PORT CANAVERAL RESTAURANTS

smyemar

I am hoping for some suggestions for favourite dining spots while we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral pre cruise this coming March.  We are open to spending up to $100.00 per couple.  We will not have a car so it will be an uber or taxi ride to get there.  Thanks :)

There are some great restaurants at the port. You can not go wrong with Grills, Fish Lips, or Rusty's. My favorite has always been Grills, nice outdoor area where you can watch the cruise ships leave. It is on a couple of minutes from the hotel.

• Like 1

p.s. I'm a local and have been to 'em all

When folks come to visit and especially if they come and are on their way to a cruise

I take 'em to Grills

I go to the port if I can EARLY so they can see departure of other cruise ships (most leave between 4 and 5)

and I go to Grills because in my 12 years of living and eating here, the food is 'what I prefer' at Grills vs the other popular places channel-side (aka Rusty's and Fishlips <Millikan's closed and is open under a new name GATOR's but I've eaten at other Gator's locations locally and can not recommend>)

NOW, if a water view is not to your liking and you'd really like to spend that $100 per couple I can give you some other places in town with HIGHER END food ... just ask.

and btw Kelsey's (with several locations in the area) IS my go to for sit down pizza and 'family Italian' but at the port location: no water view so just another pizza place . . . 

Any recommendations for Cocoa Beach restaurants?  We'll be staying at La Quinta oceanfront, but won't have a car; could probably grab an Uber if there's somewhere that is a "Don't Miss."  We won't get to the hotel until after dark (probably around 6 pm on Feb 3), so don't want to have to go too far afield.  I've heard that the Tiki Bar on the end of the pier is okay -- thoughts?

Tiki Bar isn't really worth anything IMO.  I really enjoy Coaster's Taphouse, in downtown Cocoa Beach you have Tiny Turtle with a good ice cream shop next door.  Longdoggers has a location in Cocoa Beach as well, we go to the one in Satellite Beach weekly.  If you're looking more upscale, Florida Fresh Grill is good as well as Fat Kahuna.  I'm also a big fan of either the subs or fried chicken/chicken tenders at Publix.  Sounds crazy to recommend a grocery store, but they're really good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

If you're looking more upscale, Florida Fresh Grill is good as well as Fat Kahuna.  I'm also a big fan of either the subs or fried chicken/chicken tenders at Publix.  Sounds crazy to recommend a grocery store, but they're really good. 

I'll second both of these. Florida Fresh Grill and Fast Kahuna are both fabulous. If you are going to either, I'd recommend calling in advance for reservations. Especially Kahuna... the place is TINY. 

Also, the subs at Publix are exceptional... Made fresh for you in the deli. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, Ms McCluck said:

Do you know of a place that has Shrimp and Grits? Been looking at online menus and haven't found a place yet.  

Florida Seafood restaurant, as well as Fishlips and Molly's, have shrimp & grits. All very good!

4 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I changed our hotel to Radisson at the Port -- for various reasons, including $, location, and access to restaurants!  Does anyone have any thoughts on Zachary's?  Or other restaurants near RatP?

Zachary’s is okay for breakfast and a heck of a lot cheaper than the Radisson breakfast buffet.  I can’t comment on lunch or dinner....

on the other side of the Radisson is Kelsey’s pizza that has good pizza, pasta, salads and sandwiches.  One of our favorites!!

• Like 1