Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
betmust

? about Picking free specialty dining on cruise

Recommended Posts

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, betmust said:

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

 

Thanks

I believe the limit is $20 for the entree but I am not sure as we rarely would order anything over $20 plus, of course you get an appetizer and dessert.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I believe the limit is $20 for the entree but I am not sure as we rarely would order anything over $20 plus, of course you get an appetizer and dessert.  

No. There is no price limit for the specially dining package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shof515 said:

No. There is no price limit for the specially dining package. 

thanks, I am always confused about this. I knew someone would have the right answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, betmust said:

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

 

Thanks

There is no $ limit on entree.

My understanding is that you can have multiple apps and desserts but only 1 entree and that is all included in the specialty dining package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

There is no $ limit on entree.

My understanding is that you can have multiple apps and desserts but only 1 entree and that is all included in the specialty dining package.

You are correct....at Cagney's you get 1 entree, as many apps, sides and desserts as you can eat and they also take the UBP for alcoholic drinks.  And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire.

Not quite right.  Enforcement of the dress code may be lax, but the dress code itself is not as lax as you've written.   For example, see  https://www.ncl.com/bge/first-time-cruiser under "what to pack".

 

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

 

 

 

 

Edited by PATRLR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

If you KNOW that you don't know the correct answer, then why answer at all?

IF you are platinum, as a perk for being platinum you do get a voucher that does a have price limit. I could see some confusion about this and confusion on which one to use. If you are platinum, when you are checked into the restaurant, tell the wait staff which perk you want to use if you have both the platinum voucher and dinning package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Not quite right.  Enforcement of the dress code may be lax, but the dress code itself is not as lax as you've written.   For example, see  https://www.ncl.com/bge/first-time-cruiser under "what to pack".

 

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

 

 

 

 

Have seen it in Cagney's on the Escape on multiple cruises, so once again if it is not officially allowed, it's another cruisers interpretation of the rule to cross the line, push boundaries and emphasize their membership in the "me generation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum coupon = 1 of each: app/entree/dessert (not sure about sides, more than one is probably fine?)

Specialty Dining Package (either paid for Free at Sea perk) = many apps/desserts, one entree.

 

Sometimes the staff gets confused about what the SDP allows (or maybe on purpose) and will tell you it's limited to one of each, but the T&C say you will only be charged if you get multiple entrees. The system won't charge you for multiple apps/desserts as long as you're using an SDP credit (unless the T&C changes between now and your cruise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Have seen it in Cagney's on the Escape on multiple cruises, so once again if it is not officially allowed, it's another cruisers interpretation of the rule to cross the line, push boundaries and emphasize their membership in the "me generation."

 

I believe that the point that PATRLR is making is that telling someone that the dress code is lax and that they can wear a baseball cap is partially misleading.

 

Even if people often get away with wearing a hat (that isn't allowed under the dress code), it's bad advice to tell people that they can wear a baseball hat.

 

It's like telling an inexperienced driver that they can drive 80mph on a highway with a 70mph speed limit. Yes, you often see it and most get away with it but it isn't advisable.

 

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire. 

 

Someone who isn't familiar with the dress code might be  more likely to wear a hat after reading that post. :classic_huh:

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only place to wear a baseball cap is at a BASEBALL game. It looks classless and shabby. Also makes it look like you couldn't take the time to wash your hair or clean up enough for a nice dinner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, betmust said:

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

 

Thanks

Yes, if it is a platinum perk.  I think that it is 1 app., 1 entree  $20.00 or less with sides, and 1 dessert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FPJC03 said:

The only place to wear a baseball cap is at a BASEBALL game. It looks classless and shabby. Also makes it look like you couldn't take the time to wash your hair or clean up enough for a nice dinner. 

👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...