Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Felipevergarac

No AC on Anthem of the Seas

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

 

People posting from the ship are talking about the lying hotel manager, and not some hotel management A hole in Miami.

 

I think the ships are universes unto themselves until they get to port.  

 

As a manager, I often tell sub managers to run things, and to make decisions, but when I realize when I am on the spot how they actually managed, often I wish I had different managers on the ship.  We are always trying to make these people grow, but some people are not growable.  

 

JC

They also said that whenever they asked about compenation they were told that they were waiting to hear from head office.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped sailing RCI a while ago despite being diamond for last few years (my friends are on this sailing though) - diminishing value, service, food worsening by the minute (except still present "lobster night" - which reminds me of a bad waiter ignoring you all night, mixing up orders and then when it is time to tip - smiling with what thought of as a best smile and asking: "how was everything?" - I have no problem not tipping in such cases, I still suffer of toxic masculinity 😄 ), rising prices, excluding things that were free 10 minutes ago etc... and pretentious attitude like they are "the best in class"...no, not anymore...they just did not notice that. Most importantly - treating customers like the cattle they are - just like Marie Antoinette with her: "Let them eat the cake" (for those not knowing - "cake" is a leftover baked container for pate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They also said that whenever they asked about compenation they were told that they were waiting to hear from head office.

 

 

 

In that case whomever was making decisions who told the Oasis people they got a free cruise and all of their money back got fired, and their replacement has figured out it ain’t gonna be me next.

 

Can you imagine trying to manage all of these ships and 10s of thousands if not a 100, 000 customers per week and things that you can not anticipate, like weather, AC systems breaking or Noro.

 

I just think that life is a bit of a crap shoot, and expecting everything 100% of the time to go like it does 98% of the time is just life.

 

jc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

 

In that case whomever was making decisions who told the Oasis people they got a free cruise and all of their money back got fired, and their replacement has figured out it ain’t gonna be me next.

 

Can you imagine trying to manage all of these ships and 10s of thousands if not a 100, 000 customers per week and things that you can not anticipate, like weather, AC systems breaking or Noro.

 

I just think that life is a bit of a crap shoot, and expecting everything 100% of the time to go like it does 98% of the time is just life.

 

jc

 

Norovirus made international news. Publicity nightmare, they had to do something huge. This issue not so much. Not much solace for the folks suffering through it but just a potential explanation as to why the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marriedinstthomas2012 said:

All of deck 8 and spotty groups in different areas of ship are still out as well. 

I will be on deck 8 this Friday. Gonna document everything and be ready to dispute with my credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktrwe1 said:

Just a few doors down from you on deck 11 and my two rooms are also @ 77.  Is there anything we can do about the offer? 

I'm not sure yet.  We have a # that we deal with directly for diamond members. I'll be calling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$200 is an insult. I've only been on 2 cruises with royal but they've just lost our family's business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Diamonddanny said:

$200. Rebate for 5 days of no sleep.

Our room is still hot. Not as hot as it was but with the door open to the hall it's still 75° from 86 and 89°

 

Slap in the face from a person who spends tens of thousands a year with royal !!!

 

Wow, that’s definitely a big slap in the face and a kick in the behind as well. I’d be pissed and I would not let it go at that. What an insult!:classic_angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Diamonddanny said:

$200. Rebate for 5 days of no sleep.

Our room is still hot. Not as hot as it was but with the door open to the hall it's still 75° from 86 and 89°

 

Slap in the face from a person who spends tens of thousands a year with royal !!!

 

Whoa. I've only sailed twice with Royal, but if they offered me $200 for 2 nights of no A/C (let alone 5!), I'd be very...angry (trying to keep language in check). To me, anything above 75 is terribly uncomfortable to sleep in, so with what you've been dealing with is horrifying. I've been following along on this thread for a few days to see what the outcome would be. $200 for 5 days of no A/C is insanity. Good luck to you all on some increased compensation! 

Edited by samiam0403

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, marriedinstthomas2012 said:

No it won't be fixed by January 26th

If they're going to fix it in Fl, why won't it be fixed by January 26th? The ship will be in Fl on the 20th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And cruisers are not allowed to bring electric fans on the ship?  At least with fans you could pretend to be roughing it in the boondocks of the Philippines

 

Sent from by Samsung tablet in Ilocos Sur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

We got a $300 refund. I'm assuming it's $100/passenger.

 

Typically it is based as a percentage of the persons actual cruise fare. We have had 2 occasions to where we got them. The one time it was 10% and the other was 20%.  In this case the cash values that I have been reading about seem extremely low, compared to the high level of discomfort that you have all been having with no or limited sleep at night and lack of cabin use.

