VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

You can see it in the link below. When you enter the Retreat Lounge there is a door to the far left of the room. This is the access to the bar and the stairway to the Retreat pool. It is actually located on the Starboard side of the ship. You can see it on the Celebrity website deck plans for the Edge. Sorry I can’t get the deck plan to post.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-edge-i-1130/the-retreat-pool-bar-420609/the-retreat-pool-bar--v18655417/

Oh yes, we know about at the retreat bar at the retreat pool deck deck 16.  Sorry, I misunderstood, your post, I thought you meant a bar on deck 15 near the retreat lounge.

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Oh yes, we know about at the retreat bar at the retreat pool deck deck 16.  Sorry, I misunderstood, your post, I thought you meant a bar on deck 15 near the retreat lounge.

The bar in the picture is on deck 15 Starboard, just outside the Retreat Lounge.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm getting a bit confused with all the "Retreat" areas.    Where is it that they don't have a "Retreat Bar"?   Are there seats around the Retreat Bar on the deck outside the Lounge?   

There is currently no “bar” inside the Retreat Lounge on the Edge.

Drink orders are prepared behind closed doors by the servers.

Marilyn has indicated that am actual bar will be added inside the Retreat Lounge on Apex.

Edited by C-Dragons

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

As I look at deck plans, the outside Retreat Bar is close to the Retreat Pool on Deck 16.  The inside Retreat Lounge is on Deck 15. 

So sorry, you are correct.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Sorry, I was mistaken, it's been a bad day. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 🙃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm getting a bit confused with all the "Retreat" areas.    Where is it that they don't have a "Retreat Bar"?   Are there seats around the Retreat Bar on the deck outside the Lounge?   

As we end our week on Edge, I can't say I've actually tried this walk, but there is the deck plan that seems to show how it can be done:

The stair from the Retreat Lounge [which is open to Zenith] is at the bottom right of deck 12 – it goes up to the bottom right of deck 14 which is [probably] not guarded so you can then walk across to the port side and forward to the Retreat bar.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 10.31.12 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As we end our week on Edge, I can't say I've actually tried this walk, but there is the deck plan that seems to show how it can be done:

The stair from the Retreat Lounge [which is open to Zenith] is at the bottom right of deck 12 – it goes up to the bottom right of deck 14 which is [probably] not guarded so you can then walk across to the port side and forward to the Retreat bar.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 10.31.12 PM.png

From what I recall, a key card is necessary to access the entry points you are referring to. You are correct, they are not “guarded”, but there are glass doors at those points.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

From what I recall, a key card is necessary to access the entry points you are referring to. You are correct, they are not “guarded”, but there are glass doors at those points.

The entrance to the Retreat Lounge on 15 may be carded, but at least twice on this cruise I saw random people find their way into the Retreat Lounge [either on the coattails of a suite passenger or because the door just opened].  The desk there isn't always staffed, so once in you would be 'in.'  Whether the stairway form 15 to 16 is carded, I don't know.  But my point was for Zeniths: they should be allowed through the main door on 15 because Zeniths have access to that lounge.

I think Zenith could go up to the pool bar, but once the bartender saw their card they might be told very politely that the Retreat Pooldeck is for suite guests. 

It’s amazing but all 3 Retreat concierges got to know us and greeted us by name by the second to third day.  They seemed to know exactly who is Zenith and who are high rollers, etc.( from conversations I overheard). At least one of them seemed to always be there during the day and evening, keeping tabs on things. It was a better run operation this time. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

12 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Glad you made it to your hotel - you must be so excited!! I wish I could start the week over but we are both feeling the affects of the rich food, alcohol and late nights. I guess it is time to go home and back into a normal routine. I do appreciate the offer of the couch. The LGB sommelier offered Henry his couch so we would have been all set. :classic_wink:

Your place sounds nice! Would love to see it some day. 

Will be be thinking of you this week! Keep us updated on your adventures!!!😀

Thanks,...be careful leaving today...Sorry about Barbara' s fall...

We are going to  try to watch our step...lots of level changes on EDGE.

I see EDGE on the port webcam..but our hotel has no views of ship...we are  about 4 miles to the port..looks wet and windu..not raining here at the moment!

Edited by hcat

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

I see EDGE on the port webcam..but our hotel has no views of ship...we are  about 4 miles to the port..looks wet and windu..not raining here at the moment!

Just leaving - no rain right now! Easy peasy disembarkation!

Hope you have an amazing time and a fun birthday!!! Will be picturing you in your dusty rose  dress.😀

Edited by vtcruising

Marilyn, I’m so sorry to see that Beachbunny was injured, but I’m relieved that she’s doing OK this morning. I’m wishing all of you smooth travels home. Thanks so much for all your work on our behalf. You remain the Queen of the Edgies😊🌺   Cheers!  Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

I finally booked 2 cruises yesterday. They can at least be place holders (with the $100 deposit and extra OBC) - I will watch the prices.

