Current Veranda Menu on the Queen Victoria?

jeno

Does anyone know what menu they are currently serving in the Veranda on the Queen Victoria? We are wondering if it is a French menu or Steakouse menu.  We are boarding on Monday for a month.  TIA

We board Feb. 6, so these menus are useful.  Thanks!  But ultimately disappointing and probably not worth the cost of the upsale.  We'll look for the pop-up restaurants in the buffet at night.  Enjoyed those on the QM2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tv24 said:

We board Feb. 6, so these menus are useful.  Thanks!  But ultimately disappointing and probably not worth the cost of the upsale.  We'll look for the pop-up restaurants in the buffet at night.  Enjoyed those on the QM2.

they have also been doing a restaurant on the back lido deck at night once the ship hits the Pacific and the temps get a bit warmer. It also a nice venue, I agree about the Verandah though, the only decent thing left on there now is the Rum baba.  There verandah was always a good night out, I don/t think Ill be in there this coming trip (except for the freebie from World Club!)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

they have also been doing a restaurant on the back lido deck at night once the ship hits the Pacific and the temps get a bit warmer. It also a nice venue, I agree about the Verandah though, the only decent thing left on there now is the Rum baba.  There verandah was always a good night out, I don/t think Ill be in there this coming trip (except for the freebie from World Club!)

I’ll keep my eye out for the restaurant on the back deck of the Lido.  Thanks! 

2 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Thanks, Roscoe!  Will you be on the Victoria crossing of the Pacific next month?

35 minutes ago, tv24 said:

Thanks, Roscoe!  Will you be on the Victoria crossing of the Pacific next month?

well..therein lies the question...Im booked but I've had a little health intervention and should know on monday if I'm allowed to go....

fingers crossed but its in the lap of the Gods at the moment....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

well..therein lies the question...Im booked but I've had a little health intervention and should know on monday if I'm allowed to go....

Roscoe:  I hope you make it.  You seem to thoroughly enjoy Cunard so it would be fun to sail with you.  I will cross a few fingers as well.  Best of luck!

Tom

6 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

I know that feeling... God Bless and all the best to you!

15 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

I certainly hope you are healthy to make your trip. I really enjoy reading your blogs.

They should just change the name of the restaurant. The Verandah was meant to evoke the glamor of the same named restaurants on the original Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth. That means a menu which reflects what they would have served then, not steak and fries!

• Like 1

There doesn't look to be much difference between the lunch and dinner menu, so we might give it a whirl for lunch on a sea day using our loyalty perk. Dover sole looks favourite :classic_smile:

Last time we were on QV we were able to upgrade our lunch voucher for an evening reservation by paying an extra $10 per person, but not really worth it if in grills.

On 1/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, wripro said:

They should just change the name of the restaurant. The Verandah was meant to evoke the glamor of the same named restaurants on the original Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth. That means a menu which reflects what they would have served then, not steak and fries!

In the program today it is listed as Steakhouse At the Veranda.