 

If they went with a straight percentage this time they missed the mark. IMO it should be half you daily fare once the AC broke, at minimum because you could not comfortably spend at least 12 of 24 hours period in your cabin.  

 

Just my take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

Typically it is based as a percentage of the persons actual cruise fare. We have had 2 occasions to where we got them. The one time it was 10% and the other was 20%.  In this case the cash values that I have been reading about seem extremely low, compared to the high level of discomfort that you have all been having with no or limited sleep at night and lack of cabin use.

 

If they went with a straight percentage this time they missed the mark. IMO it should be half you daily fare once the AC broke, at minimum because you could not comfortably spend at least 12 of 24 hours period in your cabin.  

 

Just my take. 

I'm in agreement. I'll write a letter to them when we get back home but I'm sure it won't change a thing. 

 

I can't justify ever going on another RC ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Amazing how within a week Royal went from handling the situation on a Oasis with flying colours and going above and beyond to looking like absolute jacka**es with this insulting offer.

Just a guess but the Oasis issue affected EVERYONE on the ship while the Anthem AC is Limited to certain locations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g4indigo said:

I will be on deck 8 this Friday. Gonna document everything and be ready to dispute with my credit card.

Final payment was nearly 3 months ago. Not sure how one disputes a charge that old???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ridiculous.  I have my first booked trip on RC this year and this, in conjunction with poor customer service while trying to book my cruise for my extended family (5 rooms on the Anthem), makes me wish we were cruising on Norwegian again.  I already have a very negative view on RC customer service. Hope I’m wrong.  Hope you get adequately compensated for the inability to sleep in your own room.

Edited by kmsnyg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

I'm in agreement. I'll write a letter to them when we get back home but I'm sure it won't change a thing. 

 

I can't justify ever going on another RC ship. 

 

If you keep it factual VS emotional you should get traction.  I’d also include a photo(s) of the thermostat and if you have been sleeping with your cabin door open as well.

 

Sorry it happened and hopefully you will have a better resolve with HQ than the ship. If you  return to Royal Caribbean hopefully your next adventure will be much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just a guess but the Oasis issue affected EVERYONE on the ship while the Anthem AC is Limited to certain locations. 

 

Totally get that however only 500 people or so got sick. The rest still received a cruise, albeit missing  a day and a couple port stops.

 

The poor folks on the Anthem suffered for 5 days,  certainly everyone on Anthem should not get anything however those that were affected certainly deserve more than the couple hundred offered.

 

I just feel that those on Anthem that were affected by the broken AC suffered a while lot more than the 5000 on Oasis that did not get sick.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 

Totally get that however only 500 people or so got sick. The rest still received a cruise, albeit missing  a day and a couple port stops.

 

The poor folks on the Anthem suffered for 5 days,  certainly everyone on Anthem should not get anything however those that were affected certainly deserve more than the couple hundred offered.

 

I just feel that those on Anthem that were affected by the broken AC suffered a while lot more than the 5000 on Oasis that did not get sick.

I would be very upset without AC. I will State my point again. Oasis cruise affected EVERYONE on the ship, Anthem AC is Limited in Scope. The two sailings are not comparable. Not saying Anthem AC issues should be overlooked for those with AC issues.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 

Totally get that however only 500 people or so got sick. The rest still received a cruise, albeit missing  a day and a couple port stops.

 

The poor folks on the Anthem suffered for 5 days,  certainly everyone on Anthem should not get anything however those that were affected certainly deserve more than the couple hundred offered.

 

I just feel that those on Anthem that were affected by the broken AC suffered a while lot more than the 5000 on Oasis that did not get sick.

Agreed. I hope there's more to this story. I'm seeing the $300 credit on the account but maybe there's a possibility of a discounted future cruise as well? I won't know for sure until we speak to guest services. Unless someone already has? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

We got a $300 refund. I'm assuming it's $100/passenger.

 

$100 a passenger for a cruise in the Caribbean with no A/C?

Laughable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

We got a $300 refund. I'm assuming it's $100/passenger.

 

I saw a couple of the compensation letter on another site.  It is $200 for an inside cabin, $300 balcony and $400 suite.  It should be a percentage based on cruise fare, something in the ballpark of 50% based on how long the A/C has been broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

I saw a couple of the compensation letter on another site.  It is $200 for an inside cabin, $300 balcony and $400 suite.  It should be a percentage based on cruise fare, something in the ballpark of 50% based on how long the A/C has been broken.

Ya, this is pretty pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...