caribbean. It'll be in your Guest Ticket Booklet, and that gets emailed to you somewhere around the 45-day mark. For reference, we received our book through email on December 1, and we're sailing on January 19.

Ohh thank you so much very helpful..

I have big expectations watching all the videos it looks incredible!! 

Fiona 

6 minutes ago, bh88 said:

You will need to print your luggage tags from your eDocs. RC doesn't mail luggage tags. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When you're eDocs will be available, approximately 45 days prior to your sail date you can print your luggage tags then from your eDocs. RC does not mail out luggage tags. 

Perfect thank you so much!!! Was starting to worry!!

5 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

I like to be as prepared as possible heard that the check in process isn't very fun haha

Its not bad at all, but be prepared for really long lines (unless you're in a suite or have status with Crown & Anchor so you can bypass the normal lines).  Most of your check-in stuff is completed online.  

20 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

Perfect thank you so much!!! Was starting to worry!!

You're welcome. Don't put your luggage tags on your luggage for the flight. Wait until you are getting ready to head over to the embarkation port. Enjoy your first cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

You're welcome. Don't put your luggage tags on your luggage for the flight. Wait until you are getting ready to head over to the embarkation port. Enjoy your first cruise. 

Thanks that's good to note, we will pack them ready for when we go over from miami. Do you recommend to use UBER? as the taxi's I have contacted see to be very expensive.

1 minute ago, FionaLouise said:

Thanks that's good to note, we will pack them ready for when we go over from miami. Do you recommend to use UBER? as the taxi's I have contacted see to be very expensive.

Miami is such a mess.  Never had as much stress traveling as I have with MIA and the Port of Miami.  

We used the shuttle from the hotel  ($10 per person).  Leaving the port after disembarkation was nothing short of a nightmare.  Be ready for plenty of pushy, rude, entitled pax all trying to get into packed shuttles (unless you wait to disembark at the very last possible minute from the ship when most of the departures have cleared from the curb outside the terminal).  We ended up ditching the rental car company shuttle idea after 3 were completely full.  We had to split into 2 Lyfts, so I took my elderly in-laws in the first one (no problems, super easy and only cost about $11).  Husband and our 3 sons waited for a second lyft but it didn't work out because one of his lyfts cancelled due to a dead battery and the other one made him cancel (so they'd still get paid--scammers!) due to a flat tire.  I ended up bringing the rental around to pick them up at around 10am, it was still busy but nowhere near as terrible as it was at 8-9am.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, midwife1021 said:

Miami is such a mess.  Never had as much stress traveling as I have with MIA and the Port of Miami.  

We used the shuttle from the hotel  ($10 per person).  Leaving the port after disembarkation was nothing short of a nightmare.  Be ready for plenty of pushy, rude, entitled pax all trying to get into packed shuttles (unless you wait to disembark at the very last possible minute from the ship when most of the departures have cleared from the curb outside the terminal).  We ended up ditching the rental car company shuttle idea after 3 were completely full.  We had to split into 2 Lyfts, so I took my elderly in-laws in the first one (no problems, super easy and only cost about $11).  Husband and our 3 sons waited for a second lyft but it didn't work out because one of his lyfts cancelled due to a dead battery and the other one made him cancel (so they'd still get paid--scammers!) due to a flat tire.  I ended up bringing the rental around to pick them up at around 10am, it was still busy but nowhere near as terrible as it was at 8-9am.  

We are only staying in miami one night pre cruise and one night after cruise because we have never been before! SUPER EXCITED. But are departure port is actually in fort lauderdale but we didn't want to stay there. Heard its about a 40 min to one hour journey from miami to fort lauderdale. 

You can get plastic luggage tag covers for your cruise specific tags on amazon (search cruise luggage tags for RCCL), that way they are protected from rain, and ripping off, or cover them in clear packing tape before you affix them to your bags, and put them on your carry ons as well, less chance of loosing them!

• Like 2

Fort Lauderdale is a nice port!  I feel like it is FAR better organized.  There are plenty of shuttle services that offer transport to Fort Lauderdale from Miami.  I probably wouldn't use Uber or Lyft for that long of a trip, though.  I'll dig around to see who we used.  We had a great experience with shuttle from Miami to Ft Lauderdale's port--I think we paid $60 each way for a group of 7.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, midwife1021 said:

Fort Lauderdale is a nice port!  I feel like it is FAR better organized.  There are plenty of shuttle services that offer transport to Fort Lauderdale from Miami.  I probably wouldn't use Uber or Lyft for that long of a trip, though.  I'll dig around to see who we used.  We had a great experience with shuttle from Miami to Ft Lauderdale's port--I think we paid $60 each way for a group of 7.

