PATH Weekend World Trade Center Closure 2019

138east

Look at the bright side - an opportunity for a free ferry ride from Exchange Place to Brookfield Place near the 911 Memorial. I may do just that when I’m there in 2 weeks.

Beginning January 5, 2019 through December 20, 2020, PATH’s World Trade Center Station will close every weekend, excluding major holidays, in order to replace equipment damaged during Superstorm Sandy. The station will close at 12:01 a.m. on Saturdays, reopening at 5 a.m. on Mondays.

During this time, PATH service to World Trade Center will terminate at Exchange Place Station. Each Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., transfer will be available for NY Waterway ferry service between Harborside Ferry Landing in Jersey City and Brookfield Place Terminal in New York City. Service on the JSQ-33 via HOB line will follow a regular weekend schedule with additional service during overnight hours when the ferry is not operating.

See below for more details.

PATH Train Service Map

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigeck said:

Just saw this tonight. Thanks for posting.

I thought I had it all sorted.

I've to be at Penn  on Sunday 6th Oct to get the 8.15 Adirondack train to Montreal. 

This does not really affect you. However your timing is very tight to disembark and get to New York Penn Station. What is your plan?  Do you have the light rail and Path Sunday scheduled?

4 hours ago, 138east said:

This does not really affect you. However your timing is very tight to disembark and get to New York Penn Station. What is your plan?  Do you have the light rail and Path Sunday scheduled?

I don't really have anything planned yet. I've been following your other thread and trying to work out the best way.

I have booked the Double Tree at Newark. I need to be at Penn for the train leaving at 8.15.

I was looking at walking to Newark station and taking the train. 

I can change hotels, I got DT for £111. Near Penn they are all £200.

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

I don't really have anything planned yet. I've been following your other thread and trying to work out the best way.

I have booked the Double Tree at Newark. I need to be at Penn for the train leaving at 8.15.

I was looking at walking to Newark station and taking the train. 

I can change hotels, I got DT for £111. Near Penn they are all £200.

Let be sure I understand exactly what you’re doing before I give advice. You’re arriving on Anthem Oct 5 and have booked Hilton Doubletree at Newark Airport. On Oct 6 you need to catch an 8:15 train from New York Penn Station. If those are your current plans, I would be staying in downtown Newark at the Hilton Penn Station or the Robert Treat on Oct 5. If you want to go to Newark Penn Station by public transit from the port, you go to the taxi dispatcher and tell him you want to go to the light rail ($6 plus tip), you take the light rail to Exchange Place ($2.25) and PATH from Exchange Place to Newark Penn Station. Are you planning to go into NYC on Oct 5?  On Oct 6 you would take NJ Transit from Newark Penn Station early enough to have some connect time at New York Penn Station. Plan B would be to take PATH from Newark to Journal Square and transfer to the Journal Square to 33rd St train and walk west on 32nd St to NY Penn Station. 

You our would have most of Oct 5 to go into NYC to explore. 

29 minutes ago, 138east said:

et be sure I understand exactly what you’re doing before I give advice. You’re arriving on Anthem Oct 5 and have booked Hilton Doubletree at Newark Airport. On Oct 6 you need to catch an 8:15 train from New York Penn Station. If those are your current plans, I would be staying in downtown Newark at the Hilton Penn Station or the Robert Treat on Oct 5. If you want to go to Newark Penn Station by public transit from the port, you go to the taxi dispatcher and tell him you want to go to the light rail ($6 plus tip), you take the light rail to Exchange Place ($2.25) and PATH from Exchange Place to Newark Penn Station. Are you planning to go into NYC on Oct 5?  On Oct 6 you would take NJ Transit from Newark Penn Station early enough to have some connect time at New York Penn Station. Plan B would be to take PATH from Newark to Journal Square and transfer to the Journal Square to 33rd St train and walk west on 32nd St to NY Penn Station. 

You our would have most of Oct 5 to go into NYC to explore.  

Thanks. I should have explained better.

I'm flying in to SWF on Sat 5th. I'm getting a shuttle to The Port Authority Bus Terminal. I'll get a train to Newark Penn as I have changed to the Robert Treat.

On the 6th I will get the train from Newark Penn to Penn Nyc and get the train to Montreal. I'm staying in Montreal then getting the train to Quebec in the morning to get on Adventure of the Seas to Fort Lauderdale.

Does this sound ok

Edited by bigeck

On the New Jersey Transit site, I found the train leaving at 6.15m am and arriving at Penn at 6.35

£5.25. Is that the one I should get. I was thinking doing that on Saturday afternoon once I check into the hotel to see where I am going the next morning

Edited by bigeck

20 minutes ago, bigeck said:

On the New Jersey Transit site, I found the train leaving at 6.15m am and arriving at Penn at 6.35

£5.25. Is that the one I should get. I was thinking doing that on Saturday afternoon once I check into the hotel to see where I am going the next morning

That should give you ample time. It’s $5.25 which is less than 5.25 pounds. You can easily go into NYC to enjoy Sat afternoon and evening. In Penn Station Amtrak has a special waiting area that you can only access with an Amtrak ticket. 

2 hours ago, 138east said:

That should give you ample time. It’s $5.25 which is less than 5.25 pounds. You can easily go into NYC to enjoy Sat afternoon and evening. In Penn Station Amtrak has a special waiting area that you can only access with an Amtrak ticket. 

Perfect. Thanks for your help. $$ sounds better to me.

If you ever come to Edinburgh, give me a shout

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

138 East - you seem to have a wealth of information.  Thanks for the "heads up" on the PATH service to WTC Memorial. We're returning from a Bermuda cruise (Summit departing Bayonne, NJ 6/16) on June 27th and have booked a hotel in Jersey City for 4 nights. Monday, July 1st we need to get to LGA mid morning for an afternoon flight back to Dallas.  Do you have a recommendation?  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, luv2ski2 said:

138 East - you seem to have a wealth of information.  Thanks for the "heads up" on the PATH service to WTC Memorial. We're returning from a Bermuda cruise (Summit departing Bayonne, NJ 6/16) on June 27th and have booked a hotel in Jersey City for 4 nights. Monday, July 1st we need to get to LGA mid morning for an afternoon flight back to Dallas.  Do you have a recommendation?  Thanks!  

Dial 7 or Carmellimo.  Please start a new thread for other questions.  This thread is pinned at the top of the board for specific questions or comments about PATH World Trade Center service interruptions in 2019.

• 3 months later...

PATH details from their web site.  Many details - worth reading the fine print if this affects you.  This is  2019-2020 project.  Please post questions on the main board.

https://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisories/advisories-path-weekend-closures.html

Some high level highlights from the web site. 

Beginning January 5, 2019 through December 20, 2020, PATH's World Trade Center Station will close every weekend, excluding major holidays, in order to replace equipment damaged during Superstorm Sandy. The station will close at 12:01 a.m. on Saturdays, reopening at 5 a.m. on Mondays.

During this time, PATH service to World Trade Center will terminate at Exchange Place Station. Each Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., transfer will be available for NY Waterway ferry service between Harborside Ferry Landing in Jersey City and Brookfield Place Terminal in New York City. Service on the JSQ-33 via HOB line will follow a regular weekend schedule.

• 1 year later...