Dress code

MomC

Is it true that there are no formal nights?  My husband needs no suit—just a sport coat and no tie?  He will be thrilled!  How do women dress?  I am used to country club casual where my husband wears a long sleeved shirt, open collar and a sport coat.

Mom C

This is good - I was going to ask the same question!  My husband is not wild about wearing a sport coat and getting him into a suit is next to impossible!

He has dockers and a combination of woven shirts - both long and short sleeve - and golf shirts. Tie?  What tie? 😜

I’m more the eclectic dresser. Many of my clothes come from Soft Surroundings lately... and LL Bean. I don’t own a dress, but I manage the LBD look with a black  knit Toad & Co skirt and a black top.  Lots of scarfs and statement necklaces. I don’t mind being different, but I don’t want to stand out like a sore thumb 😆

Hoping we’ll work out okay!  This is our first Azamara experience. We have been cruising with Viking lately, so that’s what we’re used to. We’re looking forward to this cruise. And it’s coming up sooner than we think!

7 hours ago, MomC said:

And what is the dress code on Viking? We’ve never sailed with them but have friends who only sail Viking now.

They call it Elegant Casual. Pretty much collared shirts and dockers or dress pants for men and pants, capris or a skirt with a knit top or blouse. Some men wore Jacket and a few women wore dresses, but most were casual. 

On some cruises it says no jeans in the documents and sometimes there is a sign outside of all venues but the pool grill and the World Cafe, but our cruise didn’t mention it and there were a few - not many - in jeans at the restaurants. 

It may have to do with the itinerary. We were in the Caribbean. 

5 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

We just returned from our 3rd Viking Ocean Cruise, and have done 9 Azamara with one booked for May.  I would say that the dress code is very similar.  Our cruises have been in Mediterranean.  

Thanks!  That’s good to know. I’ll just pack my standard Viking gear!