Jump to content
lindatoo

Bad weather

Recommended Posts

For those of you that are in the snow zones and are going on a cruise this weekend, get out of town now. Call the airlines and try to get a seat out tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our snow/high winds is hitting this afternoon. It must go through Midwest before it gets to East coast.

 

The news sometimes forget we exist in the Midwest.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be more specific and sure of yourself before you issue a frantic alarm like this. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow morning and for us it will not be snow until late that evening. Stop the madness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

You should be more specific and sure of yourself before you issue a frantic alarm like this. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow morning and for us it will not be snow until late that evening. Stop the madness!

Exactly - this is our second storm this week. Others are not affected.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

You should be more specific and sure of yourself before you issue a frantic alarm like this. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow morning and for us it will not be snow until late that evening. Stop the madness!

Guess what? it snows in the midwest also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

It is not helpful to make very broad predictions on the effect of the weather.

I had said in the snow zones.  If I was in Chicago area and I was going on a cruise this weekend I would ask the airline to change my reservation if possible.  

This was not a way to throw people in a panic, just a word of advice.

Chill out everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how much more difficult air travel has become with the federal government shutdown (e.g. very long lines to go thru TSA checkpoints),  advising people to change their reservations, even if it was possible at this late date, is imprudent IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Considering how much more difficult air travel has become with the federal government shutdown (e.g. very long lines to go thru TSA checkpoints),  advising people to change their reservations, even if it was possible at this late date, is imprudent IMHO.

We are leaving on Harmony of the Seas Sunday the Regal Princess on the 27th. Live in Kansas City. There was a forecast of some ice Wednesday night (didn’t happen). Southwest canceled 6 early departures Thursday am. No other airlines canceled any flights. Ours left on time at 8:10. You need to remember that if your flight is canceled you may not be able to get out the same day. It could be one or two days later. Most flights are close to full so it’s hard to get a seat. Just watch the weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pilot said:

We are leaving on Harmony of the Seas Sunday the Regal Princess on the 27th. Live in Kansas City. There was a forecast of some ice Wednesday night (didn’t happen). Southwest canceled 6 early departures Thursday am. No other airlines canceled any flights. Ours left on time at 8:10. You need to remember that if your flight is canceled you may not be able to get out the same day. It could be one or two days later. Most flights are close to full so it’s hard to get a seat. Just watch the weather. 

I now fly in 2 days early regardless where I fly (if catching a cruise). There are too many issues involved that can cause delay. In the midwest also and we did have ice glaze Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Glad it missed you!

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coral said:

I now fly in 2 days early regardless where I fly (if catching a cruise). There are too many issues involved that can cause delay. In the midwest also and we did have ice glaze Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Glad it missed you!

I do the same.  Even though I live in southern CA and all we have is rain, it's the connections that can mess you up due to weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omaha, NE airport closed due to Southwest Airlines sliding off runway due to black ice. All the reason to fly in a few days early just in case something like this happens or happens to the plane you are connecting with.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this "bad weather,  snow" of which you speak......??  West coaster here......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

What is this "bad weather,  snow" of which you speak......??  West coaster here......

 

This west coaster has been getting pretty cranky about all the rain we've had here the last five or six days.  Apparently, all those storms have headed east and are dumping massive volumes of snow.

 

Oh, and we are looking at temperatures in the 70s/80s, tomorrow.  That is why I live here.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with Daniel Skjeldam, CEO Hurtigruten
      • Win a 7-Night Romantic Danube Luxury River Cruise with AmaWaterways
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×