Beach Limerz or Darkwood

theLCC1

Hi -- Hoping to get some assistance choosing between Limerz and Darkwood in November.

Family of 9 (6 adults, 3 teens) who are looking for a more personal experience. We usually do private tours or inclusive options and try to stay away from the crowds but I don't see any that jump out to me in Antigua.  Would like to not worry about rushing off the ship to get a chair/umbrella, variety of drinks (alcohol and non alcohol), restrooms, dining, things for the kids to do (paddleboard or water park), music etc.

I think we narrowed it down to Limerz or Darkwood but would love feedback from any of you who have been to either (or both) beaches or perhaps have other options?  Thank you!

At BeachLimerz right now and very happy we made this choice. Beach is small and quiet. View is gorgeous. Food is OUTSTANDING and we were told it’s all you can eat (but the platter presented when we sat down was more than enough)!

Mel is so courteous and laid back. Will definitely come here again and highly recommend. 

Thank you both for your responses!  That is great feedback on BeachLimerz and Gail was really fast in her response back to me via email which shows that she is customer service oriented.  Really appreciate the time you took to respond. 

On 1/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, theLCC1 said:

Thank you both for your responses!  That is great feedback on BeachLimerz and Gail was really fast in her response back to me via email which shows that she is customer service oriented.  Really appreciate the time you took to respond. 

Gail is awesome. Check out our video of our day in Antigua at Beach Limerz. It will give you a very good idea of what the beach, the bar, the restaurant and GAIL all look like! We were on the Celebrity Summit. Tell her you heard about it from the Conch Fritter Guy, and she will do something special for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beach Limerz looks wonderful. Is it easy to get to from the cruise port?

Do I need a reservation?  If so, what is the price. 

I went to their website but it didn’t give me a lot of information. 

How safe is it to travel by taxi when you are traveling by yourself?

thanks All!

8 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

Beach Limerz looks wonderful. Is it easy to get to from the cruise port?

Do I need a reservation?  If so, what is the price. 

I went to their website but it didn’t give me a lot of information. 

How safe is it to travel by taxi when you are traveling by yourself?

thanks All!

Beach Limerz is great! We will be spending the day there again in March. It is a quick 10 to 15 minute taxi ride from the pier, $5pp each way.  A reservation is a good idea, and Gail will arrange a taxi for you.  Send Gail an email and she will get back to you with all the information you need. She is a sweetheart. Tell her The Conch Fritter Guy recommended you book at Beach Limerz! 

We were at Darkwood about 3 weeks ago and it was amazing. It is a quiet beach with the most beautiful water ever. There is a great restaurant and bar. It was perfect. My new favorite Caribbean Beach. We were on a 14 day cruise, visited 8 islands and Darkwood was number 1