Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gizfish

Escape hot dog cart

Recommended Posts

I know when Breakaway sailed from NY, they had a hot dog cart that moved to different areas on sea days.  Now that Escape has replaced Breakaway, does anyone know if Escape has a hot dog cart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gizfish said:

I know when Breakaway sailed from NY, they had a hot dog cart that moved to different areas on sea days.  Now that Escape has replaced Breakaway, does anyone know if Escape has a hot dog cart?

I was on escape in July and I didn't see one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on escape a few weeks ago with a hot dog obsessed child, so I would have noticed, but I didn't see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No hotdog cart on the Escape unfortunately.  The Breakaway was designed with a NYC theme, so the hotdog cart fit in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOP.THE.PRESSES!!

 

There is a hotdog cart on the Breakaway! I am sailing next month. I joke with my family that I could eat a gas station hotdog everyday, no lie. :classic_laugh:

 

Are they any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

STOP.THE.PRESSES!!

 

There is a hotdog cart on the Breakaway! I am sailing next month. I joke with my family that I could eat a gas station hotdog everyday, no lie. :classic_laugh:

 

Are they any good?

Well, there was one, not sure if it's still there since the ship is no longer sailing out of NYC.  And yes, they are very good.  Authentic NYC street hotdogs.... Sabrett's

Edited by Mike_DeA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Well, there was one, not sure if it's still there since the ship is no longer sailing out of NYC.  And yes, they are very good.  Authentic NYC street hotdogs.... Sabrett's

 Unfortunately, no longer authentic NYC dirty water dogs aka Sabretts brand. A few years ago we sailed from NYC and had the real thing from the cart, complete with Sabrett umbrella. Last Feb when we sailed on Breakaway again, they were just generic food service dogs. Still had a few with beers over at O'Shean's, but certainly, not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar experience!

I sailed on Breakaway in Jan 2014, the hot dog guy was a real treat. We looked for him every day.

When We booked the 2018 cruise, that was all I talked about. Didn’t see him until the final day. By then, my best friend believed that  I had imagined him!

The quality of the dogs/ toppings were not as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our recent cruise on Escape there was a Hot dog cart  at GSC . Parked next to the Bacardi Bar. Yum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Escape you'll find hot dogs at the Garden Cafe, on the menu at O'Sheehans and also on the Haven snack menu. Not Sabrett but they taste okay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffet always has hotdogs for lunch and dinner, and possibly the children's menu in the MDR if you need a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, johnnyrb said:

 Unfortunately, no longer authentic NYC dirty water dogs aka Sabretts brand. A few years ago we sailed from NYC and had the real thing from the cart, complete with Sabrett umbrella. Last Feb when we sailed on Breakaway again, they were just generic food service dogs. Still had a few with beers over at O'Shean's, but certainly, not the same thing.

I agree.  Like some other brand’s such as Carlo’s Bake Shop, Nickelodian, etc.,

NCL has ended its relationship with Sabrett.

The RCL Anthem of the Seas, based in Bayonne, has a “Dog House”,  quasi food truck in its indoor sportsplex, serving up some decent hotdogs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Was on the escape 2/3/19 and on at least one occasion (Superbowl) there was a hot dog cart parked alongside O'Sheans just as it used to be on Breakaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only saw the Hot Dog Cart once on Breakaway last month. It was parked by the entrance to Spice H2O during the NFC/AFC championship games. We had dogs and they were good but definitely not Sabretts, and the onions were cooked plain, not like the yummy ones on a NYC street corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a Hot Dog from the cart on our Bermuda Cruise on the Escape back in June 2018.....it was around lunch time, near the pool Bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×