Couples Massage Question

Super27

We are thinking about booking a couples massage on the Liberty. I know that the couples massage suite has a whirlpool in it. When we've done these in land-based spas, they usually let you soak in the whirlpool for awhile, then do the massage. Is that how it works on the ship? I'm also confused a bit by the times. For instance, is a 50-minute massage just the massage itself, or does that include the whirlpool time as well? Would like to hear from anyone who has done one on what your experience was like. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Port of Tampa said:

Have done several couples massages on different ships and don’t recall seeing a whirlpool in the treatment rooms.  They have them in the spa that you could use before or after.

How would you one know this?  Do they send something to your cabin and it says it there? We will be on the Horizon next month.  My husband and I booked a couples massage and we each booked a facial.  I didn't see anywhere online that you can use the whirlpool.  Thanks for any info.

52 minutes ago, mickeyhereicome said:

How would you one know this?  Do they send something to your cabin and it says it there? We will be on the Horizon next month.  My husband and I booked a couples massage and we each booked a facial.  I didn't see anywhere online that you can use the whirlpool.  Thanks for any info.

The Horizon has cloud nine spa with a thalossapy pool which is like a large whirlpool with mineral water. Recommend you get the couples pass and enjoy that the heated loungers and various steam/sanas.  Enjoy the cruise we are cruising tomorrow on the miracle and with it had a cloud nine spa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port of Tampa said:

Have done several couples massages on different ships and don’t recall seeing a whirlpool in the treatment rooms.  They have them in the spa that you could use before or after.

Interesting, thanks for the info. One of the sites my girlfriend was looking at definitely showed one in the pictures, but maybe it was from another ship or just a stock photo.

4 hours ago, Super27 said:

We are thinking about booking a couples massage on the Liberty. I know that the couples massage suite has a whirlpool in it. When we've done these in land-based spas, they usually let you soak in the whirlpool for awhile, then do the massage. Is that how it works on the ship? I'm also confused a bit by the times. For instance, is a 50-minute massage just the massage itself, or does that include the whirlpool time as well? Would like to hear from anyone who has done one on what your experience was like. Thanks!

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

I think your answer would be here. 

1 hour ago, mickeyhereicome said:

I looked at that, but it appears that the Liberty doesn't have the "Cloud 9" spa. It shows they have "Spa Carnival" instead, and there isn't much listed about their facilities and options.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, Super27 said:

Yea..... I had the same question. I'm on the Magic and have a spa cabin. Saw it on youtube and pictures.  I did my own homework and found out you will need to talk to the SPA service when you get on board.  That is the BEST answer!!

I have done the spa tour and seen the corner room that includes a whirlpool. I know it was on Horizon, but can't remember if it was on Magic. I am pretty sure it was. It is definitely not in the standard couples massage, that is just a side by side standard deal on massage beds. I remember on the Horizon they said it could be booked, but I don't remember rates or the name of the room. I know that is not much help. But there is a room in the spa area for couples that includes a whirlpool. And you can schedule a massage in there, but I don't have any more details about it and my google-fu is failing me.

Also, someone earlier mentioned t-pool on the Horizon. If you have sailed a Dream class ship like the Magic, the "t-pool" on the Vista class ships is a joke. I would say on the Dream class, getting spa access is a must. But for us we won't be getting it again on the Vista class ships.

8 hours ago, BrevigMissionFNP said:

We did a couples massage on the splendor in October.  I think I remember it was an additional 75.00 for 30 min in the tub you do it before the massage.

I will be on the Magic the end of March and I will have all the answers about the massage & whirlpool..... and anything else about the spa.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, five. said:

That room is called the VIP suite. It's mentioned on this page, I just missed it the first time around. There is not much mention of it on the boards. Good job finding the pic!

I've seen this for a year now. Wife and I sail on Magic in 36 days. YES we have a spa cabin and doing the BATHING RITUAL WITH MASSAGE!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

I've seen this for a year now. Wife and I sail on Magic in 36 days. YES we have a spa cabin and doing the BATHING RITUAL WITH MASSAGE!!

I know there is a discount on services as an amenity with the spa cabin. Would you happen to have an idea of the price for the service you selected?

Thanks in advance!!

On 1/23/2019 at 10:06 AM, Djford75 said:

Wife and I are doing a couples massage on the breeze next week.  I've never had a massage, what do you wear to such an event?

😃

As little as you feel comfortable wearing!  You will be covered with a sheet at all times, other than the area being massaged at the time.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, lwhitlock1231@gmail.com said:

I know there is a discount on services as an amenity with the spa cabin. Would you happen to have an idea of the price for the service you selected?

Thanks in advance!!

I've seen $329..... with a spa cabin you get %discounts (20%-30%-40%) off. 

I'm on the Magic end of March and I will have the REAL TRUTH then.

2 hours ago, ElCrappyTan said:

Do they give you time afterward to "enjoy the room"?

They give you a few minutes and then knock before they come back in.  They're pretty eager to get back in there to sell you some of their product.  A curt "no thank you" was all it took to get them to back off, though.