Cruise Critic Community
cruiserillinois

FoldoWheel vs. EZ Cruiser vs. ???-First time cruising as an amputee

Hi-

I need some help! I want to buy a power chair, primarily to use when we travel. Using my manual wheelchair was really tough in Disneyworld in 2017 - even with hubby pushing! May is my first cruise as an amputee and I want to be better prepared. It's also my first time on a plane as an amputee, so the chair will be used in the airport.

Apparently, there is no place to go to try out the different chairs, so I would appreciate input as to your favorites, pros and cons, etc. Price is not (much of) a concern - I need my freedom! And my husband needs relief from loading the heavier manual chair in and out of the Jeep. Any info on chairs and planes would be helpful!  Thanks in advance for your help!

Love my airwheel.

Also my chair that has the same wheels as a manual chair, great if battery goes flat on a big day, even though mine needs replacing.

71DBB818-C12A-477D-90C7-1D72DED4AD03.jpeg

Have you looked at the fold-n-go? It looks interesting to me. I use a travelscoot scooter and have been very pleased with it but if (when) I need to go to a wheelchair I will be looking very closely at the fold-n-go as it is both lightweight and heavy duty.