Cabin types on MS Nordkapp

We have booked a 12 day voyage on Nordkapp sailing on 17 October through Titan Holidays & our cabin is described as a "double cabin, USPD grade - this is a higher deck cabin"

I have been trying to look for more information but there seem to be some deck plans which mention "Arctic Superior" cabins with double beds & some which just show cabins with twin beds of which one is a converted sofa? I'm assuming one is from before & one after the recent refit but which is which & is the cabin we have paid extra for likely to be a double with unimpeded views?

We are really looking forward to this trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I can help you a bit with that.

The grade you mention - USPD - means a guarantee cabin,  called "Arctic superior" on one of the upper decks with a double bed, even though you must realize that this type of cabin still is quite small. You will be assigned a cabin when boarding. Deck 5 cabins have the promenade deck in front of you which is something some like and some don't (easy access to the deck vs. people standing in front of your window) , some views are restricted. The Nordkapp is one of those ships renovated in Scandinavian style in 2016.

The advantage of those guarantees is the lower price if you compare it to similar categories where you can choose your cabin number ( look for yourself at Hurtigruten's website) , but of course you might be assigned one of those that are less coveted. Sometimes upgrades are offered but I don't know if they are for free or have to be paid for.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much @grayjay, that's exactly the right answer, and @Royksuk, I’m thrilled you’ll be joining us! Fall is a lovely time to cruise along Norway’s coast, I think you’ll really enjoy yourselves. USPD does typically come with one double bed and, while your cabin will have a railing and walkway outside, I don’t believe it will impede your viewpoint too much.