Yeah with Uber its coming in around $40 as there is only two of us. Sadly not many to split the price with haha. We used Uber a lot when we went to disney world in florida and had no troubles but for the last 3 years I decided to rent a car, which was very ODD driving on the wrong side of the road HAHAH. I had a few incidents but got very used to it easy! 

I guess we were very lucky with our first trip to Miami and Port Miami in November.

After we landed for some reason my Uber app didn’t work so we hopped in a taxi to the hotel...driver could not have been nicer!  The next morning we took the Hampton Inn Brickell Shuttle to the port and again that driver was right on time and got us to the port just fine.

After the cruise we did self assist and walked right out of the terminal and got right into a cab.  Again...driver and cab were both fine and we arrived at the Miami airport in nothing flat!

We may change our opinion in the future, but as of right now I wouldn’t hesitate sailing or flying out of Miami again...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

I guess we were very lucky with our first trip to Miami and Port Miami in November.

After we landed for some reason my Uber app didn’t work so we hopped in a taxi to the hotel...driver could not have been nicer!  The next morning we took the Hampton Inn Brickell Shuttle to the port and again that driver was right on time and got us to the port just fine.

After the cruise we did self assist and walked right out of the terminal and got right into a cab.  Again...driver and cab were both fine and we arrived at the Miami airport in nothing flat!

We may change our opinion in the future, but as of right now I wouldn’t hesitate sailing or flying out of Miami again...

Glad to hear it was a good experience for you. Also nice to hear you were thinking of using UBER, puts my mind at rest.

Just now, FionaLouise said:

Glad to hear it was a good experience for you. Also nice to hear you were thinking of using UBER, puts my mind at rest.

We would have definitely used Uber (as often suggested here) but for some reason it rejected my credit card.  Crazy thing is there was nothing on the card and I used it with no problem that evening for dinner.  Rather than standing at the curb trying to get the Uber app to work we just jumped into a cab.  

We never did get get the app to work, so we have now downloaded and used the Lyft app with no problems.  A lot of the same drivers work for both Uber and Lyft.

I would not hesitate to use Uber or Lyft in Miami!!  Have a wonderful cruise!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

We would have definitely used Uber (as often suggested here) but for some reason it rejected my credit card.  Crazy thing is there was nothing on the card and I used it with no problem that evening for dinner.  Rather than standing at the curb trying to get the Uber app to work we just jumped into a cab.  

We never did get get the app to work, so we have now downloaded and used the Lyft app with no problems.  A lot of the same drivers work for both Uber and Lyft.

I would not hesitate to use Uber or Lyft in Miami!!  Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thanks hun you have been a great help!!

54 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

Yeah with Uber its coming in around $40 as there is only two of us. Sadly not many to split the price with haha. We used Uber a lot when we went to disney world in florida and had no troubles but for the last 3 years I decided to rent a car, which was very ODD driving on the wrong side of the road HAHAH. I had a few incidents but got very used to it easy! 

That's not a bad price for Uber. I'd also recommend Uber. A shared shuttle will cost you $30.00 for the two of you. Agree, don't rent a car. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's not a bad price for Uber. I'd also recommend Uber. A shared shuttle will cost you $30.00 for the two of you. Agree, don't rent a car. :classic_wink:

What is a shared shuttle, is that like a shared taxi with other people? How would we sort one of these out?

sorry for all the questions!!

23 minutes ago, FionaLouise said:

but What is a shared shuttle, is that like a shared taxi with other people? How would we sort one of these out?

sorry for all the questions!!

Yes, you would be sharing a van with others. SAS transportation is a company we've used in the past with no issues. March/April 2018 we used SAS again to go from Fort Lauderdale Hotel to the POM and from the POM back to the Fort Lauderdale airport. But due to a real bad experience on the return trip (that was all their mix up) we'll never use them again. I use to highly recommend them. So one bad experience out of three excellent ones.  I'm reluctant to provide you with their website but will and let you decide for yourself.  https://www.ridesas.com/

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1