Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

It's not really a secret but....
We were on a B2B cruise that we booked as one.  After the first leg of the sailing, all our photos were disposed of.  When we told them we were on a continuous sailing and not the B2B per se they just shook their heads and said sorry, the photos are gone.

33 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

The Captain somehow always nails it!! 😀👍

Mine always seem to arrive with a severe case of structural failure!

M6VmmFOhQ9yt%p6vG4I3Dw.jpg

That’s a really sick looking Volcano🥴 So The Captain is sending you one of his good ones. 🥰

Tony

FA3AAC84-C18F-4D9D-9F10-A3E95DEB44E7.jpeg

51 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That doesn't always work...I wanted a taste of the Curtis Stone Pork Belly. Asked the waiter for just a small piece. He brought a whole new meal (in addition to the one I'd just consumed). BTW: the pork belly was awful. One bite was definitely enough.

LOL - Pork Belly is always awful unless you have a metabolic craving for pure fat.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

I'm still manning (womaning) the oars on the rowboat; you are our fearless leader.😁

Jwattle,

Boy does that guy next to you know how lucky he is to have a great looking and smart girl like you? 😁😁😁

BTW away remember this. (See picture )

Tony

CB6120AF-2D0E-4BFA-9200-DD4D96F8F350.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Jwattle,

Boy does that guy next to you know how lucky he is to have a great looking and smart girl like you? 😁😁😁

BTW away remember this. (See picture )

Tony

CB6120AF-2D0E-4BFA-9200-DD4D96F8F350.jpeg

Thank you Captain! ☺ I think he's pretty wonderful too, even after twenty years!😊Hopefully we'll join you in a cruise sometime.

According to the picture, i am a GREAT pirate😃😂

Edited by jwattle

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Thank you Captain! ☺ I think he's pretty wonderful too, even after twenty years!😊Hopefully we'll join you in a cruise sometime.

According to the picture, i am a GREAT pirate😃😂

I new you would make a Great pirate! 😁 You guys will always be welcome on The Rowboat. 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

The truth is Mickey  doesn’t drink.  Minnie can drink 🍾 with the best of them. 😁😁

Tony

When I was younger I lived with my grandparents. I put up a poster in my room that my grandmother had a major issue with. It was Daisy Duck with huge "mammary glands" who was in a "provocative" pose. I thought it was funny. My grandmother did not agree. Sigh... Difference of generational opinion. Of course I also had a poster of Jimi Hendrix and a poster of Janice Joplin. Both of them died of drug overdoses at the same age: 27 years old. At the time I didn't have a problem with that as a "death age". I was young and thought I would be dead at 18 or so due to going to war. One just never knows how life will play out. They implemented a lottery and my number was waaaaaaay high.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

It was Daisy Duck with huge "mammary glands" who was in a "provocative" pose. I thought it was funny. My grandmother did not agree. Sigh... Difference of generational opinion. 

Maybe it wasn't a "generational opinion", but more that she didn't like a female (even if it was Daisy Duck, a character) being sexually objectified?  Most women don't care for that...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I new you would make a Great pirate! 😁 You guys will always be welcome on The Rowboat. 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

And we are always glad to book it! You and my "first mate" both turn out splendidly for formal night! 😀

I doubt this is a secret and I'm sure someone here can can answer:

What is Princess' current policy on price-drops?  We're booked on a 2020 British Isles itinerary that is breathtakingly expensive.  The same cruise sailing next month (2019) is almost 50% less.  If the price of ours drops after final payment (in February) are we able to apply for OBC or at least upgrade cabin categories?  We did book under a modest promotion (free gratuities) but I'd not fuss about giving that up.

TIA

8 minutes ago, ronandannette said:

What is Princess' current policy on price-drops?  We're booked on a 2020 British Isles itinerary that is breathtakingly expensive.  The same cruise sailing next month (2019) is almost 50% less.  If the price of ours drops after final payment (in February) are we able to apply for OBC or at least upgrade cabin categories?  We did book under a modest promotion (free gratuities) but I'd not fuss about giving that up.

TIA

I’m in the US and recently (in June) got a refund when the fare dropped after final payment. We lost our original perks (OBC) but the refund was more than double the obc lost. Refunded back to the card used. Kept same cabin. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Other old tips:

preorder bottled water for your stateroom, $6.90 for 12. Much easier than carryon.

preorder liquor for your room, around $18 for 375ml (12oz) good for two to eight drinks.

Wow ! Those would be quite the drinks !

Edited by richstowe

On 1/28/2019 at 1:19 AM, indyrocks said:

If you want a decent seat at the muster station drill before the ship sails, don't wait until they sound the signal. Head toward your assigned location 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time. And always take your stateroom key card since they scan them to take attendance. Also, follow the current instructions about whether to grab your life jacket. On our last cruise they did NOT want passengers to bring them to muster stations but that was the first time we had experienced that change.

If you get there before the checkers arrive be sure to check in.

15 minutes ago, denmarks said:

If you get there before the checkers arrive be sure to check in.

Great advise. For a long time now no life jackets are taken to it. On all the ships we sail on. Only the older not updated ships still go to the cabins and check to see if anyone is in them.

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Great advise. For a long time now no life jackets are taken to it. On all the ships we sail on. Only the older not updated ships still go to the cabins and check to see if anyone is in them.

No worries. They will find you.  They make an extraordinary effort to walk up and down all the aisles multiple times to make contact with people who have their hands raised indicating they’ve not yet been checked. There is an army of credential checkers in the Muster Station. 

I found this to be the case on both Medallion and non Medallion Cruises. 

2 minutes ago, marcruiser said:

Hypothetical question:  If one has 100 shares of Princess (Carnival) stock, how much OBC would they receive?

Depends on the length of the cruise. Less than 7 days-$50, 7-13 days-$100, over 13 days-$250. It is all non-refundable so it's use it or lose it.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

5 minutes ago, jangor said:

Unfortunately, like the airlines, people tend to tune out the emergency instructions at muster.

Well... I think they were hoping the "new and improved" muster instructions would help but I think they may have the opposite effect. That horrible "love-boat- esque" song about safety certainly doesn't make folks listen any better and it certainly is annoying. On one cruise we not only had to go through that idiotic song at muster but then couldn't use the stateroom TV until we had gone through it again in the cabin. I almost miss the old style muster with the life jackets where you could make bets as to how many people would put the jacket on before they were supposed to and how many would actually stick that germ covered whistle in their mouth and blow it. (Okay, I don't miss the life jacket mess but I really don't like their "musical muster".)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2019 at 11:32 PM, ronandannette said:

TIA

We booked our British Isles cruise for 8/29/19 during the Three For Free in Nov. 2018.  It was high but the perks were good.  We watched to see price drops during subsequent promotions but after doing the math it didn't pay.   Then after final payment, everything was sold out except for guarantee insides.  If we had booked the other August sailings we could have maybe gotten some more OBC because they did have balconies left with a great price drop.  It's the luck of the draw.

12 hours ago, marcruiser said:

Hypothetical question:  If one has 100 shares of Princess (Carnival) stock, how much OBC would they receive?

I'm sure this is answered elsewhere, but here it is: CCL Shareholder Benefits.

It really adds if one is booked on a 13+ day Princess cruise if you are retired/active military (like me!😎) . Carnival does do somethings right in spite of all the negatives you hear. I just wish their military benefit extended to cruise lines other than Princess.