Jump to content
vtcruising

VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

There are some tables around the corner and the manager said to eat anywhere so people were taking it to the comfy couches and chairs. It is a lovely space!!

 

Ahhh, is that below our IV cabin ????

Hopefully they keep it quiet and intimate !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It’s the hippy van!

That"s what they did with cart..very cute! But a  small library would better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I’m not sure if this has been reported yet but there is a book exchange in Eden!! My DH will be very excited!! They are listening....

 

E88FAF95-FE6F-4EAC-B996-A7D90E0EE00C.thumb.jpeg.10508502f25c1e1bea5b98785ad8aa42.jpeg

 

 

At first glance, I thought you’d packed your pop-up store after all🤣  Kudos to Celebrity for providing a book exchange pushcart. It appears that they are listening. 

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy lunch..and the Cabin Crawl.. So happy cruise is going well!  

 

Seems the Bistro does not take lunch res.   Let us know how you enjoyed lunch there.  We cancelled Rooftop Grill for  dinner next Tuesday (San Juan port day). Instead, we plan on trying the Bistro for lunch  ( rack of lamb sounds good and a few other items) . Hope they are open on port days. 

 

Glad X is reaching out. I am starting to believe they do want to retain  their loyal customers while appealing to new ones.   If they lower the music volume all around....that would be  great start!

 

As for the IV.. I think it is not  so much a question of understanding it,  but  figuring out how to deal with a space that is too small with the current  furniture that is too big and clunky.  We'd enjoy a nice high bistro table and chairs..drinks with a view..

 

We are sorted out and  slowly starting to pack..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Just had an amazing Cruise Critic Meet and Greet!! We actullay received invitations yesterday. It was on Eden 5 and was closed off for us. There were a lot of people there- 129 signed up. They had refreshments and the bar was there if anyone wanted anything.

 

Damien gave a nice introduction and the Guest Relations Director was there. He was amazing. He came over because someone told him about my strong interest in the ship and we chatted for 20-30 minutes about the Edge. He said that they are watching Cruise Critic and taking notes - they appreciate the feedback. We chatted about balcony furniture and IV issues - he said things are settling down some and that people are starting to understand the IV and enjoy it more. 

 

Anyway, I felt valued as a Cruise Critic person. It was great to meet all the wonderful people that have been chatting for a long time on our roll call. Everyone I talked to seems happy with their experience on the Edge so far (obviously not perfect, but in balance, people seemed happy). Most people I’ve talked to have liked their IVs  ( with the usual complaints) - I’ve started asking if both people in the room get up at the same time - that seems to be the bigger issue. 🙂

 

 

It's good to hear that your CC meeting turned out to be a lot better than ours!

I'm curious as to what the Guest Relations manager had to say regarding the furniture on the Sky suite verandahs. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The book exchange cart was not on the January 13th sailing.  It's a good addition!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jcpc said:

The book exchange cart was not on the January 13th sailing.  It's a good addition!

 

I think it was set up today or yesterday since I saw the empty cart earlier in cruise (I think). 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hcat said:

Enjoy lunch..and the Cabin Crawl.. So happy cruise is going well!  

 

Seems the Bistro does not take lunch res.   Let us know how you enjoyed lunch there.  We cancelled Rooftop Grill for  dinner next Tuesday (San Juan port day). Instead, we plan on trying the Bistro for lunch  ( rack of lamb sounds good and a few other items) . Hope they are open on port days. 

 

Glad X is reaching out. I am starting to believe they do want to retain  their loyal customers while appealing to new ones.   If they lower the music volume all around....that would be  great start!

 

As for the IV.. I think it is not  so much a question of understanding it,  but  figuring out how to deal with a space that is too small with the current  furniture that is too big and clunky.  We'd enjoy a nice high bistro table and chairs..drinks with a view..

 

We are sorted out and  slowly starting to pack..

You can make lunch Reservations when onboard. They recommended it for sea days. Yesterday it was very quiet while in port.

 

Both days were excellent!! A new favorite!! They are very, very nice there and food is superb. The French wines are yummy (though after the 2 bottles of Camus last night, between 4 of us, the reds just didn’t taste the same today for some reason. 😉

 

The rack of lamb with petite roasted root vegetables was just amazing. Wish they served it every day!!!

 

72A566A4-1C83-4B81-8C34-C2AD77760427.thumb.jpeg.6cce5dbb255aba2aeae8f4b8f1346716.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for another great live review! I saw on another thread that someone mentioned getting a great Tres Leches cake in Cafe al Bacio on another ship. If you get the chance, could you see if they offer this on the Edge as well? It is my favorite dessert! Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

It's good to hear that your CC meeting turned out to be a lot better than ours!

I'm curious as to what the Guest Relations manager had to say regarding the furniture on the Sky suite verandahs. 😉

He said that they are talking over solutions. I added my 2 cents that the balcony furniture was inferior to S and M class and this was supposed to be a step up.

 

i did find out what happened to the hippie van from him. Apparently they were putting that on the Retreat Sundeck instead of a bar (would have cold drinks in it). They decided to go with the bar. Oh well, the bar is probably a better thing to have. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

He said that they are talking over solutions. I added my 2 cents that the balcony furniture was inferior to S and M class and this was supposed to be a step up.

