Cruise Critic Community
egc

How to dress in Feb at the Bahamas?

Any one tell me what the weather is like in the Bahamas in Feb?  Is it cooler at night?

The same as south Florida, maybe a degree or 2 warmer. The Bahamas are close to Florida. 

55 minutes ago, egc said:

Any one tell me what the weather is like in the Bahamas in Feb?  Is it cooler at night?

The last time we were in Nassau in February, it was just below freezing here in Ohio (about 30 degrees). When we got to Nassau, it was about 68 degrees there. Warm enough for us to wear shorts and t-shirts, but we saw several Bahamians wearing long pants and light jackets.

Florida and the Bahamas are having a chill right now, 2 days later it could be 80. Check a week before you leave

I was just there on the Breeze last year in Feb.  Look at my trip report.  It was windy every day but warm every day.  

We were there in February in 2012, 13, 14, 15. Each time it was in the 80's. It seemed very hot one of those years, and that I think was the year we stopped in Florida and it was about 65-68 on that trip. We always go to Nassau and Freeport in Feb. or Mar. and it's always been beautiful. We've been very lucky. Enjoy your cruise.

The  Bahamas are in the Atlantic Ocean, NOT the Caribbean. The temps can vary. One Feb we had unusually warm weather, the following year it was cool and breezy.

if you have an iPhone, add the cities your traveling to to your weather App.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, beachbum53 said:

The last time we were in Nassau in February, it was just below freezing here in Ohio (about 30 degrees). When we got to Nassau, it was about 68 degrees there. Warm enough for us to wear shorts and t-shirts, but we saw several Bahamians wearing long pants and light jackets.

68 is chiily to us Southerners.😊

9 hours ago, simplelife said:

And at certain parts of Winter, 68 is a god-send to us Northerners

13 hours ago, simplelife said:

It was -27 when I woke up this morning. Without windchill factored in. :classic_dry:  I cannot wait to get to the eastern Caribbean in two weeks. I'll gladly take your chilly 68. 😉 

Air temperatures should be in the 80s, possibly the 70s if it gets cloudy. Water temps - including the pools on your ship since it is drawing ocean water - will be the low 70s.

Having lived in FLA for a long time we bring layers and a light windbreaker when cruising in the Caribbean or Bahamas.

Sometimes it's just T-shirt and beach weather - other times it's like spring or fall "up north"

It depends on if a cold front gets down that far or not.  It can be warm or it can be cool and windy.  It makes it hard to pack but my best advice is to check the forecast 3 or 4 days out.  Any earlier than that won't be accurate.

We go to the Bahamas mostly the latter part of March and it is always warm there.  The water however has temps that we're used to at the Jersey shore early summer, maybe 72 degrees.