*ms N Amsterdam, N Statendam & Koningsdam, Rotterdam & Eurodam Sail a Ways Jan. 13th

kazu

I’d be happy to trade you winters [emoji6] 

It’s dropping back to -30 Celsius tonight.  I think that’s around -14 F (my conversions aren’t the best anymore [emoji6] )
With wind chill or regular temperature? Either way, that's brutal.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’d be happy to trade you winters 😉 

It’s dropping back to -30 Celsius tonight.  I think that’s around -14 F (my conversions aren’t the best anymore 😉 )

Ouch!  That is cold!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

It’s dropping back to -30 Celsius tonight.  I think that’s around -14 F (my conversions aren’t the best anymore 😉 )

No no, it's all good. When it gets cold enough to produce anything remotely like ice or snow, this whole city grinds to a halt and all milk and bread magically disappear from all grocery shelves. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Glad I'm here.  This morning I had an email from my home church that it was closed due to snow.  I was probably one of very few people from my congregation at a live worship service today.

Roy

Just now, POA1 said:
3 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’d be happy to trade you winters emoji6.png 

It’s dropping back to -30 Celsius tonight.  I think that’s around -14 F (my conversions aren’t the best anymore emoji6.png )

With wind chill or regular temperature? Either way, that's brutal.

With windchill.  Without wind chill it’s around  -18 Celsius.

It was so cold yesterday I didn’t dare risk walking the dogs.  They have coats but noses, ears, etc. All freeze fast.

It’s pretty bad when they don’t get a walk 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

No no, it's all good. When it gets cold enough to produce anything remotely like ice or snow, this whole city grinds to a halt and all milk and bread magically disappear from all grocery shelves. :classic_biggrin:

LOL - when we are getting a Nor ‘Easter, we don’t grind to a halt but the whole world heads to the grocery stores.  I hear you on the disappearance.

The first thing to go here is water (in case of power outages) as well as bread 😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Glad I'm here.  This morning I had an email from my home church that it was closed due to snow.  I was probably one of very few people from my congregation at a live worship service today.

Roy

Bad storms up your way Roy.  We’re hoping that the cold pushes the projected Nor ‘Easter out into the Atlantic.

We’ll know better by Tuesday.  It’s supposed to build to really massive proportions so the Atlantic is a great place for it.  Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

LOL - when we are getting a Nor ‘Easter, we don’t grind to a halt but the whole world heads to the grocery stores.  I hear you on the disappearance.

The first thing to go here is water (in case of power outages) as well as bread 😉 

Priorities, people.  During the blizzard of '78 when the Governor shut us down, we stopped at the grocery to make sure we had wine to outlast the blizzard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With windchill.  Without wind chill it’s around  -18 Celsius.

It was so cold yesterday I didn’t dare risk walking the dogs.  They have coats but noses, ears, etc. All freeze fast.

It’s pretty bad when they don’t get a walk [emoji6] 
Our labs hated it when it was so cold that their pads froze to the ground. They'd just stand in the middle of our meadow like they were stuck. We'd have to go out and blow on their feet so they'd feel "unstuck." I don't miss those days when it looks nice and sunny but your nostrils freeze shut when you breathe in.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Priorities, people.  During the blizzard of '78 when the Governor shut us down, we stopped at the grocery to make sure we had wine to outlast the blizzard.

For me it would be dog food and coffee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lka1012 said:

One thing I don’t worry about.  In the winter, I keep an extra month’s supply of dog food and a ton of coffee beans so we don’t need to worry.

We just worry about perishables and heat (power).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lka1012 said:

On Christmas Eve, I made a stop at Jewel for coffee pods.

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

I wasn't born yet. but the '79 blizzard I was about 6 months old