 

i did find out what happened to the hippie van from him. Apparently they were putting that on the Retreat Sundeck instead of a bar (would have cold drinks in it). They decided to go with the bar. Oh well, the bar is probably a better thing to have. 😀

Thanks. I am not giving up hope that Corporate will see that it is such a simple fix for the balcony furniture. That lounger on your balcony was brought on board for a reason... 😉

And, personally, I do think the bar is better than the van. 😊

Edited by C-Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the Edge Library!  It's in the Retreat Lounge.

 

All the books we looked at are on French, and to add insult to injury [especially for us as retired librarians] they have ripped the covers off! :classic_ohmy:

 

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You can make lunch Reservations when onboard. They recommended it for sea days. Yesterday it was very quiet while in port.

 

Both days were excellent!! A new favorite!! They are very, very nice there and food is superb. The French wines are yummy (though after the 2 bottles of Camus last night, between 4 of us, the reds just didn’t taste the same today for some reason. 😉

 

The rack of lamb with petite roasted root vegetables was just amazing. Wish they served it every day!!!

 

72A566A4-1C83-4B81-8C34-C2AD77760427.thumb.jpeg.6cce5dbb255aba2aeae8f4b8f1346716.jpeg

 

WOW.   Thanks

How much is the lunch ?

Looks Yummy.. and with a good wine..oh yeah! I like it a bit more cooked ( just me) but we will def  book that  as soon as we get on board. Glad the staff is nice! Do you have the daily menu link?

 

  We used to eat lunch or brunch at the B on 5  on most days..til they took it away for sushi.  It was not  that well attended ..often  just us and the officers!

 

Sal got some great soup recipes from some of the  B on 5 chefs...one was for   Celery  Soup..He served it for Thanksgiving that year and our guests were licking their bowls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I found the Edge Library!  It's in the Retreat Lounge.

 

All the books we looked at are on French, and to add insult to injury [especially for us as retired librarians] they have ripped the covers off! :classic_ohmy:

 

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Yes, I commented about this awhile ago on another thread. Supposed to be “artsy”. 😉

You can find the books on shelves in the Penthouse too. 😳

Edited by C-Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I found the Edge Library!  It's in the Retreat Lounge.

 

All the books we looked at are on French, and to add insult to injury [especially for us as retired librarians] they have ripped the covers off! :classic_ohmy:

 

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Are they kidding ?..What a travesty...how awful...so fake.  Far cry from the  QM 2 library...my favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Are they kidding ?..What a travesty...how awful...so fake.  Far cry from the  QM 2 library...my favorite!

I believe jazzbeau was being facetious... 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hcat said:

 

WOW.   Thanks

How much is the lunch ?

Looks Yummy.. and with a good wine..oh yeah! I like it a bit more cooked ( just me) but we will def  book that  as soon as we get on board. Glad the staff is nice! Do you have the daily menu link?

 

  We used to eat lunch or brunch at the B on 5  on most days..til they took it away for sushi.  It was not  that well attended ..often  just us and the officers!

 

Sal got some great soup recipes from some of the  B on 5 chefs...one was for   Celery  Soup..He served it for Thanksgiving that year and our guests were licking their bowls!

$20 pp for lunch- the menu has the daily specials on it.

 

785D3061-80E3-42EE-8872-820C857DB496.thumb.jpeg.e72fdded958a367eb5414eae6593a37d.jpeg5F8C683E-DCD7-4769-B40E-B80209BAEF42.thumb.jpeg.328cb7919e6a21ba4efd5ce03b7a5254.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Elite breakfast in Tuscan appears to have quite a few good additions since the January 6 sailing. I was surprised at how sparse the offering was then compared to the huge breakfast buffet in Tuscan Grill on Reflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I believe jazzbeau was being facetious... 😁

Sorry..sometimes I just don't get it.

.So this is an alleged decor item..not to be read.  So sad to see books destroyed like that.  They will be dust collectors just like the Hoppen pillows and faux coral!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survived Cabin Crawl with about 80 people. So glad that is over and no one killed me! Ended up a great group - lots of fun! Denisa delivered lots of goodies and expensive champagne for the hosts to enjoy in our suite. A little crowded but we are all good friends now!! Thanks to all hosts!!

 

A big thank you to Oville and beach bunny for being team leaders - a job well done! Now time for a top shelf margarita!!!

3BBD0966-19F2-4AA4-B64C-8CA9A13B4BA2.thumb.jpeg.eaef683c0a5d85189d746a588a5dd612.jpeg

 

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alishac said:

Thanks for another great live review! I saw on another thread that someone mentioned getting a great Tres Leches cake in Cafe al Bacio on another ship. If you get the chance, could you see if they offer this on the Edge as well? It is my favorite dessert! Thanks.

I will look - I have seen that in other CABs and had it on the Reflection last year, I believe. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry..sometimes I just don't get it.

.So this is an alleged decor item..not to be read.  So sad to see books destroyed like that.  They will be dust collectors just like the Hoppen pillows and faux coral!

No, the books are not there to be read. And, yes, they will collect dust. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with Daniel Skjeldam, CEO Hurtigruten
      • Win a 7-Night Romantic Danube Luxury River Cruise with AmaWaterways
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×