Belize City Beach Break

travellgirl

Good morning. 

We will be on the March 10 sailing of the Breakaway.

Has anyone done the Beach Break from Belize City?  I was wondering what the beach was like that they take you to.  Sandy,  no rocks?

Also, would anyone know the name of the beach.  It says it’s a private island

Thank you for any information. 

The March 10 sailing stops in both Belize City and Harvest Caye.  The excursion the OP is asking about would be on a different day than the Harvest Caye stop.  Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Belize City.

Edited by timf2001

We did the private island out of Belize City in 2014 and it was lovely, a storm had passed though the week before so there was some seaweed but not un-swimable. Lively guide to the island with lots of explanation on the mangroves. Even got to see dolphins will on the transfer boat. Our captain stopped so everyone could get pictures.

FYI they rent these flotation rafts for like 5 bucks or was 5. Worth every penny because the lounge chairs are hard wood slates.We rented two and laid in the sun very comfortably on them.

Belize City would be a tender port.  At Harvest Caye you dock.

About 2011 or 2012, I did an excursion booked through Norwegian for Belize City. which made me very uncomfortable.  I was very happy to get back on the ship safely.  Maybe it was just me because I am a widow traveling alone. 

10 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

Found a review, I was thinking of doing this on the Feb 2 sailing http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/beex08.html

I loved Belize City when we were there in 2016, we did the LAMANAI RUINS & RIVER SAFARI, scenery was beautiful and the people were lovely.

OMG That excursion was excellent, we did it in 2015. Shame NCL has basically given Belize City the boot

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

OMG That excursion was excellent, we did it in 2015. Shame NCL has basically given Belize City the boot

yes, I was quite disappointed in Harvest Caye in 2017, we weren't going to get off the ship this time but hubby had hip replacement in Dec and we aren't sure if he will be able to tender (next 2 stops are tender)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Belize City would be a tender port.  At Harvest Caye you dock.

About 2011 or 2012, I did an excursion booked through Norwegian for Belize City. which made me very uncomfortable.  I was very happy to get back on the ship safely.  Maybe it was just me because I am a widow traveling alone. 

Beach excursions in Belize City leave directly from the ship and go straight to the island. There is no trip into Belize City, so there is nothing to be concerned about.

21 hours ago, zqvol said:

Beach excursions in Belize City leave directly from the ship and go straight to the island. There is no trip into Belize City, so there is nothing to be concerned about.

Thats interesting, we were there in 2014-15 and did the same beach excursion. Once we left from Belize City and where brought back to the ship. The other time it was the complete opposite. We left from the ship and were dropped off at the docks in Belize City