VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Katie:

Our butler told us she would get us a table and leave it in our suite all week if we plan to have room service. She said unfortunately they don't have enough for everyone, but they do have some. I didn't take one since we have so many other places to try this week. 

With our lounger and the rocker, we are happy!  Love this suite! 🙂

We are trying to decide on a booking or two for tomorrow ... See you at the cabin crawl - this could be very interesting! 😉

Please send us pic of the table they will bring you, open and closed ( if it does close).

We have those old fashioned folding tray tables, 4 to a set, that store on a stand. I keep them in a closet.  Perhaps they could use something like this. 

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

image.thumb.png.607693a1da7c1debd7459f7f2ee12219.png

Denisa said she could take the two chairs in and put another lounger out there if we wanted.

They cemented down the soap dish - maybe that diverts the water and then the curtain helps the accidental spraying outward. It works well and we love the shower.

image.thumb.png.33cd7bde4721bcd7aaa9eb2d30cea5af.png

Denisa will check on the CS shower and whether a curtain was added and about the balcony furniture for the CS and RS. 🙂

Wow, nice photos. This showcases a nice large balcony and the lounger fits perfectly.

Also no water leaking out of the tub is a major improvement. 

TY for posting. 😍😍

25 minutes ago, kearney said:

I thought I would pass this on... I had a friend we met on a past Celebrity cruise... who is on Silhouette... measure the usable space on a basic balcony cabin... in this case C3... to see how it compares to IV cabin (specifically my E3).. It was 8'5" x 6'6"..... or 53 sq ft... vs our cabin.... 7'4" x 4'6" or 33 sq ft. So those verandas are 60% larger... key reason for no loungers and tiny tables. Note they are advertised as 54 sq ft... vs Edge... some places 42 and others 40. With that in mind... not the decorators fault for furniture choices... I wonder how a Sky suite veranda compares to a C3 veranda....  

VT is the Club a good place to listen to live mello music before dinner? I keep thinking of it as a disco type place.

We will likely go to the Club tonight. Henry has been there with mellow music and enjoyed the venue.

I did a walk around this morning and Eden and the Solarium are amazing places for relaxing and mellow. I was paying attention to canned music in each place. Those two places have nice soothing music and very happy relaxed feel. The pool had the booming music - moderate level. Hardly anyone there but it is still a bit chilly. Solarium was warm and soothing. 3BF6D1C5-316E-4582-AEE6-EB7651F6BC4E.thumb.jpeg.cd7cb8cf4b3ec9b32a7ffdc64ef4bc1b.jpegD66BC5A0-A083-4BE0-AD7D-7D38BCAF2A92.thumb.jpeg.fec0d89b47be25d0879c888ab9d140e3.jpeg

0378CF37-4DBD-406A-B011-74B7294D5207.thumb.jpeg.a90c1a90958a72a801cffe1483710d6a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I talked to someone in Blu (experienced X cruiser) and she said there wasn’t a noise issue because of the screens, but the room gets loud when crowded because it is one big room. She said the other X ships with the “paint can wall” helped block the sound. I guess the outside seating isn’t being used because it is too windy when the ship is moving and too hot when in port. Yesterday would have been perfect since it was 66 in port. 

They have been enjoying Blu very much. 

39 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I did a walk around this morning and Eden and the Solarium are amazing places for relaxing and mellow. I was paying attention to canned music in each place. Those two places have nice soothing music and very happy relaxed feel. The pool had the booming music - moderate level. Hardly anyone there but it is still a bit chilly. Solarium was warm and soothing. 3BF6D1C5-316E-4582-AEE6-EB7651F6BC4E.thumb.jpeg.cd7cb8cf4b3ec9b32a7ffdc64ef4bc1b.jpegD66BC5A0-A083-4BE0-AD7D-7D38BCAF2A92.thumb.jpeg.fec0d89b47be25d0879c888ab9d140e3.jpeg

0378CF37-4DBD-406A-B011-74B7294D5207.thumb.jpeg.a90c1a90958a72a801cffe1483710d6a.jpeg

Just beautiful. With the amazing views, the architecture, decor,  coffee and food area, and access to the o utside area, this is a great place to hang out. 

Thanks again for hitting some of my spots..Solarium, EDEN in daytime for mellow...Your photos are awesome 

BLU sounds not so great.( although it's the food that matters, I guess). We moved to  BLU yrs ago  to avoid MDR congestion and the ever present MDR  din. Maybe at the earlier time, which is when we dine,  it will be less noisy!  Sal looked at the outdoor area and said No Way...too industrial looking!

We may change our Rooftop Grill dinner res..seems the space is too iffy weatherwise and windy.  We will decide today and maybe try the Seafood Place instead..  or a big lunch at the Bistro with  buffet for  dinner.. 

VT:  Somewhere I read a post showing a menu in Lumina. And it looked very limited. Knowing that you ate there on this cruise is that the case?  We had planned on eating there most of the nights but might not if the menu is limited. We were in a S1 last year on the Eclipse and enjoyed Lumina immensely. 

10 hours ago, Oville said:

We are currently in 11268 and the lounger is here as it was requested by the previous occupants.  Yesterday the butler took away the tray/tabletop of the veranda table since it was in really bad shape but now we are left with a much smaller table.  Another follow up tomorrow as today’s did not result in a new top.  You’ll be glad to know we had a very noisy bathroom door repaired today.  The nice guy who fixed it said “wow, that sounds like a big cow”.

