RNsoon2beNP

ST THOMAS/ BOSS excursion

Has anyone done the BOSS excursion? I was wondering can you take a underwater camera or do they do pictures for you? 

Thanks in advance :)

I am booked to do this excursion in May on their website, it states that they will take photos of you using YOUR underwater camera at one stop. Hope this helps!

Bring your own underwater camera, but did have some available for sale in the boat.  Best excursion I have ever taken.  So much fun, well worth the price.

Thanks for posting on this excursion; as much time as I am spending researching my cruise I am more inclined to self-exploration than cruiseship excursions.  It looks like there is little to no savings anyway not going thru Carnival ($110 + transportation to Crown Bay) than same $110 less 10% coupon directly thru them.

One question, it says 3.5 hours on Carnival’s website.  That doesn’t leave much time for other activities we’re not willing to forego.  Has anyone that has done this know what time

you are driven back to Havensight?  Really want a beach for at least 2 hours in St. Thomas.

We just did this tour last week.  I don't recall what time we got back to the dock but I don't think it would have left enough time for going to a beach.  On our tour (through Carnival) we had 28 people on board - divided into 3 groups for the BOSS units - so each group had roughly 30 min with the BOSS (about 20 minutes actual driving around + time to get into it and ears equalized) and then an hour to snorkel/relax on the boat while the other groups went.  They will take pictures with your camera but not with your phone in a waterproof case.  You can buy an underwater disposable camera on board ($20).  These are your only options for a picture - I thought they might take pictures with their own camera and sell the images, but they do not.  We had a great time on the tour - like everyone we wish we could have been on the BOSS longer.  Probably would not do it again ($$) but was worth it to do it once.