Sign in to follow this  
PittsburghNative

Flight is leaving very late out of Vancouver...what should I do until then?

I have a little dilemma. My flight home is leaving at 11pm the day I get off my cruise. There are earlier options, but it would make my airline ticket $$$$$. I know cruises have excursions for the last day to explore the city and they will store your luggage. Is there a better alternative?

Remember that flying out of Canada into the United States is an international flight. The three hour rule applies. You will have to wait in two our three, possibly long lines to get to the boarding area. The first line, after you drop off your luggage is for them to check your passport and boarding pass. The second line is to go through security, and the third line is for US Customs. It is at least 30 minutes to get from the dock to the airport. Plan your time accordingly.

5 hours ago, jakers said:

Remember that flying out of Canada into the United States is an international flight. The three hour rule applies. You will have to wait in two our three, possibly long lines to get to the boarding area. The first line, after you drop off your luggage is for them to check your passport and boarding pass. The second line is to go through security, and the third line is for US Customs. It is at least 30 minutes to get from the dock to the airport. Plan your time accordingly.

Oh I know we’ll need to arrive at the airport several hours beforehand. I did google “post cruise tours” and found several companies that will hold your luggage, provide a tour that is 2-8 hours long, and transfer you to the airport.