The cabin itself is very nice, love the aft location and the large veranda.  

Katie

Thank goodness they fixed that bovine sounding door! We never said anything about it but it was a serious nuisance. Maybe they will replace the verandah table with something more appropriate? Hope springs eternal... 😉

• Like 1

VT, loved your pics of the view from Eden Cafe.  That was our favorite breakfast spot.  The breakfast sandwiches were absolutely delicious.  Wondering if there are any more tables and chairs in that area now.  On our cruise there were just a couple by the windows, and the rest of the area looked spacious and empty.  (Of course there were tables and chairs outside too)

Edited by RaynJeffnOhio

33 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Thank goodness they fixed that bovine sounding door! We never said anything about it but it was a serious nuisance. Maybe they will replace the verandah table with something more appropriate? Hope springs eternal... 😉

We received the new table top today.  Sorry, no big table.

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Okay, Presto, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the Presto speaker is still there, but the good news is that it is much quieter than it was in November. I think they must have toned it way down. I would imagine that you can't hear much up on deck 8. Here is the speaker (upper left -it's white) and the IVs above it:  🙂

Thanks so much h Vtcruiser. Just trying to get my head around where the speakers are. Is the 2nd photo port side or starboard as I can't remember any sort of a roof below us on the plans. Great news that they have quietened it down .... May not need the wire cutters after all. X

Thanks so much h Vtcruiser. Just trying to get my head around where the speakers are. Is the 2nd photo port side or starboard as I can't remember any sort of a roof below us on the plans. Great news that they have quietened it down .... May not need the wire cutters after all. X

That would be port side 🙂

VT, loved your pics of the view from Eden Cafe.  That was our favorite breakfast spot.  The breakfast sandwiches were absolutely delicious.  Wondering if there are any more tables and chairs in that area now.  On our cruise there were just a couple by the windows, and the rest of the area looked spacious and empty.  (Of course there were tables and chairs outside too)

There are some tables around the corner and the manager said to eat anywhere so people were taking it to the comfy couches and chairs. It is a lovely space!!

We had it too, but I figured it was brand new and would loosen  up. I guess not! 😊

VT:  Somewhere I read a post showing a menu in Lumina. And it looked very limited. Knowing that you ate there on this cruise is that the case?  We had planned on eating there most of the nights but might not if the menu is limited. We were in a S1 last year on the Eclipse and enjoyed Lumina immensely. 

It’s very similar to what you had on the Eclipse. They did add some everyday items this week like Caesar salad, shrimp, escargot, chicken, steak, ? Salmon. If you ask ahead they will get it most likely for the next day. 🙂

Just had an amazing Cruise Critic Meet and Greet!! We actullay received invitations yesterday. It was on Eden 5 and was closed off for us. There were a lot of people there- 129 signed up. They had refreshments and the bar was there if anyone wanted anything.

Damien gave a nice introduction and the Guest Relations Director was there. He was amazing. He came over because someone told him about my strong interest in the ship and we chatted for 20-30 minutes about the Edge. He said that they are watching Cruise Critic and taking notes - they appreciate the feedback. We chatted about balcony furniture and IV issues - he said things are settling down some and that people are starting to understand the IV and enjoy it more. 

Anyway, I felt valued as a Cruise Critic person. It was great to meet all the wonderful people that have been chatting for a long time on our roll call. Everyone I talked to seems happy with their experience on the Edge so far (obviously not perfect, but in balance, people seemed happy). Most people I’ve talked to have liked their IVs  ( with the usual complaints) - I’ve started asking if both people in the room get up at the same time - that seems to be the bigger issue. 🙂

We are going back to Le Grand Bistro for lunch. Rack of lamb featured on a Tuesdays. I don’t know if I can take any more rich food. 😉

Cabin crawl this afternoon. I will be glad when it is over. It is massive!  Wish us luck!!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Just had an amazing Cruise Critic Meet and Greet!! We actullay received invitations yesterday. It was on Eden 5 and was closed off for us. There were a lot of people there- 129 signed up. They had refreshments and the bar was there if anyone wanted anything.

Damien gave a nice introduction and the Guest Relations Director was there. He was amazing. He came over because someone told him about my strong interest in the ship and we chatted for 20-30 minutes about the Edge. He said that they are watching Cruise Critic and taking notes - they appreciate the feedback. We chatted about balcony furniture and IV issues - he said things are settling down some and that people are starting to understand the IV and enjoy it more. 

Anyway, I felt valued as a Cruise Critic person. It was great to meet all the wonderful people that have been chatting for a long time on our roll call. Everyone I talked to seems happy with their experience on the Edge so far (obviously not perfect, but in balance, people seemed happy). Most people I’ve talked to have liked their IVs  ( with the usual complaints) - I’ve started asking if both people in the room get up at the same time - that seems to be the bigger issue. 🙂

We are going back to Le Grand Bistro for lunch. Rack of lamb featured on a Tuesdays. I don’t know if I can take any more rich food. 😉

Cabin crawl this afternoon. I will be glad when it is over. It is massive!  Wish us luck!!

Is Maarten still on the ship? Glad to hear you had a better Meet and Greet than some of the past Edge sailings. Also glad to hear that they are watching CC boards.