I booked the Edge for next Jan. I was really just too sad to leave without knowing I would be back. I booked an SV 10273. It’s rhe middle one with bed by bath. If prices drop, we may upgrade but I’m sure we would be happy in an SV and the wonderful specialties and MDRs.

i also booked Apex for Jan 2021 in an S2 about the same location as our S 1 this time. We paid less than $2000 more than we paid for the one we just did and will use the future cruise credit they gave us because of the accident and get it closer in price.

We may move these around but wanted to get something. I don’t I know if I can wait until next Jan to see the Edge again. 😀

I will try to send some video clips of Eden with afternoon music. It is so surreal and beautiful ( with the ocean in the background) - it never got old!! An absolutely spectacular experience I’ve never had on another ship. Here’s a taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It was really fun to watch Eden change in the evening. We were there for late afternoon music in our favorite spot (in the chairs at the rail on 6, overlooking the music on 5.). At 6 the atmosphere becomes a little smoky and the lights change colors. Some characters came out to visit and we got to chat. It was fun to get to know Kronos , the neutral character who breaks the spell on the guests. We also saw Bloom and had fun with a little sign language with her. I guess you need to be in the right mood....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

WHAT! bb fell?

So sorry to hear that...

Is this a potential omen for some of our great friends aboard The Edge?

I will do my best to be bubble wrapped before arriving at the terminal....

I wish bb a speedy recovery.

All others be safe.. and above all have fun aboard.

bon voyage

We stayed in the Retreat Lounge until they threw everybody off shortly after 9. No lines at Immigration or Customs, and our luggage was easy to spot with most others’ gone. Uber brought us to the Hilton and we were able to repack our van in the sheltered garage. Killing some time now before heading to 11am Mass nearby, then off to Naples and points north and west.

Hope everybody gets home safely and smoothly — no more falls!

Thanks again Marilyn for all you did for us. The cabin crawl was a terrific work of project management. Glad to hear that you will be enjoying Edge and Apex — I’ll be watching for the threads that document all the design tweaks in response to our comments. :classic_smile: 

Marilyn,

Loved your video clip from Eden and look forward to seeing more!  You have been such a wealth of information for all of us.  I wish you were joining us for the Transatlantic in April!

So glad Beachbunny is doing ok - at least she timed it for the end of her cruise:classic_unsure:

Safe travels home and looking forward to anymore information you have for us Edgies🚢

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We stayed in the Retreat Lounge until they threw everybody off shortly after 9. No lines at Immigration or Customs, and our luggage was easy to spot with most others’ gone. Uber brought us to the Hilton and we were able to repack our van in the sheltered garage. Killing some time now before heading to 11am Mass nearby, then off to Naples and points north and west.

Hope everybody gets home safely and smoothly — no more falls!

Thanks again Marilyn for all you did for us. The cabin crawl was a terrific work of project management. Glad to hear that you will be enjoying Edge and Apex — I’ll be watching for the threads that document all the design tweaks in response to our comments. :classic_smile: 

We enjoyed meeting you and your lovely DW and won’t foget our Chefs Market Tour and 18 course dinner. 😉

Glad we survived the cabin crawl - it was quite an event - even Joao in the Retreat knew about it. It’s funny how people kept inviting more people and it snow-balled. When I was in the GP waiting to start it, several more people joined in. One poor guy kept begging me to wait for his wife who was in the bathroom (he wasn’t in our roll call, but they were so thrilled that they did get to go).  Oh well, it was fun. 🙂

Were you you at the captain’s Q&A yesterday? I laughed out loud when someone asked him about keeping track of things to improve upon with the Apex (while sailing on the Edge) and he said they already had 400 pages of notes. It was an interesting talk and captain Kafetsis was there (taking over next Sunday).

Safe travels!! 

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Sad to see this trip come to an end. Hopefully someone will pick up where you left off when they board today.

Norma

I have a lot more to post! I got waylaid the last couple of days. It will help me with Post Edge Depression to post more about the cruise. Such good times!!

18 minutes ago, 8mma said:

Marilyn,

Loved your video clip from Eden and look forward to seeing more!  You have been such a wealth of information for all of us.  I wish you were joining us for the Transatlantic in April!

So glad Beachbunny is doing ok - at least she timed it for the end of her cruise:classic_unsure:

Safe travels home and looking forward to anymore information you have for us Edgies🚢

Wish I could do the TA - what fun you are going to have!! 😀

58 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

WHAT! bb fell?

So sorry to hear that...

Is this a potential omen for some of our great friends aboard The Edge?

I will do my best to be bubble wrapped before arriving at the terminal....

I wish bb a speedy recovery.

All others be safe.. and above all have fun aboard.

bon voyage

Yes I’m wearing my helmet next time! Can’t wait to hear your impressions of the ship!! 😀