Cruise Critic Community
sunlover2

Blue Lagoon, Rose Island or Pearl Island????

DH and I have not been to Nassau for about 20+ years. Will be there via RCCL late February from 7 am til 5pm.   We are a couple in our late 50's, with 2 other couples, looking for a clean beach with a restaurant/bar. Very torn between Blue Lagoon, Pearl Island and Rose Island. 

**Rose seems to be a bit far and have read that there are alot of stairs/up and down walking which does not work well with 1 of our friends. True?

**Blue seems to be more lagoon like vs open waters and many more children. VIP section seems to be not worth it and rocky shore where aqua shoes are needed.

**Pearl has been said to be very small and not much to do.

Can anyone help out by giving any info on these 3 choices? Thank you so much in advance!!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:14 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

We looked at YouTube videos, and picked Pearl Island.  We will be there first week in Feb, and I will try to remember to do a review 🙂

Wondered if you had a review of Pearl Island? Going the end of March and I am torn between these choices also. Hilton day pass is in the mix too! Thanks

Here is my review that I posted...

I would for sure do the Pearl Island trip again.

summary: great if you want a secluded small tropical island to beach or snorkel on.  Maybe a little boring for kids.

loved: nice bar, lots of different shady/sunny spots to lay in, great pictures from the lighthouse, sandy beach with kayaks/paddleboard (free), so pretty, nice scenery on the ride over and back. The fish at lunch was amazing!

didnt love:  they told us lunch would be at 10, but was really at 11:30.  This was only annoying because lunch was at the far side of the island, and people kept walking way over there to see if the food was ready.

also didn’t love that there were 2 dogs loose on the island who pooed everywhere.  I wasn’t expecting there to be poo on the island.  Also didn’t love that they no longer gave a welcome drink and photo- since it was part of the package when we signed up, it feels like kind of a “bait and switch”.

274731BB-D043-4DCE-8440-1BEC125ADF4B.jpeg

I'm leaning towards doing the pearl island trip.  Just 1 question.  If we are there and want to head back to the ship.  is it a group trip back?  or is there multiple trips back we can just jump on another one?

thanks!

Thanks for the fast reply.  Place looks cool. but i don't want to be stuck there if i'd like to get back to the ship.