QE inside cabin configuration

mizcruz

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the configuration is of these sideways inside cabins on the Queen Elizabeth?  I haven't been able to find any pictures that appear to have the door open in the middle of the room as opposed to on the end.  Thank you.

QE inside cabin.PNG

Thanks, for the replies.  Essiesmom - I can't open the pictures.  The video and the diagram don't seem to match so I will assume the video is more accurate.  We have booked cabin 5163 for March 4 out of Sydney so we will soon see for ourselves.  Thanks again!

Th video is more accurate, because the closets open across from the bath, not along the rear wall.  Not sure why you can't see my pics.  EM

i have moved from my desktop pc to my iPad mini and can still see my pics.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

14 minutes ago, mizcruz said:

Thanks, for the replies.  Essiesmom - I can't open the pictures.  The video and the diagram don't seem to match so I will assume the video is more accurate.  We have booked cabin 5163 for March 4 out of Sydney so we will soon see for ourselves.  Thanks again!

One thing that might be throwing you off trying to compare the video to the diagram is that the video appears to be showing a cabin with a layout that is a mirror image of the diagram. On the other hand, the pictures that Essiesmom provided (if you could see them) show a cabin in the same orientation as the diagram.

That said, there are at least a couple discrepancies between the video/pictures and the diagram. The diagram shows a chair just inside the doorway which apparently isn't actually provided (hardly seems like there would be room for one there anyway) and the table provided just inside the doorway looks to be considerably smaller than what's shown in the diagram.

And, to echo what Essiesmom just stated, the closets shown in the lower right corner of the diagram positioned along the right wall next to the shower should actually be turned ninety degrees and positioned along the bottom wall next to the desk to match what's shown in the video/pictures.

I guess I wasn't able to open the pictures on my work computer but I was able to open them at home.  Thanks for posting them Essiesmom.  We will miss the chair as that is where my husband usually sits waiting for me to get ready for dinner.  Looks like he will just have to sit on the bed... 

Edited by mizcruz
correction
  • Haha 1

I liked the QE sideways inside layout  - we had a TWIN bed config and the cabin seemed very much spacious and more room to 
dress etc  - ours was up on deck 8 - 8175?
if they offer you one then take it!

Or if the Deluxe insides are a good price - these are on deck 1 and a few on 6 and 8 - they are very large with a big sofa as well (no sofas are in regular insides, only a chair) and do not worry about deck 1 noise - it is so quiet down there - I just had an outside 1076 was blissful.

Edited by rog747

On 1/16/2019 at 2:31 AM, mizcruz said:

Can anyone give me an idea as to what the configuration is of these sideways inside cabins on the Queen Elizabeth?  I haven't been able to find any pictures that appear to have the door open in the middle of the room as opposed to on the end.  Thank you.

QE inside cabin.PNG

HI MIZCRUZ, I have been in 5163 ,  it was great as insides go, nice and quiet as you walk in the chair is on your right against the back of the bathroom , the desk is against the wardrobes on the far wall and the bed on the left,  it was a hard room to get a photo of but I will have a look for one.  I prefer it to the long corridor shape of the majority of the insides. The diagram and photos above don't reflect the way the actual cabin is i'm afraid.

Edited by roscoe39

• 1 month later...

We leave next Monday (March 4) for our cruise and I have already printed our e-ticket and luggage tags as we leave for Sydney tomorrow.  Happened to look at the e-ticket online today and see that we have been upgraded to an obstructed oceanview cabin #4109.  Now, no worries as to where my husband will sit as I finish getting ready for dinner because there will be a love seat.  We certainly don't mind an inside cabin but are delighted with the upgrade! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mizcruz said:

We leave next Monday (March 4) for our cruise and I have already printed our e-ticket and luggage tags as we leave for Sydney tomorrow.  Happened to look at the e-ticket online today and see that we have been upgraded to an obstructed oceanview cabin #4109.  Now, no worries as to where my husband will sit as I finish getting ready for dinner because there will be a love seat.  We certainly don't mind an inside cabin but are delighted with the upgrade! 

Outsides have a 2 seater sofa plus a chair - enjoy