Does this timing sound reasonable?

LisaSp

We will arrive in FCO (nonstop from Dulles) at 8:10 am, and we sail on NCL Epic at 7 pm from Civitavecchia port. Our plan is to take a private transfer from the airport to the port because I am too neurotic to try and do any stuff in Rome that day, esp with our luggage (and we are extending our stay in Italy post-cruise). About how long should we anticipate it taking from the time we land to the time we'd arrive at port (assuming we prearrange a private transport)? I am hopeful we won't have to sit terribly long at the port before they let us board. I tried to find this answer by searching old posts but couldn't quite find exactly what I am asking. Thanks!!! Our first time to Europe and I am excited!!

As described on several threads here, Immigration can take a few minutes, but there really isn't any Customs to worry about. Bags can come very slow...rarely see them in less than 30 minutes. So, I would figure close to an hour to get out to meet your ride. It is about another hour to the port.

• Like 1

Really consider doing some touring in the area as part of your private transfer.  There are a number of places you can visit on the way to Civitavecchia that would only add 3-4 hours to the trip.  You would be at the port by 2 or 3 pm with plenty of time to board.  For example, Cerveteri, Bracciano (Odescalchi Castle), Tarquinia.  Any of that beats sitting some place for 6 hours with your suitcases. 

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Really consider doing some touring in the area as part of your private transfer.  There are a number of places you can visit on the way to Civitavecchia that would only add 3-4 hours to the trip.  You would be at the port by 2 or 3 pm with plenty of time to board.  For example, Cerveteri, Bracciano (Odescalchi Castle), Tarquinia.  Any of that beats sitting some place for 6 hours with your suitcases. 

I am thinking about it! Thank you!!!