Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

On 1/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, POA1 said:

We did not get charged for our milkshakes. I just double checked our final bill. They were credited off to the beverage package. 

Which beverage package did you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cafabi said:

Which beverage package did you have?

Elite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just want to confirm that milkshakes are NOT included in the Signature package. Is that right? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cafabi said:

So I just want to confirm that milkshakes are NOT included in the Signature package. Is that right? Thanks.

 

I think the best answer is Maybe, Maybe not ....

 

As with all things HAL it seems to depend on which ship you are on, as well as individual staff on board whether you will be charged or not.  Perhaps from Dive-In they are included but not at the Gelato stand (Kdam/Nieuw Statendam).  Perhaps you Sail Ooosterdam in May and they are included, but sail her again in June and now they are charging ......  or heck even go at 11am on Tuesday and it's included but at 4pm on Thursday with different staff working they charge............

 

If you read enough threads on here you can seem a DEFINITE pattern - in that HAL is WILDLY inconsistent and what is true today will not be true tomorrow, or next week, next month or even 30 minutes from now.  Contacting Seattle seems to be of little to no help as you get different answers every time you call.  It's frustrating to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

I think the best answer is Maybe, Maybe not ....

 

As with all things HAL it seems to depend on which ship you are on, as well as individual staff on board whether you will be charged or not.  Perhaps from Dive-In they are included but not at the Gelato stand (Kdam/Nieuw Statendam).  Perhaps you Sail Ooosterdam in May and they are included, but sail her again in June and now they are charging ......  or heck even go at 11am on Tuesday and it's included but at 4pm on Thursday with different staff working they charge............

 

If you read enough threads on here you can seem a DEFINITE pattern - in that HAL is WILDLY inconsistent and what is true today will not be true tomorrow, or next week, next month or even 30 minutes from now.  Contacting Seattle seems to be of little to no help as you get different answers every time you call.  It's frustrating to say the least!

Good to know. No wonder I can't find an answer! I will send my husband to order since he somehow manages to get free refills at places that charge for refills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, Cafabi said:

So I just want to confirm that milkshakes are NOT included in the Signature package. Is that right? Thanks.

 

I honestly don't know. We ordered milkshakes on the Zuiderdam and they never showed up on our account. Both the SBP and the EBP include the Quench package of unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. 

 

See the attached at

 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/3566d0db-4235-4587-917d-71ad025f3aab/22012436c95cc2776bcd12b54e09cbf9

 

They may have clarified it for the beverage package handout. I'd ask if a milkshake was considered "food" and not "beverage." Then I'd order one. I'd let it melt and ask for a refund or replacement because it stopped being a food and became a beverage. (Honestly, I don't think it would come to that. But if it did, I would absolutely post about it. Repeatedly.) 

 

We gave our cards to the cabana attendants when we ordered our shakes, but we were not charged. DW informed me that there were alcoholic shakes on the Zuiderdam menu. By which she meant milkshakes with booze, not delerium tremens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they have milkshakes on the Maasdam? We are boarding in 51 days and my DH will be thrilled if milkshakes are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, POA1 said:

 

I honestly don't know. We ordered milkshakes on the Zuiderdam and they never showed up on our account. Both the SBP and the EBP include the Quench package of unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. 

 

See the attached at

 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/3566d0db-4235-4587-917d-71ad025f3aab/22012436c95cc2776bcd12b54e09cbf9

 

They may have clarified it for the beverage package handout. I'd ask if a milkshake was considered "food" and not "beverage." Then I'd order one. I'd let it melt and ask for a refund or replacement because it stopped being a food and became a beverage. (Honestly, I don't think it would come to that. But if it did, I would absolutely post about it. Repeatedly.) 

 

We gave our cards to the cabana attendants when we ordered our shakes, but we were not charged. DW informed me that there were alcoholic shakes on the Zuiderdam menu. By which she meant milkshakes with booze, not delerium tremens. 

This is too funny. You sound like you are also the kind of person who charms people out of free refills without even asking.
Thanks for the brochure; I could never had dreamed up some of those things without a menu to inspire me. The fact that milkshakes aren't specifically included is disappointing, but I will certainly try. I will report back if I have to resort to your melted food method ;). This is the first time I've had the beverage package, and I can tell that I'd better pack the elastic waist pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on NA now and have the Elite pkg. In the name of research,  we took one for the team and ordered 2 chocolate milkshakes yesterday and we were not charged. It was credited to our Bev pkg. They were excellent btw. If you really want the Bubble of Awesome experience, the milkshake is a requirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you fatcat for your sacrifice. Was this at the Dive In? If you know a selfless fellow passenger with the Signature package who would be willing to conduct a bit of research of their own, we would love to know the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

We are on NA now and have the Elite pkg. In the name of research,  we took one for the team and ordered 2 chocolate milkshakes yesterday and we were not charged. It was credited to our Bev pkg. They were excellent btw. If you really want the Bubble of Awesome experience, the milkshake is a requirement. 

 

So this means they should be covered by the beverage cards I've been given. I will check to be sure on my 2/13 K'dam cruise - also in the name of research and the Bubble of Awesome experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, Despegue said:

Ooooh! Chocolate/peanutbutter shakes!! MUST HAVE NOW!

 

sorry. I am bored at home due to Kidney Colics/ stone. 

 

 

Hope you feel better very soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cafabi said:

Thank you fatcat for your sacrifice. Was this at the Dive In? If you know a selfless fellow passenger with the Signature package who would be willing to conduct a bit of research of their own, we would love to know the outcome.

On NA we got them at the lido pool bar. It's the closest bar to the Dive In. You can get unleaded ( no shot of booze) or leaded. Dh went for leaded and had some Bailey's  added, and again charged to the Bev pkg. 

 

Also the French fries and burgers are amazing at the Dive in and in the mdr!!

This research could get addictive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...