Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZSandy25

Retreat on Hawaii Cruise??

We are booked on SD to Hawaii cruise leaving 2/3.   Eurodam has the retreat area on the ship, we used the retreat on a K-dam cruise and DH loved it.  I like a little sun, he prefers none, no walking around looking for a lounger etc.  I tend to run around the ship he likes to find a spot etc. It worked out well and we enjoyed the area and service.  We have never made this crossing before and have been researching about weather and temps., what has been your experience?

I have reserved a Cabana for the whole cruise and paid upfront, I still have time to cancel the reservation but once onboard I'm locked in.  For those of you who have done this crossing do you think we would get use out of that area or will it be too cold.  We are from Michigan so a light layer to be outdoors would be a welcome.

Thanks for any input.

We've done LA to Hawaii and San Francisco to Hawaii.  Both had a couple days of cool weather and two days warm weather during the crossing.

On our last cruise out to Hawaii in October, I don't think it got warm until we were about a third of the way from Hawaii to Australia.

One thing to keep in mind is that Hawaii doesn't do daylight savings time.   So, for one trip, we actually had three time changes during the crossing instead of two.

Other than the first maybe 48 hours, and perhaps the last 48 hours, you will be quite comfortable in the cabana.