Cruise Critic Community
briehon

Show reservations for suite perks

So I recently got a list of suite perks in Sky Class on Ovation of the Seas. The perks listed as Priority Reservations and Priority Theatre Seats. So how does this work? Once reservations for shows on our cruise become available, I don’t need reservations? I can just wait until boarding and book via the concierge?

Assuming Ovation is the same as Oasis - you don't need reservations, just arrive 25 minutes or so before show time and there is a dedicated area blocked off for suite guests.  

On oasis you still needed reservations for comedy club all others have reserved seats for suites.

19 minutes ago, George C said:

On oasis you still needed reservations for comedy club all others have reserved seats for suites.

But the comedy clubs are only on Oasis class ships, not Quantum class ships.

Thanks, that’s a pretty cool perk. Are the seats pretty decent? I mean I would imagine they are given they are a dedicated area, but ya never know.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, joyful1nh said:

Assuming Ovation is the same as Oasis - you don't need reservations, just arrive 25 minutes or so before show time and there is a dedicated area blocked off for suite guests.  

So we can attend the early or late show without any reservations at all?  Just show up?

2 minutes ago, rain777 said:

So we can attend the early or late show without any reservations at all?  Just show up?

Correct.

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct.

Thank you!  Good to know as I tried making show reservations in my planner and only very late times were available for some of the shows, which will not work for us.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:49 AM, briehon said:

Thanks, that’s a pretty cool perk. Are the seats pretty decent? I mean I would imagine they are given they are a dedicated area, but ya never know.

On Harmony in November, and the suite seats are in the balcony, center.  We sat there only once as I did not care for the view.

2 hours ago, JBoshears said:

On Harmony in November, and the suite seats are in the balcony, center.  We sat there only once as I did not care for the view.

show up early and sit where you like.  It's my understanding you are not required to sit in the area reserved for the suite guests.

Don't cut it too short, we were on the Allure this passed October and showed up about 25 minutes before Blue Planet and all the reserved suites seats were filled. To sit together we ended up in the top deck, parallel to the stage edge.