Not Happy with Liquor Up Charges

gmbhardy

On 3/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, fsls40 said:

Is Maker's Mark back In the $15 Threshold ?

Makers hasn't been included for a while, and there hasn't been a major stink over it since. Can't imagine they included it back. (Not that I agree.  DBIL only drinks that, and he settled out of principle on our last cruse together.)

On 3/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, Momma Rene said:

That is not what I bought when I purchased a Haven cabin!  I can go to any other line and get Grey Goose, no problem.  This is bait and switch.  I don't have to make final payment until August, so I am going to be researching other lines.  Also, other lines include water and specialty coffee in their pricing.  I am paying premium for the Haven.  Huge disappointment.

We just booked a Royal Caribbean Star class suite that includes their drink package, grats, internet, laundry, unlimited specialty restaurants ... for WAY less than the cheapest Haven suite sailing same week, same itinerary Escape v. Anthem. We'll see. 

Edited by AlexandNessa

1 hour ago, AlexandNessa said:

Makers hasn't been included for a while, and there hasn't been a major stink over it since. Can't imagine they included it back. (Not that I agree.  DBIL only drinks that, and he settled out of principle on our last cruse together.)

We just booked a Royal Caribbean Star class suite that includes their drink package, grats, internet, laundry, unlimited specialty restaurants ... for WAY less than the cheapest Haven suite sailing same week, same itinerary Escape v. Anthem. We'll see. 

Star class is way better. Haven on Escape left us thoroghly unimpressed, would never do that again. 

• Thanks 1

I know I'm dredging up a month old thread.... We have been pretty loyal to Norwegian, but recently booked Royal Caribbean on a whim. Our drink package is included with our room, but I was almost in shock when I saw the drink package prices on RCI: Currently showing 46$pp/pd, but some have reported as low as 42/44$, depending on specials. That includes bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee, and a whole host of drinks that NCL charges an upcharge over their basic package.  I was literally floored at the crazy discrepancy between the 2 lines. 

We're Platinum Plus on Norwegian, but we'll soon learn if Royal is a viable alternative, where pricing is the deciding factor. 

On 3/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, AlexandNessa said:

I know I'm dredging up a month old thread.... We have been pretty loyal to Norwegian, but recently booked Royal Caribbean on a whim. Our drink package is included with our room, but I was almost in shock when I saw the drink package prices on RCI: Currently showing 46$pp/pd, but some have reported as low as 42/44$, depending on specials. That includes bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee, and a whole host of drinks that NCL charges an upcharge over their basic package.  I was literally floored at the crazy discrepancy between the 2 lines. 

We're Platinum Plus on Norwegian, but we'll soon learn if Royal is a viable alternative, where pricing is the deciding factor. 

I was unable to find this drink package price on RCL. Would you mind sharing how to get to this information? Thanks

On 1/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, gmbhardy said:

Thank you very much for posting this. Some posters were questioning the authenticity of the conversation I had with the food and beverage director on the Bliss. So the upgrade will cost you $243.60 (including gratuity) per week. Wow. I bet you’ll see the cost of more and more  drinks raised over the $15.00 threshold to encourage more people to buy the premium package. What a rip-off.

330$ in Canadian dollars for ONE person 😡

23 hours ago, teeredi2cruise said:

I was unable to find this drink package price on RCL. Would you mind sharing how to get to this information? Thanks

They often have sales on the drink package. Mine is showing 46$ pp/pd when I log in. Others on my ship have reported 44$, some 42$. It does depend on the ship though. Oasis class can be more expensive, I'm told. This is Anthem:

Screenshot_20190327-111159_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20190327-111722_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by AlexandNessa