Cruise Critic Community
shellster1

Has anyone done the "salsa" excursion in Cabo?

Looks like fun, but it's only 3 hours and $100pp. The thing is, it has great reviews on Carnival's site. Just thought I see if anyone has done it and can offer input. (My son is really into creating things and cooking.) Thanks in advance!

This one is on my list. I couldn't convince my family to join me so it's on my bucket list for my eventual trip back to Cabo (after this one coming in March which we'll be whale watching, not cooking).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d2180486-Reviews-Casa_de_Colores_School_of_Traditional_Mexican_Cooking-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Ba.html

I spoke with Donna, the owner, and from all my reading she runs a great class.

We did the Salsa & Salsa excursion thru Carnival several years ago and LOVED it!    We did it in Cabo and then in another port (which escapes me now)  as well on our next cruise.   We are thinking we might do it again in January 2020 when we are back in Cabo.  

The Chefs are great, they make it fun and informative.  Well worth the money.   Go and enjoy! 

We did it years ago and had a BLAST!!!!  Came back with great recipes and lots of great memories.

Highly recommend!

I do the Mex Riv cruises frequently.  I love to cook, and my wife asked me if I wanted to take this class.  Before saying "yes" to my darling wife, I was reading the reviews carefully because I am a very picky eater, with religious prohibitions that Mexican cooking can implicate (shell fish, pork), so I wanted to see what dishes we'd be preparing.  Then I stumbled across two "no handwashing" comments in the reviews. 

I decided I'll improve my Mexican cooking at a local community college extension course!

Mike, there a kosher place in Cabo right across from Whale Watch Cabo tours’ office. Check out their google reviews. Looked good from what I read. 

Yup, I took a huge leap here. Hope I didn’t offend. That’s not my intention. 

CA, no offense taken!  Shell fish and pork prohibition sounds like either kosher or halal to me as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Did it in Cozumel 

one of the best excursions ever Fun Fun