Anthem-have you switched TV inputs for ROKU?

jneitzel1

Hello: recently I have had success on Allure, Harmony and Grandeur in switching input of the TV, to my Roku. Move tv to see the back, connect another HDMI cable, and switch input on the TV. Although there is no Internet in this scenario, I can attach a thumb drive to the Roku, and watch video, movie, etc that I bring with me. Once done, move everything back as it was.

On Symphony, they totally made it impossible. You could not change the input of the TV. Seems all tv now are Samsung, so I brought a Samsung remote. It would not change the input. In fact, it brought up lines of computer code on the screen, made it very difficult for me to get back to regular tv. So I gave up.

I know what you will say "spend money on a cruise, then watch tv", so save it. I am talking about 1 hour or so per day where I would like to watch something that interests me, and not the nonsense that is on the 4 English channels that they provide.

I travel with 3 woman that like to take their time preparing themselves, so watching some tv keeps me happy. 

It is a very easy thing to do, allow a person the ability if they choose, to connect the HDMI to something else temporarily. But it seems on Symphony they went to length's to make sure you can not do this.

Have you done this on Anthem?

Jeff

Thanks for all answers. I have taken the necessary cords, connectors for others ships, which have worked fine.

Symphony would not allow me to change inputs. The input button on the TV was covered over with a piece of plastic, and the Samsung remote that I brought would not switch. The volume, channel and other buttons would...just not input. 

Thanks all for your help. At least I know that my upcoming Anthem, and most likely Adventure trips will not give me such grief. 

Small price to pay (no external connection) on the Symphony. The best ship in the fleet, in my opinion.

Jeff