Cabo San Lucas Roger's Tour Boat

billbacon78

Be very wary of using Roger's Boats for a shore excursion.

We only received a 50% refund when our ship changed the departure time from Cabo, which prevented us from taking our scheduled tour.

During a January 2 visit to Cabo San Lucas on the Norwegian Star, we had reserved a 2 hour boat trip at 11:30 a.m. with Roger's Boats. On the night before we arrived in port, when we got the daily activity sheet for the following day in our cabin, we found that the ship's captain decided to move the departure from Cabo up 2 hours from 3 p.m. to 1 p.m. While we were waiting for our tender number, I found I had cell service on deck. I called both the local number and the stateside number for Roger's Boats at about 7 a.m. Neither answered, but the local boat captain called back within about a half hour. He said that he was fully booked and could not move up our tour, but did offer to shorten our tour to an hour and a half, getting us back to the dock at 1 p.m., the same time as we were to sail. I checked with ship's officers to see if 1 p.m. was last tender, and they told me no, that it was all on board for sail away and we should be in line to tender by 12:30 p.m. I informed the local boat captain that we would not be able to do an 11:30 departure coming back at 1, and asked again if there was any chance of an earlier boat and was told no. He said we would have to contact Suzanne Roger in California about a refund for our trip, which we had paid in full before departure.

When I first contacted Suzanne she indicated that she would provide a refund, less a small fee. The next day I did get a refund of $70, half of what I had paid. In a note, Suzanne indicated that this was because they had tried to work with me, but I had turned it down. Quote “After speaking with you yesterday I spoke to Captain Roger about your reservation on January 2nd coming on the cruise ship.

He confirmed he spoke with you and told you he could give you a 1.5 hour tour to accommodate your situation with the Captain of the cruise ships leaving early from Cabo, Mexico...We did try to work with you.” End Quote.

I responded that offering me a shorter tour that would still cause me to miss my ship was not a viable offering. I am relatively sure that if we had taken the offer and missed the ship they would not have taken any responsibility. She has not responded to my note.

I am a frequent cruiser with my family. Occasionally there have been changes to itineraries that have caused us to skip a port or changed our times in port. I have always received prompt refunds of the full amount paid. I have even had a shore excursion that I had to cancel last minute because of a family member coming down with pneumonia, and that was refunded. I am sure that Roger's Boats offers a wonderful tour, but I think that the most important part of customer service is how you deal with problems. I would not recommend their service to fellow cruisers as a shore excursion, based on their actions. If they provide a full refund in the future, I will update this post.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:03 PM, billbacon78 said:

After posting this here and on Yelp I received a call from Suzanne Rogers and she gave me a full refund of all my funds for the tour.  She said that she had been very busy and had not had the time to reply or refund my money until now.

Right. Sure she was.