S by S

mworkman

You will have plenty of time. 

Eat breakfast, off Indy, grab luggage and then schlep back to the Serenade for check-in. There will be a bit of a wait. Since both ships are Royals you should be at the same terminal and will not need a taxi. Just a walk off and back into the terminal for reboarding. 

I have done this in the past and my TA suggested I wait as long as possible in a nice out of the way place on ship #1 before exiting. That way I would be able to grab luggage and then go into the terminal right away for the 2nd ship boarding. It worked perfectly. I was allowed in at 11 and on the ship at 11:30. Another suggestion my TA made was to be sure I exchanged my luggage tags for the last group off the ship. That was a quick and easy swap at guest services. You will have a fabulous time. I just looked at the itineraries and I am jealous as I approach my 9-night Grandeur. But went to sleep to snow, woke to more snow and weather forecast calls for it all day long with return Fri-Sun later in the week. So ANY cruise looks great to me right about now!

Edited by sandy toes
to add something

15 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

You will have plenty of time. 

Eat breakfast, off Indy, grab luggage and then schlep back to the Serenade for check-in. There will be a bit of a wait. Since both ships are Royals you should be at the same terminal and will not need a taxi. Just a walk off and back into the terminal for reboarding. 

I have done this in the past and my TA suggested I wait as long as possible in a nice out of the way place on ship #1 before exiting. That way I would be able to grab luggage and then go into the terminal right away for the 2nd ship boarding. It worked perfectly. I was allowed in at 11 and on the ship at 11:30. Another suggestion my TA made was to be sure I exchanged my luggage tags for the last group off the ship. That was a quick and easy swap at guest services. You will have a fabulous time. I just looked at the itineraries and I am jealous as I approach my 9-night Grandeur. But went to sleep to snow, woke to more snow and weather forecast calls for it all day long with return Fri-Sun later in the week. So ANY cruise looks great to me right about now!

You won’t be at the same terminal and in some cases the terminals are quite far apart and cannot be walked.  It is only one ship per terminal, Royal has several terminals.

Edited by Ourusualbeach