Would you share menu items and photographs of Cunard Afternoon Tea?

AnnintheGarden

I was interested to learn the QM2 has so many kinds of Afternoon Tea.

Champagne Tea at the Champagne Bar

Godiva Tea at Sir Samuels

Tea featuring ales at the Golden Lion

Queens Room Tea

Grills Lounge Tea

Some have mentioned that the Queens Room Tea and Grills Lounge Tea are now served with a preselected assortment on cake stands (which does not bother me).

Would anyone be able to share menu items and pictures for any of these Tea options (and also tell us your own favorites of course!) and vegetarians would you let us know if you were successful in arranging for an all vegetarian option?

I think somewhere I read that clotted cream is still served in Grills but others have said the Tea is exactly the same.

One of these rooms has a dance at Tea time once on the Crossing which I understand can get a bit noisy. 

Is there usually music music or entertainment at Tea or just that dance?

Since no one has replied yet, I'll get things started about the various afternoon teas on QM2. Sorry, I can't provide any photos of my own. And having never sailed in the Grills, I can't comment on the tea in the Grills Lounge. But hopefully what I'm including here will be of some use to you anyway.

Here is information about the various afternoon teas including some indication of the menu items from the old Cunard website that Host Hattie previously posted.

c659b7a408c7dbf0af985fad32ee6194.jpg

Here are some additional details scanned from the daily programmes for our last westbound crossing on QM2 during the last week of June 2018.

1353744044_QM2ChampagneAfternoonTea.jpg.12cf3ea2fb2faf41f119304680b0067f.jpg

1041854002_QM2GodivaChocolateAfternoonTea.jpg.90ed8538e2a8022ca80ce206cd27f243.jpg

1225456873_QM2LionsShareAfternoonTea.thumb.jpg.a2f9e16a197f27a3149478f45b363c40.jpg

Concerning the Traditional Afternoon Tea in the Queens Room from 3:30pm to 4:30pm, here was the entertainment schedule as listed in the daily programmes for our westbound crossing from June 24 to July 1, 2018. No Afternoon Tea in the Queens Room on embarkation day (June 24).

June 25 - Afternoon Tea with the Sunrise String Quartet

June 26 - Afternoon Tea with Harpist Marta Kaszap

June 27 - Afternoon Tea with the Sunrise String Quartet

June 28 - Afternoon Tea with Pianist Andrew Cavendish-Grey

June 29 - Afternoon Tea with the Sunrise String Quartet

June 30 - Afternoon Tea Dance with the Queens Room Orchestra

We have done both, regular cabin and grills lounge , both have the same assortment but the grills is very quick as a small group, was usually in and out in 10 -15 mins.. we were on QM2 inmate November and they walked around with items, no stands with food..in the grills concierge lounge, yes they have items that are self serve at that time of afternoon tea

4 hours ago, AnnintheGarden said:

Thank you both very much for the information.

I doubt very much we will indulge in the specialty teas but it is still nice to see more details!

I am curious to learn if people on CC have any favorite Afternoon Tea menu items.

Ann if you have ever had a cream tea at the Ritz or Fortnum and Mason in London, you will find the Cunard tea afternoon tea similar. You will be offered pots of a choice of several different teas, an afternoon blend, an Earl Grey, and I think a green tea maybe more- bags I think. The tea will be offered with milk, sugar and you usually get a jug of hot water ( to replinish the pot) If there are several at table, each guest will be offered their own tea pot. 

With the tea will come a selection of tea sandwiches either thin trimmed white bread  with smoked Salmon, thin sliced Cucumber and cress and occasionally small tuna, chicken and egg salad on a petite brioche. There may be more choices The sweets will include pastries and of course scones with double devon cream,  and preserves. 

The difference between afternoon tea and a cream tea, is that the sandwiches come with the cream tea, Cunard calls it Afternoon tea, but it is in the style of cream tea. 

IMG_4279.thumb.jpg.9c3b34a6247309f73d786e12f87ff115.jpg

This was the cake stand for the Grills afternoon tea on QE in December 2017, served in the PG restaurant. Sandwiches and top-up cakes etc were served separately. The scones on the top level were accompanied by Rodda's Cornish clotted cream and Bon Maman strawberry jam. It was slightly odd that there was only one of each cake/croissant on a table set for two, but we just about coped.

Edited by kentchris

1 hour ago, kentchris said:

This was the cake stand for the Grills afternoon tea on QE in December 2017, served in the PG restaurant. Sandwiches and top-up cakes etc were served separately. The scones on the top level were accompanied by Rodda's Cornish clotted cream and Bon Maman strawberry jam. It was slightly odd that there was only one of each cake/croissant on a table set for two, but we just about coped.

Fantastic pictures! Thank you so much.

So menu items include:

scones with clotted cream and jam

croissants

tea sandwich options could include:

(salmon, tuna, chicken) 

(egg salad)

(cucumber and cress)

cakes and pastries

I wonder if we would be able to request no meat or fish for ours? Has anyone had luck with that!

4 hours ago, AnnintheGarden said:

So menu items include:

croissants

(salmon, tuna, chicken) 

(egg salad)

(cucumber and cress)

cakes and pastries

I wonder if we would be able to request no meat or fish for ours? Has anyone had luck with that!

I haven't travelled QG on QM2 but I have, many times on her sisters and I would imagine, afternoon tea will follow a similar pattern on all three ships.

There will be a  cake stand on your table but that will be the initial offering. Attentive passing waiters proffer trays of differing sandwiches and various mini brioche  and also, as has been said different or extra cakes and scones.

Cheese and tomato, egg mayo and cucumber sandwiches are the only non meat or fish sandwiches I have eaten but the senior wait staff always try and facilitate requests so it's worth asking about any others.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, AnnintheGarden said:

So menu items include:

croissants

(salmon, tuna, chicken) 

(egg salad)

(cucumber and cress)

cakes and pastries

Ann if you take tea in the Grills lounge the waiters will pass the sandwiches and the sweets and you can select what you want and decline those you don't. The Queens Room tea requires more to be set up in advance, while in the Lounge, there is a more relaxed service, which I prefer. It also allows one to limit the food intake, remember you will still have your evening canapes in your suite, (ask your butler for warm canapes from time time instead of the prepared ones for variety)  and then dinner, so there is a lot of food coming in a short period of time