Cruise Critic Community
bahacca

Circle C Ensenada/Catalina Schedule/Review

Here are the activities for Circle C. Note it says they are open until 1 am, however, several times our kids were asked to leave at 10:30 or 11 pm. So when people complain about tweens/teens running around the ship at night, they can thank Carnival staff for not doing their jobs. Most of the late night activities never happened. Granted there were not a whole lot of kids on a Jan. 13 cruise, but...

Also, one of our kids got asked to leave for wearing fluffy pajama pants. My daughter was asked to "stand up" because she was bending over in a short dress, but she had shorts (and not booty shorts) that covered everything on underneath. I have yet to find a dress code for Circle C or anywhere else on the ship other than the dining room (and we all know how loose they are with those rules). I mean, there was a lady in a thong bikini on the water slide with kids, so how is my daughter bending over with shorts on an awful thing? And pajama pants??  I'm thinking it may have been the lady who was in charge being a pain. 

The kids did have fun doing Just Dance with their friends and playing video games and some other games they had there. 

circle c 2.pdf

Circle C 1 .pdf

Thanks for posting. We will be on this cruise with 3 tweens (2 of them, mine) over spring break. Hoping there will be more kids around then! 

Other than the poor service in Circle C, did your kids like the club and the cruise and the ports? We were just on horizon over Christmas, so a bit concerned there will not be enough to keep them busy....but so short it will be over before we get bored, lol. 

My kids were with a group of 7 friends in Circle C, so they had plenty of people to hang out with that they knew. I think there were only 4 or 5 other kids in that club on the rest of the ship. They have some games to play and they have Mario Cart and Just Dance. 

As for the cruise itself, we missed Catalina due to weather. I know others have enjoyed renting the golf carts and going around the island with this age group. My family didn't disembark at Ensenada. One family took a bus to the blowhole. Their daughter complained the whole time that she was missing her friends. They were encouraged to spend some awful amount of money to go see a zoo or something with tigers. She wouldn't go. We both work in rescue here in the states, so we know the animals are treated poorly, often having teeth and claws removed so they can do "photo ops". 

There was trivia-Michael Jackson, Harry Potter, General, 1960s music, movie line(which most movies were rated R, so....). Our kids spent lots of time roaming around, eating way too much food and just hanging around. I would suggest bringing small board games, card games, books even if they enjoy reading. Mad Libs would be fun too. There is also a ping pong table, shuffleboard and cornhole on board. Weather should be better over spring break, so the waterslide may keep them occupied as well. It was 60* and stormy most of our trip, so....

One thing my girls LOVED that others didn't do was order virgin drinks at Alchemy Bar. They use fresh fruits and real fruit syrups. Just have your kids tell the mixologists what fruits they like, and they will mix something up. One of mine ordered pomegranite and blueberry and the other wanted muddled berries in hers. There is also a coffee shop with frappes, etc. Both kids said they will now order these drinks as opposed to their usual sugar laden pina coladas and strawberry daquaris. My kids are foodies, so they loved the fruit bisques each night, and one orders shrimp cocktail every night. Their friends ordered hamburgers and such. 

We were on that cruise with you. I did see a few kids roaming the ship but not many. After your review I’m glad we left out DS10 home. I would have been pissed if they kicked the kids out early. 

1 hour ago, Sotermarler said:

We were on that cruise with you. I did see a few kids roaming the ship but not many. After your review I’m glad we left out DS10 home. I would have been pissed if they kicked the kids out early. 

At age 10, your son would have been in a different club. Circle C is for ages 12-14.