Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Corfu - Theotoky Winery excursion

I think this might be new because I can find nothing about it.  Viking has a very nice description of it.  But it doesn't actually say that it includes wine tasting.  Would be a shame if you can't try the wine.  Maybe this is a good question for tellus.

SCENIC CORFU AND THEOTOKY ESTATE & WINERY

DURATION: 3.5 HOURS      

RAISE A GLASS TO CORFU’S DRAMATIC PANORAMAS

View Corfu’s stunning vistas and sample one of its most beloved products at a local winery. Enjoy a scenic drive with your guide into the unspoiled Ropa Valley, a richly textured canvas of pine trees, olive groves and vineyards. Stop at the Theotoky Estate to learn about one of Greece’s premier wine labels. Thirty acres of vines thrive here, and during your visit you will see how Theotoky wine is produced, tour the wine press and stroll about the farm. The wine is produced using traditional techniques of fermentation and saturation in oak barrels, a process which creates natural stability and superb quality and taste. Next, continue to Paleokastritsa, a picturesque resort of fine beaches, wooded hills and crystal clear sheltered bays. Stop at the traditional village of Lakones, high in the mountains, to glimpse daily life and admire stunning panoramas before returning to your ship.

Maybe to answer my own question... I do see on the very first page before the detailed description, it does say "... sample one of its most beloved products..." but that is not on the description page.

I think you did.  I took the blue cave excursion to the beach area and it was delightful.  This still will leave you time to go on the included I bet.  There are shuttles as the port is away from the city.  I mean, if you know what you are looking for you can see the city from the port but it is a distance.DSC02877.thumb.JPG.fbcd393d1589575576ffcdcaa4ccae86.JPG

I just looked at our shore excursion details, and there is no mention of a tasting.  However, I can't imagine that you would go to a winery and not get a tasting.  And it does indicate this tour includes a 'snack' :classic_smile: