Recommendations needed: from Falmouth to Konoko with stops along the way (with kids)

slipsailinaway

I think that, as we are a party of 7 travelling with 5 adults (including two seniors) and a 4 year old a 6 month old baby, Konoko Park and Falls may be best suited for us. 

We would like to make some stops en route to do the some (or all) of the following. Please feel free to make suggestions if this seems like a lot. 

- visit Konoko Falls

- perhaps visit a beach
- try some good food along the way (cheap and cheerful, spicy is fine, authentic, seafood selection would be nice)
- hear some live music (doesn't have to be fancy) but some roots or rocksteady would make me ever so happy

How should we arrange this? A taxi? Tour operator? Any recommendations for companies that would help us realize this would be fine. Bonus points if they provide car seats. 🙂

Recommendations of other places that may be or interest are much appreciated. We prefer things that are not terribly crowded, will keep a 4 year old happy and, not be to strenuous for a couple of seniors whose knees aren't so good anymore.

Edited by slipsailinaway
more info

I would recommend a stop at the Green Grotto Caves in Runaway Bay. Fun for the kids and not too strenuous for elderly. Only takes 45 minutes to an hour for the full tour.

The Ultimate Jerk Center is directly across the street.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not too certain about the live band but your itenary sounds great. Could include the rain forest fern gully which is a drive through so won't be strenuous and is very beautiful. A nice beach to see is the bamboo blue and food by Scotchies should be great.  We do provide car seats if requested.

Do a search and find Peat Taylor and book with him for your family.  He will do what you want at a good price.  His kids are also a part of the company now.  We've used him twice and loved him.  Here is a very old email we had for him and it may not work now but I know if you search here someone can you direct you to him. oneiltay@cwjamaica.com

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Falmouth with our 5 year old and took a taxi to Silver Sands beach (the public beach, not the resort), and we had the beach nearly to ourselves for the day. A couple of other groups came but it was virtually empty. It felt pretty remote and doesn't look great when you first drive down the dirt road but it ended up being really nice. Burwood Beach didn't look as nice. It is a no-frills beach, no chairs or shade on the sand, but there is a shaded field behind it and a couple of bars/restaurants in the town. Three of us in a van were $40 round trip, and your group of 7 could fit in the van. When you get off the boat they will try to sell you on Blue Waters and Burwood, but Silver Sands was great.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:21 AM, zachary16 said:

We were just in Falmouth with our 5 year old and took a taxi to Silver Sands beach (the public beach, not the resort), and we had the beach nearly to ourselves for the day. A couple of other groups came but it was virtually empty. It felt pretty remote and doesn't look great when you first drive down the dirt road but it ended up being really nice. Burwood Beach didn't look as nice. It is a no-frills beach, no chairs or shade on the sand, but there is a shaded field behind it and a couple of bars/restaurants in the town. Three of us in a van were $40 round trip, and your group of 7 could fit in the van. When you get off the boat they will try to sell you on Blue Waters and Burwood, but Silver Sands was great.

Did you just take a towel from the ship to sit on? 

Yes on the towels - we brought our own float from home for the water and sand toys for the kid. I did see one group on our cruise who brought their own folding beach chairs, probably 6-8 of them. I imagine there was a very specific reason for that but I wouldn't want to haul those around each port.