Question for the Ladies

thesmiths

Going on the Magic 8 day in a few months for our daughters 21st.

We have a few cabins.

Wanted to surprise my Daughter and wife with a Spa something or other just for the 2 of them to have fun and hang out.

Wanted to set up a day just for them.

What do you suggest for the spa?

I'll have them go to a Sea Brunch prior or is there something else I should look out before the SPA for them to eat at?

Going to do a Steak House as well for all of us, Should I do that the same night?

Let me know your thoughts for the perfect day for them.

Me, I'll just hang out on our aft wrap 🙂

With a good book and a few too many Rum & Cokes!

Thank you !

I think it is wonderful that you want to spoil your ladies like this. 🙂 I'd recommend something at the spa that they can do together, like the couple massages or manicure/pedicure appointments at the same time. Or I'm pretty sure that the Magic has a Cloud 9 spa, so you could get them a couples pass to the thelassotherapy pool and thermal suite, which they could use together whenever they wanted throughout the week. Whatever you choose, I'd look for options where they can enjoy the experience together. The brunch sounds lovely. I see no reason why it would be a bad idea to book the steakhouse for the same night. I hope that they (and you!) have a delightful cruise. Cheers!

The mani/pedi sounds like fun, but I don't do that on the ship.  Just have found that it's ridiculously expensive and they just don't do a very good job.  But it's been years since I tried.  I always get my nails done just before the cruise.  You could suggest they do that together a day or two before you sail as a treat, and then use the spa day for something else.

Personally, I don't think I'd want a massage with my DD.  I think we'd both enjoy ourselves more with a thermal day pass (it's possible to purchase these for one day if they don't sell out the weekly passes), and book treatments separately.  I like a facial/massage combo.

I'm sure they'll enjoy whatever you choose!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Personally, I don't think I'd want a massage with my DD.  I think we'd both enjoy ourselves more with a thermal day pass (it's possible to purchase these for one day if they don't sell out the weekly passes), and book treatments separately.  I like a

Yes, I can see how some wouldn't want to do this. I'd be really comfortable doing this with either my mom or my daughter, but I recognize that people have different sorts of relationships and levels of comfort. If you think it would make either of them uncomfortable, definitely skip it or book separate appointments. 🙂

• Like 1

Most women get a main/pedi before a cruise.  So they probably won't need one on board.  And I agree, they are way too expensive anyway.  I had one done mid-way through a B2B because mine were starting to look like crap, and I paid more than twice what I do at home.  Not worth it and I would never do it again on board.

As for a massage, I can kind of agree that it might be weird for them to do that together, but it really depends on the kind of relationship they have.  Only you would know that.  A facial would be nice, but if they have never had one before, then maybe not a good idea to have one during a vacation, unless it's towards the end.  I say this because some people have adverse reactions to facials, which can ruin a vacation.

What about booking appointments for them in the salon, for elegant night?  Assuming they like to dress up, that is.  They would probably appreciate having their hair professionally styled, and then you can treat them to nice portraits to commemorate the occasion.

The facials are very nice.  If they haven't had pedicures before cruising, that is nice too if you get the full one with warm wax.  A hot stone massage is very relaxing and special.    Book any of your choices in advance since it will be busier on sea days.

Brunch first, spoiling in the spa next.  Steakhouse for dinner.

Sounds perfect!

13 hours ago, bbtbear said:

I think it is wonderful that you want to spoil your ladies like this. 🙂 I'd recommend something at the spa that they can do together, like the couple massages or manicure/pedicure appointments at the same time. Or I'm pretty sure that the Magic has a Cloud 9 spa, so you could get them a couples pass to the thelassotherapy pool and thermal suite, which they could use together whenever they wanted throughout the week. Whatever you choose, I'd look for options where they can enjoy the experience together. The brunch sounds lovely. I see no reason why it would be a bad idea to book the steakhouse for the same night. I hope that they (and you!) have a delightful cruise. Cheers!

That really sounds nice. However, if booking the steakhouse make sure you and they have plenty of time to get cleaned up. Nothing's worse than enjoying hours at the spa, massage, steam rooms, Telassotherapy etc. and then realizing you have to chop chop and get cleaned up and ready for dinner. If I splurge for a spa treatment my go to is the deep bamboo massage. It gets into all the muscles. I feel like I was taken apart and put back together again. I've zzz'd out on the table and didn't feel like getting up. Of course, I can't just finish with the massage, I have to get a residual steam, infra red sauna and Thelassotherapy Whirlpool. Oh no! I'm due at dinner in less than 30 minutes. I'm on level 13 Spa level, my cabin and threads are on deck 2 and the premium restaurant is on level 10 and a half. (flight of steps up from buffet on Lido) You do the math. trying to get ready. I'm fashionable late. Every cruise, I swear I won't do this but, oh well "ship happens." I've missed my late MDR seating and it's pizza, the buffet which is usually closing. That's how I had to eat something from the Carnival Hurl Deli. (The only food outlet) on board that I don't like. The food quality and selections reminds me of the slop avilable at I-95 rest stops. Refer to one of my earlier thread selections about  me forgetting my key and having to go back and forth to the spa in just my towel after showering and on busy dress to the nine's night.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Why not get them a spa credit or carnival gift card so they can book the service they would prefer.

3 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Why not get them a spa credit or carnival gift card so they can book the service they would prefer.

I absolutely agree with this one.  You can’t go wrong letting them choose !!!!!! I would prefer to choose myself what I dad done there 

On the Magic, I would definitely do a day or week pass to the spa. The T-pool and loungers are awesome. (I am a dude. But just hearing my wife talk about the massages and mani/pedi, she definitely prefers that stuff off ship.)

7 hours ago, GradUT said:

Do you know that they enjoy this sort of thing because not all women do.   I’d just as soon have a sharp stick in the eye as a massage or a mani-pedi. 

Lol 😂 if for some reason it is gifted to you please send it my way.  I’m too cheap to spring for it myself lol

I would buy them either day pass to the thermal suites or a weekly pass ( weekly pass can be bought online ahead of time but will show up on the billing section of your statement. Daily pass must be purchased aboard ship). A daily pass is around $40ea. If you felt like they would really enjoy a facial or something then you could add that. I agree with those who say to schedule dinner a bit later in the evening. 

the only spa thing I've done on the ship was makeup and hair for elegant night and even that was hard to tear myself away from the fun I was having with my husband. The great thing about that though is that then you can have family pictures together that will always remind them of their spa time together,

For me, the rest of the stuff at the spa are things I can do at home and cheaper. On the ship, I like to spend my time doing cruise things that I can only do on a ship.

I have never enjoyed the SPA on a cruise because they spend way too much time trying to figure out your health problem to sell you expensive oils and rubs to cure all of your issues.  lol 

We get massages on the beach if we need it that week.

Also, if your ladies are the kind that keep their nails done, they will have definitely already done that before cruising. 

If not, that might be a nice treat.

My vote would be for the spa pass for the week for both ladies and they can enjoy what they like in there for relaxation.

21st birthday hangover would love the spa pass to detox...lol

I didn't see a sailing date so hopefully those passes aren't sold out already.

Have a great trip!

Spa pass. Then they can time their day and use it on a day(s) they don't need to prepare for a nice dinner. Adding a gift card would work, too. The spa has good specials on the first night and on port days. Have them do the spa tour when they board the first day, and specials often save around $50 if booked the day you board.