Cruise Critic Community
IslandSliderGirl

Shareholder onboard credit

6 minutes ago, Loritd said:

I faxed my info a week ago. I didn't think to give my email address, just my snail mail address. How will I know if it goes through? Should I send it again with my email address. 

I didn’t send my email address either. I think they get it from your account with the booking id you give them. Wouldn’t hurt to fax again. But they may just be slow. I faxed mine again after a week and ended up getting responses back from that fax and my original.

EDIT: I did fax and email the second time but I think they only responded to the fax because below their email it has a transmission time from my submission and it looked like a fax they were responding to.

Edited by Saint Greg

I faxed today and gave my email address and received confirmation within 2 hours. Fastest ever. 

Thanks for the quick responses. I am going to fax it again, with my email this time. 

How late/early prior to the cruise can you send?

After the final payment ok?

The Carnival shareholder PDF says it must be submitted 3 weeks prior to sailing.

The same PDF says the benefit is only available on cruises thru July 31, 2019; so I am surprised to see others mention already receiving OBC for their sailings in 2020. I have a HAL cruise booked for Sept. to Alaska, and have held off submitting it until they extend the offer. I called Carnival and asked, they said a new extension should be issued this month.

Some thoughts...

$56.40 - Current Carnival share price

$5,640.00 - Total cost to buy 100 shares (plus any trading fees)

Dividend is great now at about 3.6%.

Assuming you go on one 7 day cruise each year, that's an extra $100 for you which equates to about a 1.77% return ($100 dollars into your $5,640 cost of the stock).  This isn't factoring how much you spend on the actual cruise, of course.

This brings your total return up to about 5.37% BEFORE any possible stock price appreciation.

Not a bad deal.  

Question : If I bought 100 shares and booked a cruise using one of the VIFP offers, does that mean I cannot receive the OBC from the stock ? 

Edited by iltutcruiser

16 minutes ago, iltutcruiser said:

Question : If I bought 100 shares and booked a cruise using one of the VIFP offers, does that mean I cannot receive the OBC from the stock ? 

As long as the cruise is not completely comped then you get the benefit (although they have given me the credit even though I was on a free cruise).  The worse they can say is no.

3 hours ago, bowlinmoe said:

Some thoughts...

$56.40 - Current Carnival share price

$5,640.00 - Total cost to buy 100 shares (plus any trading fees)

Dividend is great now at about 3.6%.

Assuming you go on one 7 day cruise each year, that's an extra $100 for you which equates to about a 1.77% return ($100 dollars into your $5,640 cost of the stock).  This isn't factoring how much you spend on the actual cruise, of course.

This brings your total return up to about 5.37% BEFORE any possible stock price appreciation.

Not a bad deal.  

I bought at 48 earlier this month so I'm already up $840 on the stock. And I've got $300 total OBC approved for cruises over the next 13 months. Plus the dividends when they come. Not bad at all.

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I bought at 48 earlier this month so I'm already up $840 on the stock. And I've got $300 total OBC approved for cruises over the next 13 months. Plus the dividends when they come. Not bad at all.

Thats awesome ! I have my eye in it, if the price dips again, I will pounce !

Just now, iltutcruiser said:

Thats awesome ! I have my eye in it, if the price dips again, I will pounce !

When it was at 50 I set an auto buy at 48. And when it went down next it bought it for me automatically...if you have a number in mind.

We re-faxed our info today (with our email address) and received a confirmation of our onboard credit in two hours. A little beer money.:classic_biggrin: